Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Is this kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2008 :  11:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi :)

This is what I practiced today while sitting at my computer. Yesterday, I noticed that when I squeeze somewhere at the base of my spine, I get waves of tingly energy coming up my spine all the way to the top of my head. I can voluntarily generate them. So, today, I practiced this:
1) Fixed gaze between eyes.
2) Tongue on roof of mouth
3) Squeeze the base of the spine.
Result: a tingly wave rises up my spine to the top of my head. I then direct it back down to the perineum along the front of the body. Repeat, same effect. I repeated this about 10 times. I also tried a variation where I would continually lightly squeeze the anus and perineum which would result in a continuous flow of the tingly energy. I practiced this for about an hour.

When it was time to come home, I used the elevator. There was a young female also waiting to use the elevator. When the elevator came, I motioned to the female to go first and smiled. She smiled back. We both entered the elevator. As I stood in the elevator, smiling, she smiled back. Here is the strange part. I started to get sexually excited. I could feel energy coming from my sex chakra going out to the female. And, I received a batch of tingly misty white energy back from the female on my chest. That tingly misty energy was about 8 inches and 3 or four inches wide after it hit my chest. I could see it as white mist as if someone had used a spray paint can on the region between my throat and heart. There was also a larger 1 1/2 foot wave of fine ether accompanying it. As I stood in the elevator, the flow of energy between us grew stonger. It was so wonderful but at the same time I was sort of shocked. We both kept smiling and then she got off the elevator.

Questions:
1) When I squeeze somewhere near my tail bone and I get tingly energy up my spine, is that kundalini energy?

2) Is it known that you can voluntarily keep generating these waves up the spine?

3) What was happening in the elevator? Was that 'distance sex'? I was not thinking of sex when it occured nor did I try to will anything. (Mind you, I didn't try to stop it either...) It appeared to be involuntary and just happened. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Can anyone please explain this to me? Am I going crazy?

Thank you.
:)
TI

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  05:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,
quote:
Questions:
1) When I squeeze somewhere near my tail bone and I get tingly energy up my spine, is that kundalini energy?

Yes.

quote:
2) Is it known that you can voluntarily keep generating these waves up the spine?

Yes again, it is a practice called ashvini mudra. Run a search on ashvini or asvini in the main lessons or here in the forum, it has been discussed quite a bit. Mulabandha does a similar thing, but produces a much more gentle sustained wave of prana up through the body.

quote:
3) What was happening in the elevator? Was that 'distance sex'? I was not thinking of sex when it occured nor did I try to will anything. (Mind you, I didn't try to stop it either...) It appeared to be involuntary and just happened. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Can anyone please explain this to me? Am I going crazy?

You are not going crazy. You are just becoming aware of chakra connections between two people. In this case a sexual connection and a loving connection. She will also have felt it, but she may not have seen the energies as clearly as you did.

On heart connections:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2412

On ecstatic radiance:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2096

Good luck!,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  8:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
Thank you very much for responding! For some reason, right now, I am overwhelmed with joy, tingles in my whole body and tears streaming out from eyes.
Your confirmation means much to me! I'm so happy right now.
Thank you Christi! And thank you for the links. Love to you!!!

quote:

On heart connections:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2412

This is such a wonderful topic. Thank you emc, shanti, nandhi and everyone else who posted on this topic. It has answered some questions that I had been thinking about last night.

I can still feel this connection with the person, long distance. I just focus on it or visualize her and the whole process starts up again. It is interesting to note that the energy going from my second chakra area feels different from what I get back to my heart chakra. The energy coming back, is like sticky tiny little snowflakes.

Yes, I have been practicing Reiki Tummo to channel divine energy and open the heart. I also have a Tibetan Ice rose quartz crystal which I charge in one of my pyramids, along with two rose quartz necklaces. This crystal has a face of a Tibetan in it. I've also experienced a bright white opening of the heart chakra when releasing 'love' during Samyama (My heart area had a bright white light round circle that opened up and white light shot out revealing a whole scene in front of me with what appeared to be people in robes standing in a gathering.) So, it figures that my heart chakra is open. This is all so wonderful.

I think I've cried now, had huge waves of tingles throughout my whole body for about an hour. I feel like a cloud of love! What a day! Oh, here it comes again..

