AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Question about an experience....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  3:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My background is that I came to advaita/non-duality from a Christain background. Having been apart of the Christian world, what brought me to where I am now, was a bunch of internal mystical experiences and seeking whole heartedly Union with God.

Yes there were a few Christians authors of antiquity speaking of mystic techniques and practices to get this "Union", and after putting 2 and 2 together it led me here.

All said to come to this. I was at one time Baptized in water. 5 weeks after that, this Holy Spirit presence indwelled me over and over from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. It was like this higher consciousness being that was preset within me, showing me all the limitations and old ways that needed to die. Then the presence would slip out from the top of the head and remain in the same room floating about ...so much so that other people in my house began to notice this presence.

Years after that, I started experiencing kundalini rising as well as glimpses of Non-duality. Many in Yoga say that Kundalini/Shakti is the same as the Holy Spirit .....however I have not experienced this to be so.

Kundalini seems to rise up from somewhere on the bottom of the spine, whereas the Spirit was a descending presence that would come and go at will and others would sense it moving about.

So has anyone else here had this Spirit experience and knows what I am talking about?

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2009 :  4:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth
Years after that, I started experiencing kundalini rising as well as glimpses of Non-duality. Many in Yoga say that Kundalini/Shakti is the same as the Holy Spirit .....however I have not experienced this to be so.

Kundalini seems to rise up from somewhere on the bottom of the spine, whereas the Spirit was a descending presence that would come and go at will and others would sense it moving about.

So has anyone else here had this Spirit experience and knows what I am talking about?

Hi beetsmyth,
I saw the Holy Ghost at the Victory Christian Centre in Edmonton over 20 years ago. (I believe I wrote about that experience a while back on this forum). It looks like a ball of light with a pair of wings, all shiny transluscent white light. It shoots light beams at people's heads, and when it hits, the people end up with their own little wings on their heads. When the light beam hit the top of my head, I heard and felt a 'pop' and it felt like molasses were slowly pouring down in the inside of my head. Waves of something filled my body, from the top down. Then a voice said "You can speak in tongues".. I tried and could, but wondered what the value was.
I did not experience the Holy Ghost coming and going, mostly I can see it floating high in the distance in the other planes...
I believe that kundalini is not the Holy Ghost. From experience, I can see that they are two differing phenomenon.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  7:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a woman who wrote about her kundalini experience and explains the differences between the holy spirit and kundalini here: www.kundalini-gateway.org/aw...a_gloria.html

Edited by - BellaMente on Sep 26 2009 7:52:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  8:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey TI,
WOW!!! Thanks for this ...it is a great experiential story. What have others said to you about this when you brought it up previously on the forum?

What's funny is, most eastern spiritual paths mistakenly think that the Holy Spirit is the same as shakti/kundalini.

I think the goal is to have self realization, complete kundalini awakening and flowing, and the Holy Spirit indwelled.

That is when one becomes the living Trinity and then miracles can be done with ease.

When I was indwelled with the Spirit, I became psychic and saw through solid materials walls/skin/earth, could come out of the body, had transcendent love ...it was like spiritual powers were then available but at the same time there was such humbleness that they would never be used to show off, plus there was zero ego when the Spirit was there.

Thanks for your post!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  8:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heey Beetsmyth & All,

Here's a good overview from the Gnostic Christian Kabbalah view (one of the few paths I know of, that is both familiar with -- and acknowledges -- both Kundalini and the Holy Spirit).

Excerpt:

"the nature of the Initiation transcends the external forms that may be used to facilitate it, and may occur apart from anything external.

In essence, the True Initiation, represented by “baptism,” from a Gnostic perspective, is the reception of the Light from above and the awakening of the Serpent Power (called “Kundalini” in the East).

Thus, in the Holy Gospel we hear of a threefold baptism, of water, fire and Spirit; water represents the reception of the Light from above, fire represents the activation of the Serpent Power (“Fire Snake”), and the Spirit represents the potential state of Divine Illumination (Divine Gnosis) that may transpire when the Serpent Power is integrated, uplifted and redeemed (brought into repose or cessation)."

How familiar were these movements of consciousness to the ancient wisdom traditions?

(Specifically Kabbalah/Judaism, in this case.)

I don't know for sure .... though I do know that Hebrew has three (and only three) "mother letters" ....

Mem = Water
Shin = Fire
Aleph = Spirit

Also: maybe helpful to remember, as well: "as above, so below" ..... kundalini and holy spirit are just different names for the expanding of consciousness in awareness of-as itself .... from different perspectives (the bottom-up, or top-down movements begin to be recognized as cyclical ... then as whole .... then as entire).

Kundalini Shakti (Sanskrit) aka Shekinah (Hebrew) -- the Holy Spirit ... is the essential power we each and all are -- awakening who we each and all are out of the dream of frag-mentation .. into the reality of-as wholeness, now.

Heart Is Who We All Are (It's Good To Be AUM),

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 26 2009 10:21:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  9:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"PS" .. I did a search on Kundalini and Holy Spirit, from the search page at the Sophian Gnosticism forum (got something like 983 results ) .... and found this gem of a thread on Kundalini and the Holy Spirit.

Heart Is Where The AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Sep 26 2009 9:15:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2009 :  10:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth
What have others said to you about this when you brought it up previously on the forum?

Hi beetsmyth,
I love this forum and everyone in it. The response is always positive. It was a great experience for me, but not as great as when I met Jesus. Here is the link to both experiences (about half way down the posts in a response to Christi):
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3466

TI

quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

There is a woman who wrote about her kundalini experience and explains the differences between the holy spirit and kundalini here: www.kundalini-gateway.org/aw...a_gloria.html

Hi BellaMente, bonjour comment ca va? Buenos Dias.. :)
Thank you for that link. Nice to see something that conforms with my experience. :) I especially like this part:
quote:

The kundalini energies inside and the cosmic light stream from God as the Holy Spirit are meant to meet in the Heart Center so that God can bring his light and power into the world of matter to transform his creation.

Kundalini rises spontaneously while the Holy Spirit drops down through the top of the head. When the Christ frequency unites with the kundalini life-force the heart center is totally illuminated which draws the frequency of the Kundalini up and out through the top of the head at the crown chakra. This drastic increase in vibration balances and synchronizes all seven centers until a point of perfect balance is achieved. This is a major achievement on the road to enlightenment.

A bien tot, buenos noces, arrivaderci, om shanti,
merci beaucoups!
TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Sep 27 2009 12:15:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2009 :  10:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Grazie TI, e che bella esperienza che Lei aveva!

J'avais lit votre histoire l'autre jour...

Quantas lenguas habla usted?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  08:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BellaMente,
Thank you for your beautiful posts.

For the people who are not good with languages other than English, would it be possible to post English translations to the quotes you post? This way we wont feel left out. Much appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2009 :  2:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente
(translated for Shanti..:)

Hi :)
- Thank you, and what a beautiful experience that you had

- I read your story the other day

- How many languages do you speak?

I am fluent in English and French, speak some Spanish and studied German for a while.. I'm not as talented as you are, though :)

TI
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000