Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 kechari mudra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfrobinson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2009 :  8:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfrobinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found AYP searching for pranayama audiobooks on amazon a few months ago. I love the approach and have been using what I've learned having gone through the first six books. However, going back over some material I am becoming increasingly interested in kechari mudra based on everything I have read on this site and others. I have been able to do stage 4 kechari mudra since as long as I can remember - atleast as early as elementary school. I am wondering if this is in part related to my long standing struggles with depression and imbalanced moods. I still very new at all of this and am wondering if there is any advice on how to proceed; should I not continue to do kechari mudra? What is stage 5?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  04:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that kechari is related to mood imbalances but the ability to place the tongue in the right place really doesn't mean all that much unless you use it for pranayama and meditation practice. Rather than suggesting how to stretch to stage 5 I would like to know how you use kechari and with what practices. Regular steady practice is the key to success with any yoga or meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  11:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stage 5 is beyond space and time ;)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  11:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in most cases kechari without any practices like meditation or pranayama seems like just a physical thing with no manifesting results.

i have read about someone around this forum and had direct contact with two guys on the net (one from Saudi Arabia and the other maybe from Egypt) who had kechari already achieved by "Osmosis" but didn't get anything out of it.

one of the people i interacted with got direct results by going to stage three and pushing upwards and forward and rubbing gently; and the other needed to practice spinal breathing pranayama.

in your case we don't know what's happening, so it would be good if you could share some more info about wether you are doing any practices or not and what are they.

concerning kechari 5 (haven't achieved it myself), it's for direct throat and heart chakra stimulation and going over there early on with such an aggressive tool as kechari might not be such a good idea bcz it might bring a lot of overload and for your own good again by "Osmosis" it will be out of your reach (like my case).

it should be pointed out that kechari is not good as a stand alone practice and it's not a must for someone to reach enlightenment.

meditation is the best foundation there can be for any yoga practice.

everything will come to us when we are ready for it (been going through a rough time in learning and accepting that myself.)

concerning the depression and that stuff... these are normal and everyone goes through them at one stage or the other; it's the way we react towards them that makes the difference and of course if it's with awareness than that makes a whole lot of difference.

namaste

p.s: people who achieved kechari this easy (present company included) should thank their lucky stars and make use of their gift in spiritual practice.

no need for me to recount the stuff which others had to go through in order to achieve kechari.
Go to Top of Page

bfrobinson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2009 :  6:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfrobinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I never sensed any energy flows as a result of kechari mudra (that I was aware of, anyway) and was just curious if it might have been a factor in my past.

I would always just do it as a physical habit, maybe the way some people crack their knuckles. It would also help me keep the cavity clean and was useful when I was sick with a head cold.

I started meditating this summer, but once I discovered ayp began regular twice daily practices about two months ago. I'm still not realy sure where kechari mudra fits in to all of this and I don't use it with any of my sitting practices yet. This is at the heart of my post; when and how should I use kechari mudra?

I'm so thankful to have found this forum and would like to thank you all so much for your replies.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  12:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you use kechari steadily during sitting practices of pranayama and meditation you should notice the difference. Just rest your tongue in stage 2 or 3 if that's comfortable and leave it there throughout the sitting practice or until it becomes uncomfortable
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000