Thank you everyone! I love you all
TI
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  05:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

quote:
Thank you very much for responding! For some reason, right now, I am overwhelmed with joy, tingles in my whole body and tears streaming out from eyes.
Your confirmation means much to me! I'm so happy right now.

You're welcome. Great to see you are having such good results.

quote:
Yes, I have been practicing Reiki Tummo to channel divine energy and open the heart.

I'm impressed. Actually the question I was going to ask was : How many of the reiki Tummo atunements have you done, and what has been your experience with it? But as I forgot to type the question, that's a pretty good answer!

The reason I ask is because when I saw the Reiki Tummo website I did think quitely to myself: "Are they really doing this?", and "can it possibly be safe?". Things like that, which many people must also be asking themselves.

I saw that after one weekend of attunements, the recipient has their entire sushumna cleared and purified of any knots, and their kundalini awakened and risen to the crown chakra. Is this right? My main concern was that people could be getting cleared before they are ready karmically to handle the energies involved, and the transformations that happen in consciousness, creating all sorts of difficult side effects and instabilities.

What do you think?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  8:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi
How many of the reiki Tummo atunements have you done, and what has been your experience with it? But as I forgot to type the question, that's a pretty good answer!

The reason I ask is because when I saw the Reiki Tummo website I did think quitely to myself: "Are they really doing this?", and "can it possibly be safe?". Things like that, which many people must also be asking themselves.

I saw that after one weekend of attunements, the recipient has their entire sushumna cleared and purified of any knots, and their kundalini awakened and risen to the crown chakra. Is this right? My main concern was that people could be getting cleared before they are ready karmically to handle the energies involved, and the transformations that happen in consciousness, creating all sorts of difficult side effects and instabilities.

What do you think?

Christi

Hi Christi,
I have never had any Reiki Tummo attunements but I believe in a top down approach where Divine Light can help dissolve karma, and I also believe that the heart is the center.
These are my three reasons:
1) I met Jesus in 1988. I had a friend that was very religious and she invited me to go to the Victory Christain Center to see what it was all about. I thought she was a Jesus freak most of my life (we were in the same grade at school). But this time I decided to check it out. I attended some services on Sunday and saw people doing strange things like raising their hands in the air and praying fervently.. Then, one Wednesday night, the group (my friend and some others) decided to attend a night prayer session and then go spreading the word downtown in Edmonton. I went to the night prayer session.
This time, I decided to try to contact Jesus. I raised my right hand into the air and thought "Praise Jesus. Please come to visit me". Well, a bright white light appeared in my mind's eye and it became brighter and bigger until I could see the face of Jesus. He was smiling at me! The face descended to about 10 feet in front of me and became the full blown figure of Jesus. He had golden light streaming out from his body. He was wearing red and white robes. His power was immense. I felt like he had all the power in the universe and that I was just little pin prick of light. I mean, I was awestruck by the power that Jesus has (or maybe God). I know that there is enough power there to create universes. Just unbelievable power.
Jesus said to me "You are saved.". After that I could not move as I sat in the bench. I had waves of energy pulsing from my head to my toes. I was totally frozen. I had tears streaming down my eyes. This lasted for about 40 minutes. Finally, it let up and I could move again.
Since then, whenever I ask for "Love and Protection from God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit" I get waves of pleasing tingles going through my body.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think this experience may have been some kind of attunement.

2)The following Sunday, I went to a service again with my friend at the Victory Christian Center. When I walked in the auditorium, I could see a ball of light in the upper left of the auditorium. It had two little wings of light, one on each side of it. It was shooting beams of light down at some of the people. After the beam of light touched the person, two little wings of light appeared on the person's head. The pastor started welcoming people and presented the topic for the sermon which was "The Holy Ghost". Was that the Holy Ghost that I was seeing?
In the middle of the sermon, everyone was to stand, hold hands and ask for a gift from the Holy Ghost. I participated. I held my friend's hand and her friend's hand on the other side. After a minute, I felt a tingle on the top of my head that sounded like a 'pop'. After that, it felt like someone had spilled honey or molasses on my head. I could feel this liquid slowly oozing down from the top of my head, down to my ears, lower jaws and to my throat. Then a voice said "You can now speak in tongues". So, I decided to try. It was like opening you mouth and sounds would come out but they weren't words I understood. Although, when I made the sounds, I could see a group of people standing in a lighted space in my mind's eye.
Was this an attunement?

