Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Soma?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2009 :  7:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In my pranayama practice I have incorporated kechari with alternate nostril breathing, using the tongue instead of the fingers to regulate nostril flow. This has been causing secretions to flow from the erectile tissue inside the nostrils. It feels in consistancy much like a woman's sexual juices but also like a runny nose. Is this the Soma that is spoken of in kechari? The nectar? If so it doesn't seem as significant as the practice itself and energies that flow. Just curious if anyone else is having this experience of if Yogani can share insight into this.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  6:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor:

The way we discuss the nectar cycle in AYP, your experience would be more on the nectar side, coming down through the sinuses and nasal tissues into the GI tract. With the terminology we use, soma is associated with the higher digestion part of the cycle.

It is true that the energetic side will tend to be more noticeable over time. The biochemistry (nectar cycle) has an underlying role in that which may not be noticed much in advanced stages.

It is all heading in the right direction.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2009 :  7:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry about terminology. I was meaning nectar or amrit, but yeah, same idea
Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  3:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
were u able to get to stage 4 w/o a snip n wat did u do to get to stage 4 from 3?

Edited by - fcry64 on Dec 29 2009 3:33:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2009 :  5:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I just practiced kechari every day during pranayama and mediation. Not sure if I am fully at stage 4 but am able to close one nostril at a time with the tip of my tongue. Is that stage 4?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000