Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Khecari Vidya PhD Thesis by James Mallinson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  12:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys.

Remember that James Mallinson khechari book?

Someone uploaded the doctoral thesis on which the book is based

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19905357/Khecari-Vidya

I think this is legal, because it is not the book? The contents are 95% close to the book. There IS a lot of practical info, if you can read it without falling asleep.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  08:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson:

Upon inquiry, Jim Mallinson ("flying fakir" in the forums) replied with this:
--------------------------

Thanks for alerting me to this. I had in fact come across the thesis on scribd a while ago. I'm happy for people to download it, but I'd like to alert them to the fact that there are significant improvements in the published book - hundreds of corrections/changes, improvements to the typesetting, Sanskrit in Devanagari, and, perhaps most usefully, an index. At £85 or whatever it was for sale for, I didn't expect anyone other than libraries to buy it, but I've just discovered that Routledge are about to release a paperback edition for £22.50. Indica books in Varanasi are also about to publish an Indian paperback edition, which should retail for about 500 Rs. Khecari-mudra-practising insomniacs might find it easier to take a book to bed with them to help them sleep rather than a pdf!

All the best,

Jim

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000