AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Power pressure in nerves
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2005 :  8:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found that the sensations in the nerves can become very strong. Like a thick pressure, especially in the neck and skull.

Its not so bad during meditation, but times where I am still and focusing, as in class or at a movie, I feel that pressure come on on its own. I suppose because those activites require focus.

It completely relaxes the areas where the pressure/sensation is in the nervous system, but it can just be so alarming at times.

This isn't a sign of damage is it?

A product of this pressure also is like a stronger sensitivity. I can feel the vibrations of people talking. If I am studying in my room and the phone rings it jolts right through my body. While listening to music it can be pleasurable, like rain drops falling on my face. Because I am so inexperienced though, and without a real guide to talk to time to time, I have anxiety about whether or not it should be that way.

Thanks for the input.

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2005 :  03:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kyman,
I have also experienced this pressure. I liken it to having blocKed sinuses without the pain.I have had this in all parts of my head along with the popping sounds as the energy moves.The pressure is a kriya and a sign of energy movement.I also get this pressure at times when sending healing to others.Your expereinces do sound slightly different to mine but we all have different experiences.You should find in time the pressure reduce as the body becomes purer.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2005 :  3:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the response.

Its usually not like that, but if I meditate intensely the sensation can strengthen, after which a couple days will go by before it weakens again. During that time, the sensations will just come over whenever I am sitting still and focusing.

Have you found many ways to use this.

It can be great because when I get a headeache I put the energy in the nerves in my brain and the pain can no longer be felt. Although, when I break focus the pain returns.

In the same way you can clear the sinuses, just by focusing on them.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2005 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kyman,

In order to give you some helpful ideas it would be useful to know what your current practices are. Could you elaborate on what you typically do in the way of yoga, breathing, mudras meditation etc.

thanks

Anthem

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2005 :  7:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like over doing. I'd suggest backing off and seeing if it gets better. Antyhing that makes it uncomfortable to live in the world is a negative symptom in AYP. Over-sensitivity, irritibility, discomfort, unpleasant energy flows, etc. If you've added a practice recently, try stopping it for a week (or cutting its duration or intensity in half) and see what happens. This is all supposed to be SMOOTH.

If you get headache or TMJ (pain in jaw), here's a non-AYP trick to try. Don't do this during practice! It's for before/after!

Do an exhale ala spinal breathing (i.e. move energy down), with tip of tongue lightly touching roof of mouth. Visualize energy running down the front of the face, through the tongue to the back of the throat (right at the throat chakra), and visualize the spinal breathing flow taking this energy down the spine (and letting more spill naturally off your face and down from your head).

It takes a long time to master this to the point where you can do it quickly and completely, but if you work at it, it will be a wondrful tool. For those of us who suffer from blocked energy channel in this area, it's a god send.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Dec 24 2005 7:21:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000