Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari and air movement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2009 :  6:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wondering if anyone else is finding that kechari seems to trigger upward movement of air.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2009 :  10:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do you mean a spontaneous gentle inhalation and mild suspension of breath?
Yes, i feel that from kechari
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  11:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, what i mean is more like bloating. After i've been in kechari for a while, apana start moving up towards the stomach. I have to release kechari to let out some gas through the mouth.

For a few hours after i am terribly bloated and keep having to belch. Eventually its starts moving downward again and have a bit of gas. But while it is moving upward, it is very uncomfortable- the bloated feeling.

At first i didnt think much of it. But then i realised that this upward movement of air seemed to be trigged by kechari. I even tested stopping kechari for a week - and everything was fine. But the day i started resuming kechari, sure enough upward movement of air and bloating started up again.

Thats why i was wondering if others were also getting this?

I would assume that upward movement would go up the spine, not up the front?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  11:44:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a topic that may help:
kechari and "prana belly"
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  11:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Air moving in a strange way ends up being a very bad thing. Self pace!

Yogani says the same thing in the topic Shanti linked:

quote:
In fact, an excessively swelling belly or undue pressure anywhere inside is usually a signal to, you guessed it, self-pace our practices.

My own experience is this...I thought I could practice kechari like a spiritual hero, just do it a lot of the time. Well I was taking a plane ride, and doing meditation in kechari, and I had what seemed like a heart attack. Luckily as you can tell I didn't die, but it was kind of alarming! Two years later and it seems I have finally cleared out that energetic issue, and healed.

Our bodies need to be coaxed gradually with these types of practices, not shoved. Also, there is a right time and a wrong time to add in kechari. It seems to me that when it messes with your digestion, it's too early to be practicing...just my humble opinion.

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  2:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for all your replies.

Yes, I too was like that - trying to pratice kechari like there was no tomorrow.

In fact, i notice that it's if i do it for extended amount of time that that is when i start getting bloated. So you are right, perhaps i need to pace.

I am starting to get back to my practice after a (too long) absence. I have to realise I can't start back where i left off. I should go back to the begining and work my way back up slowly.
Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  04:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good idea, y. Work back into it.

I find no problems when I mostly do kechari during spinal breathing, yoni mudra, subtle breath kriyas, and meditation. But one thing I like to do that helps spare me any body effects is, I skip breakfast, and practice around noon-1pm, So I'm really empty down there, and can do vajroli/sahajoli mudra and uddiyana bandha well. I always wait at least three hours after eating to practice, at any time of day.

Edited by - paw on Aug 20 2009 10:43:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000