AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Your Blessings!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  02:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello awakened ones of the past present and future :)

I feel glad to be here.

My name is Mani and I am from India. Age 30, male, doing meditation/sadhana from last 2-3 years.

I am at the stage where I do automatic yoga, making almost all the yoga postures that yogis do. I also meditate and ONLY during meditation I realise that I was asleep what we normally call 'awake' in life. We are born asleep and die asleep...

But I don't want to die asleep!

Today, a few minutes after meditation when I felt centred, the question "Who am I?" arose. The query was so strong that I wanted to rather die than not getting the answer.

The energy began rising to the top beyond my control and I made a loud cry. There was no answer :(

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2009 :  04:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Manig

There is no answer. If you have an answer, on the jnana path, it is the wrong one. It is the quality of this no-answer which answers your deepest desire. Live in and as the no-answer. When Bodidharma, founder of Zen, was asked who he was, he said "I have no idea."

No-answer is the answer. It is infinitely more profound than such an intuition feels on first acquaintance. You have what you seek. :)

chinna
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  02:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Chinna

After meditation, when I get up, my body walks around in the room for a while and I just watch. It happens after every sitting. Its like being in the 'super normal' state like Yogani says.

Today, after meditation, when I was walking around, I had the urge to say something, but I didn't know what to say?

Then I uttered a loud and long OM!!

The breath was rising and coming from the belly and blowing out from the mouth saying OM!!

Sometimes long, sometimes short with repetition and in the end just dissolving/buzzing in the throat.

It was happening automatically, I was just watching and walking around.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  09:42:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Manig,
Welcome to the forum.

What you are experiencing is the witness state.
It's beautiful.
Just keep going. Good things are happening.

If you have not done so already, look up Yogani's lessons on Self Inquiry, starting from
Lesson 321 - An Inquiry about Ending Suffering to lesson 357, maybe you will get a better picture of what is going on.

Wish you the best in your chosen path.
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  11:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Manig

That's great. As Shanti says, this is the witness state. And yes, automatic phenomena do happen before it settles down and becomes your customary perspective. Believe it or not, this witnessing will become your normal conscious state. And then you can consider what it would be to go beyond even that.....and when the answer to that enquiry is realised, all enquiry ceases.....you will have realised THAT which you are, beyond any limited point of view, beyond question.

warmest wishes

chinna

Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  03:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow... thanks Shanti and Chinna!

I have no real master but now I can see why technology is spreading so fast.

"this witnessing will become your normal conscious state." Wow... I can not imagine how it would feel. It seems VERY difficult to remain in the witnessing state all the time, with the family, at work and all... but it would certainly be amazing if that happens!

Come to think of it... how would I sleep in that state? Seems impossible... or maybe time will tell.

I am reading through those chapters by Yogani now.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  02:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today for the first time, during meditation, Mani was falling back and the Witness that remained behind the scenes all the time was coming forward.

It was like the Mani that was born 30 years ago was dissolving and some new Mani was being born in me... the REAL one... much aware and much stronger.

I did yoga afterwards and really enjoyed it for the first time. Wow... thanks everyone!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000