Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Giving it all away, the ultimate self-pacing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2009 :  9:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani has often written here and there in posts about self-pacing to go out and do service when people indicate that they are "over" in and need to self-pace. The power of this has come to hit home recently for self-pacing in the energy department.

Recently after having overdone things to a degree which ordinarily would have incurred symptoms of over-doing in the energy department, for whatever reason I decided to give the energy away. I started by giving it away anywhere and everywhere simply by intention, to the walls of the room I was in, to the floor, the ceiling, furniture, then to every grain of sand and tree on the planet, to friends, family, to anyone and everybody who wanted it.

Interestingly, no perceivable symptoms from having overdone things in the energy department manifested. The energy was present in the system in abundance, but no emotional upheaval, no irritability etc. In fact, that evening during sleep there was much more ecstasy than usual, unsure if the two events were related, but more research in general seems to be required.

Throwing it out there for contemplation and experimentation.

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  04:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Yeah I find that too. Relating to ecstasy and helping, sometimes I notice that after helping someone there is a surge of ecstasy. But no irritability afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem:

Yes, we humans are designed to be channels for the divine, our true nature. Yet, we are so often inclined to try and put it in a bottle, which creates all sorts of challenges. Once the bottle breaks, we become a river of stability and love. As you know, there are many stages of breaking.

It's summed up nicely in the Rumi quote on the dedication page of the AYP Bhakti and Karma Yoga book:

“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting
to know reasons, knocking on a door.
It opens.
I have been knocking from the inside!”

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  08:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is so beautiful! At one point on my own spiritual path I have done the same thing, and the benefits are countless ways. Mostly it (to me)
it is love, where there are no strangers, and most all of one´s
fears and tribulations vanish.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  4:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The opportunity to do for others when the opportunity presents itself is a great gift to the giver. Grateful to be able to give.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  04:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All

What I have recently come to realize in the area of "giving it all away" is that this is the greatest energetic stimulator I have yet to encounter....personally it blows all other energy practices out of the water. What I have also found, is that "giving it all away" is energetically stimulating in a completely different way then "energy cultivation" practices....it is it's own self-pacing....meaning I don't seem to need to pace myself with "giving it all away". It seems that if we dedicate ourselves to "selfless service" (allowing ourselves to be conduits for the Divine flow of energy), no matter how much others seem to take from us, we are always full. It seems that only when we "hoard" the energy, when we say to ourselves "this energy is mine", that we become depleted of it. It is as though we tend to put ourselves in a "container" and say, this container holds "my energy".... but when we let go of trying to keep this energy for ourselves, and truly open up and allow everyone to take what they need from us, that the Divine flow really becomes active. And there doesn't (so far) seem (for me) to be a need to pace this.

Recently I had someone contact me out of nowhere looking to for a way to "deepen her practice". She was dissatisfied with "modern yoga" and was looking for something more, something deeper then what most yoga classes seem to offer. She somehow found my website and we began talking, and last night we went for coffee so I could give her a copy of DM, SBP, AMB and Real Love. I had really no idea what to expect, but this turned out to be one of the most beautiful connections I have had in a very very long time....probably since I stopped working with the homeless at the Drop-In Centre here. Just being present, with no agenda other then to allow the Divine flow through, seemed to open both of us up very much. I probably "gained" as much (if not much much more) from this encounter as she did.

I truly believe that "giving it all away" is one of the most powerful practices we could engage in. Living life with the intention of being a servant is very powerful.....and yes, this may be kinda "selfish" in that "I" gain just as much if not more then those being "helped", but it doesn't feel very selfish....it feels very right...very liberating and freeing.....no longer doing spiritual practice for our own sake, but for the sake of All.

I awoke this morning with the mantra "I am a conduit for the Divine" playing over and over in my head....it is my new motto for Life....I am here to serve, I am here to Love, I am here, period. May you all find what you are searching for, and may I be of service to you however you need me to be.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

That's beautiful Carson. Funny how those lovely connections happen "out of the blue"

A shift I've noticed from doing AYP is in the motives behind giving. I used to give out of a sense of obligation (or wanting to be liked), and often did so grudgingly. Then resented the person I gave to.

But now I don't even think about it. Giving and helping just feel natural, and there's no looking for something in return or a pat on the back. And I feel more free to say "no" when needed.

