Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 'milking the tongue' and 'tooled talavya'
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2005 :  5:25:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Meg,

I've done an experiment and I have become very convinced that 'milking the tongue' is very helpful and particularly important when you do rapid-snipping like this.

This contrasts to the normal slower-clipping regime, when it might be less important.

What I did was do a tooled-talavya cutting one week and did not 'milk the tongue'. I compared the result to the result when I did do milking the tongue, and in both cases I allowed the same amount of healing time (one week).

More or less as I expected, the tooled-talavya cut after the milking the tongue was much better; the fibers had come to the surface and were densely packed near it, with very few capilliaries. There were more fibers cut for a given depth, and less blood.

There's yet another reason to milk the tongue if doing 'tooled talavya' ; if you are milking your tongue regularly, when you pull your tongue out hard for tooled talavya, the frenum will get harder (and easier to cut) if the tongue is already at the 'frenum limit', where it will be if milking the tongue is being done regularly.

If you are not doing or have not done 'milking the tongue', the tongue muscles themselves will be part of what limits the tongue, and the frenum will not come up as hard and strong when you pull the tongue. Therefore it might be harder to cut.

I do one minute of milking the tongue each morning. That's 100 pulls. It seems to be plenty. I use a cotton handkercheif to grab the tongue with.

Regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Nov 29 2005 10:40:26 AM

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2005 :  10:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, David. I'll try this and report back--

meg
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  04:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thats really good information!

So I will start again with milking.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000