3) About three months ago, using crystals, I practiced a kundalini chakra meditation which dissolved my crown into a pool of bright white liquid light which I then took down through my chakras to my root chakra. I kept the light just pouring in. It was very intense. My concentration was so intense that my back arched, breathing was almost non-existant and my spine stretched upwards. This awakened the snake and she started to rise. I just kept pouring in white light. Gradually the dark green snake got about 4 inches up the spine and it felt 100 times better than any orgasm I had ever had. I wanted so bad for the snake to keep rising to the crown. Slowly, it did rise. I was like a pillar of vibrating energy. The snake got to my crown chakra where it opened it's mouth wide and attached to the crown funnel-like pool of white liquid light at my crown. Meanwhile, I was watching this from about 3 feet back from my body. I let the snake feed for about 3 minutes and then I shut off the crown and the snake retreated back to the root. I was now back in my body and noticed that there was a tunnel of pastel rings up above my brow. I sat watching the tunnel for quite a while, tried to push myself through but no luck. After a while I quit looking up and brought my attention down to my heart area. That is when I saw a scene of 10 people (monks in brown robes) holding their hands upwards towards a cauldron with fire in it, that was floating in the air. The scene was so clear and sharp and I examined it for quite a while. It was like I was in another world. What this scene said to me is that there is something more in the heart chakra or lower body.

Since Jesus' message is "Love is the key", and the heart is the root of love, I have always tried to develop the heart chakra. When I read about Steve posts about Reiki Tummo, I went and bought Effendi's book and read it. It amazed me that the Tummo practice is very similar to the Kundalini meditation that I had been doing (number 3 as described above) but with a few variations. In Reiki Tummo, they take the snake out through the crown chakra to mix with divine energy above the head. The result is a shower of a mixture of divine energy and kundalini energy which then is absorbed back into the body, granting health, happiness and more energy.
I also did the Reiki Tummo grounding exercise and the earth (love her) shone her green light energy at me. It was wonderful. I also channel divine energy from above into the crown and through my hands. After doing this for a few days, the skin on my hands got moist and when I rubbed my palms together, the top layer of skin rolled up and fell off! Now the skin on the palms of my hands is very smooth. Channeling divine energy is so wonderful. You smile, surrender and relax, let divine energy flow into your head and through to your palms while focussing on your heart. There is no thinking, just intention. I sent this divine energy to Jesus last week, as an experiment (pointed my hands towards him) and I immediately received a strong flow of energy back, except this time it was large tingles and they went up and down my spine. I was kind of scared (not really), actually, because it was so localized in the spine area right down to the root. I shut that down after 3 minutes..

In my analysis, and after reading (yesterday) this book called "Kundalini - The flow of Eternal Power" , as taught by Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D by Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa", I've decided that perhaps it is true that very small amounts of the kundalini is always flowing through ida and pingala. I believe that even if you do clean out the sushumna, kundalini just doesn't all of a sudden start to rise through it. You either have to tempt her to rise with Shiva light, or by suspending your breath until you feel like you are going to suffocate and little balls of energy are released from your root and sex chakras, or by blocking the lower chakras as in Bhajan's Mul Bandh (root lock). This method consists of tightening the anus, sex organ and solar plexus all together, and holding your palms together above your head while foussing on the brow. When I do that, my head immediately gets hot and I sweat a lot so it does increase the kundalini energy to my head. But it is nothing like feeding the snake with Shiva light from an activated crown. The way to activate Shiva light is by activating your crown by focusing on it, meditating on it and making it rotate clockwise. When you activate your crown, divine energy pours into it from above. Or, as perhaps Yogi Bhajan might say, the pineal gland vibrates and secretes, causing radiance. The book also states "Imbalance in the area below the pineal gland upsets the pulsating radiance that regulates the pituitary gland. Since the pituitary gland regulates the rest of the glandular system, the entire body and mind go out of blance when the pineal is dormant." - page 106 Perhaps the problem with kundalini symptoms is that the pineal is dormant or not functioning as it should? Or perhaps there is no divine intervention or component to the development?