It's all very liberating

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  10:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reading this:

"“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting
to know reasons, knocking on a door.
It opens.
I have been knocking from the inside!”"

makes me smile...several months ago, I was dealing with a HUGE energy blockage around my heart, the physical and emotional pain was pretty harsh. During one of my energy work sessions, I asked my Guide to please open a door into my heart, to relieve the pain...the answer I got back was, "some doors only open in one direction" :)

The point was taken :)

Edited by - wigswest on Feb 10 2010 10:30:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  12:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What I have recently come to realize in the area of "giving it all away" is that this is the greatest energetic stimulator I have yet to encounter....personally it blows all other energy practices out of the water. What I have also found, is that "giving it all away" is energetically stimulating in a completely different way then "energy cultivation" practices....it is it's own self-pacing....meaning I don't seem to need to pace myself with "giving it all away". It seems that if we dedicate ourselves to "selfless service" (allowing ourselves to be conduits for the Divine flow of energy), no matter how much others seem to take from us, we are always full. It seems that only when we "hoard" the energy, when we say to ourselves "this energy is mine", that we become depleted of it. It is as though we tend to put ourselves in a "container" and say, this container holds "my energy".... but when we let go of trying to keep this energy for ourselves, and truly open up and allow everyone to take what they need from us, that the Divine flow really becomes active. And there doesn't (so far) seem (for me) to be a need to pace this.

Just being present, with no agenda other then to allow the Divine flow through, seemed to open both of us up very much. I probably "gained" as much (if not much much more) from this encounter as she did.

I truly believe that "giving it all away" is one of the most powerful practices we could engage in. Living life with the intention of being a servant is very powerful.....and yes, this may be kinda "selfish" in that "I" gain just as much if not more then those being "helped", but it doesn't feel very selfish....it feels very right...very liberating and freeing.....no longer doing spiritual practice for our own sake, but for the sake of All.

I awoke this morning with the mantra "I am a conduit for the Divine" playing over and over in my head....it is my new motto for Life....I am here to serve, I am here to Love, I am here, period. May you all find what you are searching for, and may I be of service to you however you need me to be.
One of the most meaningful and practical posts I have read on the forum. It's a bullseye, completely on the mark. A keynote and cornerstone of this one's sadhana also. In addition to AYP, having travelled the practice road of traditional yoga(s) including kriya, kundalini and taoist, there is a big difference in the energy workings and effects of self-directed yogic efforts, even when one stores excess energy in the navel area and does grounding vs a yoga practice that includes giving it all away.

The difference is distinct. The difference between a self-contained closed-loop system where energy overloads are more likely to accumulate and occur vs an open system that includes all and everything allowing the energy, love and light unlimited pathways to work. Furthermore, giving it all away, letting the love and light freely flow and radiate to everyone and everything changes the dynamics and effects of the process. Bypassing the limits of self-directed control, it encourages an opening of the heart and surrender providing greater access for Source which allows the divine creative intelligence and love that truly knows best to take charge. The underlying energetics change along with the nature of self-pacing. It also assists with dissolving the boundaries of one's limited personal self and realizing the divine in all.

So keep on being Self(ish) giving it all away and in this manner allow all separation to lovingly dissolve while helping-serving all-in-ALL. A heartfelt thank you to both Anthem and Carson for sharing this with others.

Silence, Love and Light,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Feb 20 2010 03:55:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  2:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve

In the 10 days since this shift in intention happened, there has been much opening here. Almost everything has changed. There has been a decrease in mind-activity to an exponential degree, an ability to rest in Silence almost all day long, and the energetic flow is like nothing that has ever been felt before. When writing, of which there has been a LOT lately (not much on the forum, but a lot in private emails etc), there is now a new ability to leave the mind out of it, and just allow "the flow" to take over, and in my personal relationships/friendships it has been noted (by others as well as by the self) that there is a loving, equanimity that has "taken over".... this practice of "giving it all away" or "doing everything in service of the Divine in All" has become the greatest and most powerful outpouring of Love that has ever been experienced here. And the energetic benefits have been off the charts. Since this happened, sleep has taken on a VERY weird character. I am awake, even while dreaming, yet the rest is deep and refreshing. Since this happened, the "deepness" of meditation, pranayam and samyama is like nothing I have ever experienced. The Silence is energetically palpable. Since this happened, situations that would normally have triggered strong emotional reactions trigger nothing but feelings of Pure Love. Since this happened food has become like an offering to Source. Since this happened the natural flow of Life has been noticed to a degree never experienced before. Since this happened there has been an outpouring of thankfulness/gratefulness to everything around. It is like there is a whole different Life being lived now. I can't say that this is something that was "planned" though. "I" did not decide that "from now on, all will be done in service to the Divine".....it just sort of happened, and is flowing through me, not from me. Now, there is a relaxation like nothing else. There is no tension in the body, nor the mind, nor the heart. Everything is just "flowing". It is perfect. Thank you for the kind words.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  8:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
quote:
In the 10 days since this shift in intention happened, there has been much opening here. Almost everything has changed. There has been a decrease in mind-activity to an exponential degree, an ability to rest in Silence almost all day long, and the energetic flow is like nothing that has ever been felt before. When writing, of which there has been a LOT lately (not much on the forum, but a lot in private emails etc), there is now a new ability to leave the mind out of it, and just allow "the flow" to take over, and in my personal relationships/friendships it has been noted (by others as well as by the self) that there is a loving, equanimity that has "taken over".... this practice of "giving it all away" or "doing everything in service of the Divine in All" has become the greatest and most powerful outpouring of Love that has ever been experienced here. And the energetic benefits have been off the charts. Since this happened, sleep has taken on a VERY weird character. I am awake, even while dreaming, yet the rest is deep and refreshing. Since this happened, the "deepness" of meditation, pranayam and samyama is like nothing I have ever experienced. The Silence is energetically palpable. Since this happened, situations that would normally have triggered strong emotional reactions trigger nothing but feelings of Pure Love. Since this happened food has become like an offering to Source. Since this happened the natural flow of Life has been noticed to a degree never experienced before. Since this happened there has been an outpouring of thankfulness/gratefulness to everything around. It is like there is a whole different Life being lived now. I can't say that this is something that was "planned" though. "I" did not decide that "from now on, all will be done in service to the Divine".....it just sort of happened, and is flowing through me, not from me. Now, there is a relaxation like nothing else. There is no tension in the body, nor the mind, nor the heart. Everything is just "flowing". It is perfect.
Your words beautifully describe the yoga of grace. A natural outgrowth of AYP practices that is available to all in every moment. May your post inspire others to choose Source completely. No effort required .

Much love to you and all hearts,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All

I had a wonderful experience last night in which the power of service was deeply felt, and in which I realized that "service" doesn't always have to involve another person directly, or even another person at all, so I wanted to share it since I haven't had time to participate on the forum much lately.

On Monday, my wife and I got possession of our new home. It requires a lot of work to make it more "livable" and I am trying to get the majority of that work done this week so that when we move in next Sunday, we are moving into a home that isn't "under renovation" and are instead moving directly into a "recently renovated" home. But, there is a LOT of work to be done, (repaint the entire house, pull up 3 bedrooms of old carpet and refinish the hardwood underneath, change all the electrical outlets from 2 prong to grounded 3 prong ones, and some other mostly minor renovations) and I still have to work 8 hours a day at my day job, so all the renos are being done in the evenings and during the night. Last night was the night dedicated to sanding down all the hardwood so tonight I can begin varnishing it. There are 3 rooms that needed to be done. The master bedroom, the baby's room, and the yoga room. I did them in that order. While doing the master room, there was the intention that this was being done in service for my wife. It was being done so that she would enjoy sleeping (etc ) in that room. This kept me energized despite how tired I was beginning to feel. The second room, the baby's new room, was done with the intention of service for the baby. The energetic benefits of this were very strong....I no longer felt tired at all, and was actually very awake and feeling full of energy. The love felt for the unborn child during the sanding of this room was so strong that even now as I type about it, it brings tears to my eyes. The third room, the room which I will be doing yoga and meditating in, was done with the intention of service to the Divine......that the effort being put into sanding the floors in this room, was being done in loving service for the Divine....the Divine in me, the Divine in my wife, the Divine in the child, the Divine in All of us.... This moved me to joyful, loving tears of appreciation the entire time I worked on the floor (my face was quite a mess from the dust sticking to the wet tears by the time I was done ). The energy and the blissful Love, the overflowing affection for everything, was enough to power me through until about 2am without feeling tired at all. I managed to make it home in time to get almost 4 hours of sleep before getting up this morning at about 6 to celebrate the Divine in All of us with pranayam and meditation. Today, I am not tired at all, although I "should" be, being on day 3 with only about 8 hours sleep total.

Just thought I would share a little, it was a beautiful experience/evening. Wishing All a Blissful day

Love!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing carson.You have inspire me a lot with this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000