New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  10:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But the REALLY sharp pain (when I pull it hard) under my tongue indicates that it's more frenum-limited.

You're welcome, Alvin. Yes, you are probably more frenum-limited. Three minutes a day for a month did stretch the muscle adequately for me; it will be an interesting experiment for you to try it. These kinds of times do produce good results in stretching muscles, as we know from stretching in hatha yoga. But it won't give you much length if you are heavily frenum-limited. But worth a try even if only to check the results.

Yes, it's best to grasp with as much surface area as you can.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Oct 11 2006 11:02:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David and other Kechari practioners,

Now I'm a bit confused, and frustrated. I had been pulling and milking and snipping all these 10 days or so. But still no improvement whatsoever. (again gaining some length right after snipping, but healed just after a few days....)

The biggest problem lies on snipping, still. I've come to a point where all the limiting connective tissues are under the surface. And when I reach there, they're extremely painful to snip. To ensure that I'm not cutting my tongue, I pull my tongue tight with my left hand and let those tissues come taut (and thus somehow away from the tongue) But they're still painful to snip that I refrain from cutting more than a tiny bit. I think there are many nerves around those tissues.

Did you, David (or anyone else), experienced this during the days of aggressive snipping? I'm willing to withstand pain that I'm considering taking a breath and then cut through them all despite the pain. Just refrain from doing so because the pain seems to warning me. Do you guys think it's safe to cut through those tissues (other than an obvious risk of infection)?

Alvin
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think cutting your tongue apart is going to make things easier. You have to be patient with the process. The more you relax, the further your tongue will be able to reach. You say that it's painful to snip...maybe you should actually be snipping less than you already are.

Just my two cents. I hope you don't damage yourself.
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  12:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alvin,
I agree with Scott. If it is painful, you are probably snipping too often. Take it slow, it takes some time.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  12:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yes Alvin, please take it easy. It's not pleasant to further pain. Perhaps taking it slower would help. Stage one produces conductivity. Be at peace with where you are right now.

Alan

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2006 :  3:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin:

You are getting the right advice -- time to slow down and take it easy.

You know, as I look back, significant progress with kechari in my case was measured in decades, not even years, and certainly not in months or weeks. I was on the path 15 years before there was enough ecstatic conductivity occurring to send me in the direction of kechari. And it has been a couple of decades of gradual development since then. The point is, this is a long term gig, not an overnight event.

On the other hand, times are changing, and I think everyone is on a much faster track now. It is obvious around here, isn't it? That is great! But there are limits in everything. We'd like to be on the leading edge, not necessarily the bleeding edge. If kechari snipping is done prudently there will be practically no pain and no blood. If there is much of either, it is a clear signal to self-pace the whole thing. The limiting tendon will present itself when it is time to take the next easy step forward.

I suggest healing up and waiting at least a few months before pressing kechari. Give inner silence and the inner energies a chance to stabilize and mingle, and all will become clear.

Sometimes we need to self-pace our bhakti to balance progress with safety. Kechari stage 1 is a powerful practice also, warranting self-pacing sometimes as well.

Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  12:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replys. I just want to reach stage 2 first, so that I can maintain Kechari without any muscular effort. But my body seems to be holding me back in my progress. I'll give it some time before I proceed further.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2006 :  10:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin:

Check here for my most recent suggestions: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1649

Don't sweat it too much. You have plenty of time.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000