Some points about the Reiki Tummo teachings:
1) Kundalini will not flow much unless you have perfect posture. I agree because when I sit in perfect posture, the flames start to rise. Also, perfect posture makes it easy for vocal mantras or hissing breath's sound to carry up and stimulate the inside of the nasal cavity. Also, when you sit up perfectly straight, it is very easy to do the root lock.
2) Divine energy can clear blockages too! To me, it makes way more sense to clean the house out first using divine energy before inviting Shakti to come visit. Because, if she finds a mess, she will start housecleaning for you and perhaps she would rather be socializing with Shiva instead? This is the top down, then bottom up approach.
3) The heart is a big centre for me. I can see a hole universe in there. It is the bridge between the upper and lower chakras. The back of the heart chakra is also supposed to be the assemblage point (if you want to believe Castenada). If you use the heart to feel while gazing, the mind quiets down a lot. It is very hard to think when you are expressing or feeling heart chakra love.. In Reiki Tummo, the heart is the junction between divine energy and earth energy and it transmutes these two energies to build up the aura.
4) Although I continue with my mantra meditations and other practices, it is very refreshing to smile, relax, surrender, focus on the heart and let divine energy come through.

May divine light shine in you always! :)

TI

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  07:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

quote:
This time, I decided to try to contact Jesus. I raised my right hand into the air and thought "Praise Jesus. Please come to visit me". Well, a bright white light appeared in my mind's eye and it became brighter and bigger until I could see the face of Jesus. He was smiling at me! The face descended to about 10 feet in front of me and became the full blown figure of Jesus. He had golden light streaming out from his body. He was wearing red and white robes. His power was immense. I felt like he had all the power in the universe and that I was just little pin prick of light. I mean, I was awestruck by the power that Jesus has (or maybe God). I know that there is enough power there to create universes. Just unbelievable power.
Jesus said to me "You are saved.". After that I could not move as I sat in the bench. I had waves of energy pulsing from my head to my toes. I was totally frozen. I had tears streaming down my eyes. This lasted for about 40 minutes. Finally, it let up and I could move again.

How beautiful. I had a vision of Jesus in a dream once and it was almost exactly as you described.

quote:
)The following Sunday, I went to a service again with my friend at the Victory Christian Center. When I walked in the auditorium, I could see a ball of light in the upper left of the auditorium. It had two little wings of light, one on each side of it. It was shooting beams of light down at some of the people. After the beam of light touched the person, two little wings of light appeared on the person's head. The pastor started welcoming people and presented the topic for the sermon which was "The Holy Ghost". Was that the Holy Ghost that I was seeing?

I don't think that was the Holy Ghost, I think that was a little ball of light that could zap people. Great vision though! I have heard of similar things being seen around Amma (the hugging saint).

It is hard to know exactly what the Holy Ghost is. My best guess is that it is an English translation of the Hebrew word Shekinath, which is the power and light of God. All the first bibles were written in Hebrew, and later Greek translations were produced, and much later... English. The Greek for Holy Ghost would be Parakletos, and the Latin would be Espiritus Sanctus, which is why I prefer the term Holy Spirit. It gives less imagining of white sheets with holes in them. Interestingly, another meaning for espiritus is "wind", and prana (from Sanskrit) also means "wind". I secretly wonder if Espiritus Sanctus (the Holy Spirit) is what Hindus would call "Maha Shakti", also meaning "great Holy Spirit".

The Jews say that the Shekinath has two aspects, the lower and the higher. The lower shekinath is a force and light that moves from below, upwards, and the upper Shekinath is a force that moves from above, downwards. They also talk about the joining of the two. Sounds so much like the rising and descending Kundalini to me that I have to suppose that the Shekinath, when it acts through an evolving human, is what we would call kundalini.
I am not saying that the Holy Ghost is the Kundalini Shakti, but rather that the Holy Ghost is the Power and Light of God manifest in the Kosmos, and that in humans this takes the form of a dormant power of transformation which later (upon awakening) becomes an active power of transformation (kundalini).

quote:
After a minute, I felt a tingle on the top of my head that sounded like a 'pop'. After that, it felt like someone had spilled honey or molasses on my head. I could feel this liquid slowly oozing down from the top of my head, down to my ears, lower jaws and to my throat

Yes, prana rises up and out of the open crown and can fall around the head which gives a feeling of treacle dripping down. It is a bit eerie at first. It is usually reabsorbed around the level of the temple; the ears or it can fall down to the throat and be reabsorbed there.

quote:
When I do that, my head immediately gets hot and I sweat a lot so it does increase the kundalini energy to my head. But it is nothing like feeding the snake with Shiva light from an activated crown. The way to activate Shiva light is by activating your crown by focusing on it, meditating on it and making it rotate clockwise. When you activate your crown, divine energy pours into it from above.

