Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 What is an energy blockage?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  7:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am trying to visualize a blockage in the nervous system. Does it have a physical component, for example some sort of calcified deposits that block the flow of impulses between nervous cells? The equivalent of clogged arteries, but relating to the nervous system?

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  12:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Physiologicaly? No freaking idea whatsoever. Nor does it matter.

Here's what it is: knots. Tied knots. Lots of them. And you are constantly tying more. You're like Gulliver, tied down tightly to the ground with tons of little pieces of string. And you're the one doing the tying and always have been.

Everything you grab at, every goal you attach to, every time you fall out of love with the world as it is in this moment and need to make things just right, you are tying a knot. And you've been doing it for a long time (the Hindus say thousands of lifetimes). So you are locked up absolutely tight. You have no idea how tight. If you practice diligently and the knots start to loosen a little, you'll feel nothing but compassion at the observation of an entire world of divine beings getting themselves more and more snagged and bound and imprisoned, all of their own volition. It's surreal.

Those reading along may believe they have an intuitive understanding of what I'm saying. I thought I understood it, too, for years. Then I got into a very diligent meditation practice, and actually experienced the loosening of the knots, and I know I knew nothing. For one thing, it's not a metaphor. But don't take my word for it...find out for yourself!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Dec 21 2005 12:14:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  12:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Jim. It's not just a poetic metaphor - there are specific knots that have specific names which have to be untied at at the various chakras. They shouldn't be thought of as 'blockages', as that implies a hindrance; indeed they are there to protect our nervous systems. Without them, too much energy or prana would flow into a system that hasn't been sufficiently purified, and from what I understand that can be pretty messy on an energetic level. If you're interested in reading more about it, do a search on 'granthis', or try 'three knots'.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  11:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I agree with Jim.......there are specific knots that have specific names which have to be untied at at the various chakras

Just to be clear, I'm definitely not saying there are knots that "have to be untied at various chakras." People could be confused by that into thinking they need to do learn about chakras and dive in and actually untie things. That's not the case. First, the ties are everywhere, not just in the chakras. Second, you don't need to understand anything about chakras or anything else. You don't have to untie things nor do you have to take any other internal action. You just need to meditate, do mantra, and follow the rest of AYP and the ties loosen of their own accord. They are not loosened by you. If you try to loosen them, you will only tie them tighter. They can only be loosened by practice.

You may disagree, which I'd respect. I just want to clarify about what *I'M* saying! :)
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not only do attachments or trauma cause blockages but also physical injuries do as well.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  12:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to be clear about what you're being clear about, I'm not suggesting that anyone try to untangle or dive. It's all done for you, free of charge, whether or not you're conscious of it or even believe it. I'm afraid that on this subject we may be in agreement.

m
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Meg, we're in total agreement fer sure!

Listen, I try to bear in mind that lots of people are reading along (and lots more may find these discussions later via search), and I can't assume that all of them will be aware of distinctions that you and I might take for granted (and which, if you and I had a private conversation, we'd likely shrug off).

I'm not trying to be contradictory or combative. I just want to be clear and not confuse anybody! :)
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  2:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS--I really liked this:

"it's all done for you, free of charge, whether or not you're conscious of it or even believe it."
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2005 :  3:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
>>I'm not trying to be contradictory or combative. I just want to be clear and not confuse anybody! :)

Thanks Jim. I got that. My response sounded more defensive than I intended. :( Damn pixels.

This is sort-of-kind-of related to the subject at hand: Do you(s) think that when we become conscious of a process that was formerly buried in our unconscious, that particular process begins to work more efficiently? In this specific case, does the person who becomes aware of blocks as knots begins to experience them shifting more quickly? This has been my case, but I may be an anomaly. While I don't think that we can do much of anything to help untie the knots, I'm wondering if bringing consciousness to them can bring significant movement.

meg
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2005 :  03:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly? I'm reluctant to think about it. As per your "done for you" comment, it's sort of like not thinking about how close to your ears the barber is with his sharp scissors. It's working and I leave it be.

Other stuff I don't leave be. I'm not sure why the diff. I leave that meta issue be, too! :)
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2005 :  8:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe consciousness often changes everything. From warming an area of the body it focuses on to processes once driven by reaction that we alter through observation.

If it isn't ourselves that untie the not, who is it?

What does an energy blockage feel like? Anyone have an experience with that? Also, what is the difference after you feel there has been a release or dissolution of that block?

This site is heaven sent. I have bored nearly everyone around me to tears talking about these things. And I am lucky to get a headnod, as opposed to some strange look or eye roll. I don't know a single soul in person who has been having similar experiences, just a few online. Its a shame that is so, but perhaps things will change within my lifetime.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000