New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  5:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

I apologize. AYP is very important, because of kechari mudra which you brought out of the shadows into the light of day. Kechari mudra is a big deal, and is directly related to kundalini, according to James Mallinson's khecarividya book.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Sep 12 2009 6:54:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  6:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is important for a LOT more reasons then just bringing the practice of Kechari Mudra into an open source format!!!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

Yogani,

I apologize. AYP is very important, because of kechari mudra which you brought out of the shadows into the light of day. Kechari mudra is a big deal, and is directly related to kundalini, according to James Mallinson's kecharividya book.

Hi Alwayson:

Not a problem. We just have to make sure to keep our eye on the ball here, or we could lose it. It happens.

Somewhere you made a comment that you feel kundalini is not about the genitals. That is essentially correct. Kundalini is about the vast pranic storehouse within the pelvic region. The genitals are on one side of that and the rest of the neurobiology is on the other side. So there is that connection, the vast storehouse of prana that both reproductive sex and spiritual evolution draw upon. The energy dynamic may be experienced going all the way from one end to the other, or not. Hence the possibility for occasional sexual arousal during "non-sexual" spiritual practices like deep meditation.

When the energy is felt moving in the genitals, it is erotic. When it is felt moving in the higher neurobiology it is ecstatic. Kechari is related to the latter, though it may also be erotic in the beginning due to the aforementioned connection. Pranayama, kumbhaka, asanas, mudras, bandhas, and tantric sexual methods (when genitals are engaged), are all for cultivating the higher manifestation of the pranic energy (kundalini) originating in the pelvic region. None of these practices stand alone. The key is a practical and effective integration. The whole of the resulting cause and effect is far greater than the sum of the parts.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  7:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Kundalini is about the vast pranic storehouse within the pelvic region.

Yes, this is my point of view also

From my limited point of view, kundalini has to do with the perineum, the hip joints, pelvis, and a little bit of the tailbone.

Perineum is the center of all this. Subnavel area also plays a role.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Sep 12 2009 7:55:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  9:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... This is going well.

So when I meditate, I feel the kundalini spontaneously rise through the central channel, and a powerful sense of love. But I don't call it ecstatic, Yogani. It feels a lot more like deep empathy in a powerful way.

When I release that feeling, my awareness blends into everything and I basically feel my kunda diffuse everywhere, into a sphere all around. And everything seems to be happening within that sphere.

Ecstasy is so strong. What I feel when the diffusion happens is more like "aaahhhh..., so wonderful." Whenever I feel ecstatic, I feel like the feeling is too strong, and I want it to burst already or subside a bit.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Sep 12 2009 9:23:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  9:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds wonderful Osel.....

Onward!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  11:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje

Wow... This is going well.

So when I meditate, I feel the kundalini spontaneously rise through the central channel, and a powerful sense of love. But I don't call it ecstatic, Yogani. It feels a lot more like deep empathy in a powerful way.

When I release that feeling, my awareness blends into everything and I basically feel my kunda diffuse everywhere, into a sphere all around. And everything seems to be happening within that sphere.

Ecstasy is so strong. What I feel when the diffusion happens is more like "aaahhhh..., so wonderful." Whenever I feel ecstatic, I feel like the feeling is too strong, and I want it to burst already or subside a bit.

Hi Osel:

Good stuff.

It can be called many things. The more refined it gets, the more it equates to outpouring divine love, expanding emptiness, stillness in motion, unity. This is the blending of ecstasy and abiding inner silence.

In its more raw forms, what we call ecstasy is a symptom of energy passing through inner obstructions. It can be pleasurable, intense like ero-ecstatic. Or if we have overdone in practices, recently or in the past, it can be uncomfortable -- the classic kundalini symptoms. It is all energy, moving in relation to our process of inner purification and opening.

As the obstructions clear away through practices over time, the energy refines and becomes those qualities of love, expansion, wholeness... The dynamic aspect (energy) serves as the vehicle for the stillness aspect, enabling divine expression in the world, which is the same as the expression of unending compassion in the Buddhist sense.

One nervous system, one evolutionary outcome. Many angles on how it comes about, with first-hand experience being the final arbiter of the process. The greatest scripture is in us.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  12:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That does sound good too! Great descriptions.

quote:

---Fantastic
I can relate to this........ from past experience -' too strong'-- yesss,Osel, sounds nice....On the button ( sorry, that's a poker term,metaphor)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh--- coupled with more inner silence.... a marriage made in heaven....for the Gods,too... the destiny of All of Us.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 13 2009 03:13:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  03:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all,

this topic turned out to be really sweetttt, thk you Yogani for the beautiful contributions and for clearing out Ananda Junior's role in this whole thing

beautiful contribution Osel, i experience kundalini the way you mentioned when i practice samyama which i am able to practice now without any overloading symptoms thankfully.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember sitting in siddhasana for the first time after alot of intensive pratices....and i thought steady on, - the currents flowing were strong... the force was strong. It was like full body orgasms for the duration meditaitng in PBC in siddhasana-i was surpirsed how erotic it was, with the heel touching the perineum(i was doing some pretty aggressive tantra & asana) and the currents coursing upwards( a fountain of ecstasy ,yes) and throughout in other directions

Then when i finished my practice i'm standing in my kitchen and my tongue wanders about the roof of my mouth and i knew noting about kechari mudra (or the ecstatic short-circuit switch found there) and i'm not a woman but i felt like i had discovered a yoni in my mouth,yes, right at the roof, the upper soft palate.....weeeird!!!- better leave that place alone- like a kind of second adolescence--one for later

I'm not kidding you -it felt like a yoni, like i had a yoni i could say ( i was imagining how a yoni might feel) right there, in my own mouth, of all places......and as the tongue explored this region, curling around itself, and caressing the delicate fold ,at the roof, the soft palate.....it was like a micrcosm and macrocosm of cosmic union, at another end, so to speak.well, you've got the idea.
I felt satiaated,,complete,whole,united.... not dependent- on the other.I/It felt very liberating and theenergies were higher up; they did not dominate the pelvic region- they freed rather than enslaved as they can so often do( especially in modern societieis filled with that kind of neurosis- i mean sexual neurosis- i must check out 'from sex to superconsciousness' by osho- see what he has to say about this whole subject)

now there's something to tell your grandkids.

i felt like an explorer... of the inner world.

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 13 2009 10:05:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2009 :  12:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol on the second adolescence.

That got me thinking. It must be even weirder for women!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000