Have you looked at the lessons in the AYP main lessons section which relate to avoiding a premature crown opening? If you haven't, it could be worth a read. Follow this link:

http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
and scroll down to "Crown opening: Avoiding premature" and follow the links there.

See especially lessons 201 and 287.

I am concerned that you have developed quite a maverick approach in your practices, and you seem to be using a lot of very powerful practices in a kind of "put together at home" fashion. It may well work, or you could be in for a very bumpy ride. Who knows? Can't be any harm in reading up on the subject first. I remember someone telling me once: "it's O.K. to go climbing without ropes, as long as you know you won't fall".

Best of luck,

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Feb 21 2008 10:25:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  11:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
Thank you for the information about the Holy Ghost. I didn't know all of that. I can see why the bottom up Holy Ghost might also be considered to be kundalini.

quote:
Originally posted by Christi
Yes, prana rises up and out of the open crown and can fall around the head which gives a feeling of trickle dripping down. It is a bit eerie at first. It is usually reabsorbed around the level of the temple; the ears or it can fall down to the throat and be reabsorbed there.

I should have mentioned, the oozing-like feeling of the liquid pouring down on my head was on the inside of my head, not the outside like you. I have a bump on the top of my head so my skull may be very thick there.

quote:

Have you looked at the lessons in the AYP main lessons section which relate to avoiding a premature crown opening?

Thank you! I appreciate your concern.
Yes, I have read all of Yogani's lessons and books (except his latest one). Don't think for a minute that I believe anything about a 'premature crown opening'. The crown is the connection to the higher spirit worlds and God. Crown before root or "sky kisses earth" is my motto. Divine energy, spirit, God, Divine Light come first. The only times I've had sensational kundalini experiences is by first activating the crown. Even without kundalini I've had wonderful experiences with the crown, that super bright liquid light. I love it.
Many other chakra/kundalini/yoga teachings don't say to stay away from the crown or leave it to last. Have you ever heard of someone opening their crown and then having bad experiences (who didn't have their kundalini active first)? Even in Taoism, for example in Charles Luk's book called "Taoist Yoga - Immortality and Alchemy", the whole point of the cosmic orbit is to push the circulating energy up through the crown. The crown is linked to Richard Burke's Cosmic Consciousness. Astral projectiong can be done by exiting the body through the crown. Perhaps not everyone is prepared for the higher experiences or want to deal with it and that is their perogative. For me, I say bring it on. Actually, when Gopi Krishna and one example in "Autobiography of a Yogi" describe the sensation of losing the breath and being swept up into a consciousness where their vision expanded and the texture and colors appeared non-ordinary, I sometimes wonder if maybe that was their third eye opening, because that is what third eye opening is like. It is like you have a super wide angle camera in scintilating color directly before your forehead.
If you can find other sources of teachings that espouse the dangers of premature crown opening I would love to read them.

That is my opinion and I am well aware that it is not the opinion of most of the practitioners on this site. Personally, I think it is too bad that Yogani has attributed his bad experiences with kundalini to the premature opening of the crown and has caused a lot of people to be afraid or at least cautious of premature opening. Perhaps Yogani is right in the case where kundalini is already active. Perhaps the additional energy of kundalini really takes the crown for a ride? I don't know because I was top down before I was bottoms up, and everyone's development may be different.

What I would like to know is whether or not Yogani has conquered the crown yet, and if so, what was the experience like. I would love to know.

All that being said, I have something else to discuss with you, Christi. I read some of your other posts today and I think you are amazing. I believe that you opening up beautifully I hope you will trust God to take you and your daughters safely all the way.

