Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 kriya yoga board
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  08:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A bit of negative response on AYP on Ketch's board,he obviously hasn't read your take on the mantra pages to say you have no understanding or experience I quote
"In my opinion he is someone who has read a lot (and swallowed everything) and collected techniques. He does not give the impression of having any deep experience. Merely knowing a technique is not the same as mastering it.

In my opinion his website is rather typical of the state of yoga today, with many blind students following blind teachers."

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/boa...?&user=Kriya

Edited by - snake on Jan 07 2006 08:32:34 AM

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2006 :  4:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Snake:

Some prefer a traditional approach. Others are more inclined to a self-directed approach. Both can be viable paths.

AYP is offered as an open resource for the latter. It is not about me. It is about what works for the practitioner. The proof of the pudding for any approach is in the eating.

The only one who is wrong in all of this is the one who thinks their way is the only way. That has nothing to do with the efficacy of either approach. It is something else entirely.

Wishing everyone the best on their chosen path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  11:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Snake,

I expect that simple resentment /and/or lack of research is involved in that criticism of AYP, since it does not seem to have much substance or basis. I'm not opposed to anyone criticising AYP, but that criticism just seems way off the mark.

I checked out that board -- apart from some strange stuff by Kvetch, there is a lot of pro-AYP stuff on it too, for example:

Probably one of the best sites on Yoga on the net.
A great wealth of information you will not find anywhere else.
A combination of techniques and practices which is undoubtably very effective.
Nothing to pay. No affiliation. No guru. You're entirely on your own and responsible for your own progression.

Do not believe what you read or what people say about this site, make up your own mind.

One thing is clear, the quality of the AYP board is way ahead of the board you are referring to.

-D

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 09 2006 11:36:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  11:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kvetch said:
In my opinion he (Yogani) is someone who has read a lot (and swallowed everything) and collected techniques.

Quite the opposite. It's quite evident that Yogani did not swallow all of it, since he kept only the best. There is no way you can distill out the best techniques and coordinate them so well without understanding them deeply.

Imagine some choreographer being resentful of Martha Graham and saying that she actually had no real understanding of dancing and choreography, she just saw a bunch of moves other people made and slopped them together and swept broadway and revolutionized dancing!! How much water would that criticism hold?

-D

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 09 2006 12:16:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  1:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David & Snake:

Yes, the trick is in knowing what to keep and what to let go. It is not a matter of being "authorized" by someone. It is a matter of "seeing." With the seeing approach, all channels of knowledge become useful resources to build a whole that can be much greater than the sum of the parts. That is the wonder of successful integration, if one can pull it off.

There is something happening in the world today that is working in favor of this kind of approach:

In this time of rising spiritual awareness, the Truth is more easily discerned (seen) by everyone than in years past. With this greater awareness on the rise, the population in general is becoming much more savvy about what works in spiritual practices, and what does not.

So what I have been doing in putting AYP together is only part of the tip of a vast iceberg. We are in the midst of a huge upsurge in public sensitivity to the practical aspects of spiritual practice.

Given the new environment, we can now ask the question:

Does Truth need an external guru, a lineage, or a tradition to be valid?

No. Whether knowledge is coming from an established tradition or from somewhere else, its primary validation will in the practitioner's rising awareness. This has always been so, but the practitioner has been operating with a disadvantage (too many vision-limiting inner obstructions) -- until now.

There is a new dynamic rising (the guru/seer in everyone) that is going to separate the wheat from the chaff in all matters spiritual. The intolerant types may grumble for a while, but this is a new day. A new paradigm is rising up. No one is exempt from the expansion of inner silence and ecstatic conductivity being cultivated by those who are engaged in effective practices around the world.

Something profound is happening in all of us, and it can't be ignored. Seeing is believing, yes?

And, yes, in this wondrous transformation, I am irrelevant! I am a witness to it along with everyone. Ain't it grand?

You are all becoming rishis (seers), and I know you will make the best of it. I believe in you...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000