What I wanted to know is this. In your other post you stated that people sometimes get migraines when you are near. When you first responded to my post on this thread, on that night I had a dream. In the dream, I went floating into a reclining chair by a pool in a hotel. After a few minutes of lying in the reclining chair a lady walked up to me and layed next to me sideways on the same chair, leaning on her right arm. She had medium length black hair with some streaks of dark blue in a rounded hairdo, greyish eyes with a tinge of blue, no glasses and I think she had a dimple in her right cheek. She was wearing a black leather vest and black leather pants. The abdomen area was open and I could see bright blue fish netting was part of an undergarment. She was about 5 ft 7 in to 5 ft 8 in. I was very surprised by this dream and it struck me as if someone was visiting me in my dream. The dream was very clear and easy to remember.

Was that you? It occured to me that perhaps it was you who visited me in my dream, after reading about the migraine phenomenon.

Anyway, the next day I had a pain in the center of my head going towards the crown. I thought perhaps I had overdone bellows breath the day before. Then, later in the day, I noticed the vision in my left eye was strange. When I closed it, I could see a very bright white light in an irregular round shape. The light was the same as I had seen before in the middle of the night or when meditating in very deep trances. My eyes were not sensitive to light, which I think is supposed to be typical with a migraine. I never get migraines. So, now I'm thinking that it was not a migraine but some kind of clearing or opening.
Perhaps this is the same thing that is happening to people around you and they are just calling it a migraine for lack of a better term? Do you think it was you in my dream? Was it you who caused the pain in my head and the light to appear in my left eye? If so, I thank you for the clearing. Come and visit me anytime in my dreams and give me a clearing. I'm sure you're accelerating my progress.

If that was you, then hopefully I've given you a new perspective of your potential and we've both learned something. If that was not you in my dream, I apologize for the time it took to read this and the additional neurons that fired in your brain because of what I have written.

Smiling from the heart opens the crown.

TI

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  1:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  1:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI:

Just to clarify, addressing the crown is not completely avoided in the AYP approach. It is only delayed in focus until the nervous system has been purified and opened enough to support the large body-wide energy flows associated with crown opening. The crown is addressed in a more gradual way. It isn't about the crown so much. It is about attending to the rest of the neurobiology, during which the crown will participate naturally in a balanced way.

This is especially relevant in the natural development of sambhavi mudra to broader scope with the awakening and advancement of ecstatic conductivity, which includes the crown.

The main lessons contain testing procedures and methods for addressing the crown. And Cosmic Samyama (from the Samyama book) utilizes the crown in a balanced way in relation to our cosmic unfoldment.

The over all plan is for progressive and smooth development for as many people as possible. Otherwise, who will want to bother with it?

The Gopi Krishna story is the classic account of the extremes of a premature crown opening. It is pretty old news these days, but still relevant, as many have found, including quite a few in these forums who have taken measures to avoid the excesses that can occur.

Not sure what you mean by crown opening being a possible hazard if kundalini is already active, and not so much before. A premature crown opening and a premature kundalini awakening are essentially the same thing, so to court one is to court the other. In the case of intensive crown practices, there can be delayed reactions that can take a long time to unwind while the rest of the nervous system catches up. Self-pacing in real time with crown practices is difficult, because of the long delays between cause and effect that can occur.

This is why intense crown practices are not recommended in AYP, certainly not in the beginning. Sooner or later that will lead to trouble if not preceded and balanced with other practices providing for whole body purification and opening.

So, while you may be having a good time with the crown now without a full blown kundalini awaking in play, you will not likely be having a good time further down the road, unless you are attending to the rest of your neurobiology.

I realize that many traditions take the top down approach, and perhaps they provide the necessary prerequisite practices to avoid the potential difficulties. But I must say, we have seen quite a few refugees from top down schools here seeking help for kundalini overloads. Many schools seem happy to get people started down this road, but few seem willing to provide the resources to clean up the messes that can result.

It isn't about me. It is about everyone else, and what can be done to provide a progressive and safe path for the greatest number of people. What may seem like the quickest and most direct route now can turn out to be a very slow and difficult route if the potential excesses are ignored.

So, while no one should be fearful of their own awakening, everyone should be aware of the logical steps involved to make it as smooth and enjoyable as possible. It is like learning to drive a car. There are good ways to go about it, and not so good ways. AYP does not claim to be perfect in this. But we are doing our best, including attending to accidents when they occur. The goal is to limit mishaps to minor fender-benders, while avoiding the all out disasters. It's the least we can do, and I think the record speaks for itself.

Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000