Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Hanuman Chalisa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  10:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

A little while back, in another thread, I mentioned chanting the Hanuman Chalisa at a sound check with Krishna Das, at a kirtan retreat at Kripalu ( Well-known yoga retreat center -- http://www.kripalu.org/ ).

The Hanuman Chalisa has been in the Top 40 of Yogic devotional chants since at least the mid-1600s, common era.

The is per the fact that a Chalisa is always, per its yogic, poetic and mantric structure, exactly 40 verses in length.

And so, ultimately, chanting the Hanuman Chalisa is chanting forty verses of essentially *non*-repeating mantra, composed in sixteenth century Hindi.

Is this easy?

Memorizing 40 verses in sixteenth century Hindi isn't easy for people who speak Hindi!

I don't speak Hindi.

Extremely.

However, I do chant the Chalisa ... decently and samadhically enough that I got a raised eyebrow (the good kind) and a smirk (ditto), along with an appreciative nod outta Krishna Das (we were the only two people chant-singing).

This isn't a "Kirtanman Does Good" story, however ..... it's a "yogis and yoginis devoted to God/Enlightenment have been chanting forty verses in sixteenth century Hindi in praise of a Monkey God who appears to be the offspring of a super-hero ... and a monkey ... and have been chanting these forty verses for a reason .... a reason that relates very directly to the neuro-spiritual reality of all human body-minds" story.

If you're unfamiliar with Hinduism, and you see a group of people chanting to an image of a monkey-god, in samadhi, with tears streaming down their cheeks ..... you might wonder a bit about the yogic efficacy of such a practice, yes?

I did.

I went from "How can people *do* that??"

To "Hmm .... Neem Karoli Baba's big into Hanuman ... and Neem Karoli Baba's pretty clearly realized .... *Hm*."

To "Cool. Inspirational. Must be nice for people capable of learning forty verses of sixteenth century Hindi."

To "Krishna Das just put out a Hanuman Chalisa CD? Why the heck not ....!"

To "Wow ... I'm actually *getting* it ... it's not hard ... you just memorize with your heart ... not your mind ....!"

To "Wow, this is awesome - Jai Hanuman!"

So ... this has all gotta go a bit deeper than singing to a monkey-god statue, yes?

Oh, Yes.

"When I don't know who I am, I serve you; when I know who I am, I am you."
~Hanuman, bowing before his beloved Lord Rama and Lady Sita

Neem Karoli Baba said that Hanuman is the "same as Christ."

When I first read that statement, I had NO idea what Sri Neem Karoli meant.

I still have no idea.

Now, I know.

Hanuman and Christ are the "breath of God" .... the expression of clarified mind -- pure, clear awareness, free of limited ego-thoughts ... and shining-reflecting the pure light of whole-iness, as the outpouring of divine loving, in and as reality.

Jesus Christ is depicted as loving - all the way.

Hanuman is depicted as loving - all the way.

Why?

Because loving, all the way .... lights the way home ... until suddenly one day ... instead of following the path made clear by loving ... we're lighting the path with-as loving .... and saying, with Hanuman:

"When I don't know who I am, I serve you; when I know who I am, I am you."

The trick is this:

You can't love-serve with your thinking mind.

You can't love-serve with your emotions.

You can't even love-serve with your heart.

You love-serve with your life - your actual living now - unbound from the thought-shackles of the thought-me's thinking dreams.

The craziest thing about all these mystical, magical fantastical symbols and stories ... is that they point the way home to this that is REAL ... in ways that are not eroded by the ego's distortions over time.

It's so simple, really.

When in doubt, Love.

When not in doubt, Love.

Love enough to leggo the ego ....

... and before you know it .... indeed, before you *can* know it ...

You're all the way Here, all the way Home, all the way Loving, all the way AUM.

All it costs is everything you think you are .... and it's not hard ...... you were literally born for this.

And it all gets a lot easier when you realize: you were born for this .... and ONLY THIS.

Aaaand ... if you're curious what chanting the Hanuman Chalisa with Krishna Das is like .... it's a lot like THIS:

Video: Krishna Das Chanting The Hanuman Chalisa

Aaaaand .... if all this is a bit to *serious* for you ... check out the ... lighter side of Hanuman and the epic of the Ramayana ... The Ring Song ... by Krishna Das.

... though, if you listen closely .... it has some deep stuff; "all the way" deep.

Aaaaand ... finally ... ... a studio version of the Hanuman Chalisa, with very clear, stately singing by Krishna Das ... this version, along with the lyrics .. can help you learn it, if you want to.

Or, can be enjoyable to listen to .... if you want to hear what a bhakt' n' roll yogi from Long Island, NY - who has been chanting forty verses in praise of Hanuman for over thirty years, and whose devotion for, from and as his guru - and the deities of his highest awareness - sounds like - the "spirit" of the Hanuman Chalisa ... being chanted with ultimate devotion, by millions of people for hundreds of years ... shines through the version linked above. Gloriously.

Sri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 30 2009 10:46:23 PM

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  10:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
not too serious-

I started to listen to the krishna das chalisa, but then found this one that sounded better and with the words.

I enjoy music and chanting.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  10:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsK...ture=related
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  11:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsK...ture=related

Thanks, Sage!

And all -- musically, it's definitely a matter of taste ... the version Sage posted is much more Indian in style and sound .... Krishna Das' stuff is much more American-ized/American-style.

The devotion is there in both (it's unlikely someone would record a version of the Hanuman Chalisa if they didn't have the devotion!), to be sure.

If you are "customized to", and/or prefer American/Western-style music ... you may prefer Krishna Das - if you are "customized to", and/or prefer Indian-style music (and/or accents!) ... you may prefer the version Sage posted.

I'm listening to Sage's version, as I write this .... I actually do really like it, too! <- It took me a couple of minutes' ... but I'm into it!

Especially the sitar (?) -- some metal-stringed instruments; metal strings really *do* have a positive effect on unitive awareness.

It's really quite amazing, when you realize the millenia, literally, of R&D (Research & Development, Revelation & Distribution, or Rishis & Devis, depending on who/what you're talking and/or chanting about ....) that must have gone on, in order to develop a science of harmonics, mantra, structure and sound that is as rich and yogically beneficial, as all classical Indian music is!

Intending Kriya-ting the Chants for One Self,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  11:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay .... "full disclosure time" ....

*THIS* (link below) is my favorite version of the Hanuman Chalisa! (I actually forgot this video was available, for a minute or two! )

I've chanted this with Girish (the guy singing) on multiple occasions, in both California & Georgia (complete with Kirtanmaniacal ad-lib bija-mantras and Sanskritical rap) .... it was fun trying to compare notes with Girish afterwards when both of us were almost too "Samadhically Inclined" to talk!

The video is mistitled (the song's title is Hanuman .... not Sita Ram) ... and, it's Girish's song, not Donna Delory's .... though Donna is the female vocalist sitting/singing next to him (she's best known as one of Madonna's singer-dancers ... and as one of America's favorite kirtan artists).

VIDEO: Hanuman By Girish

Sri Ram Jai Jai Ram,

Kirtanman

PS- Mahatma Gandhi referred to the mantra Sri Ram Jai Jai Ram as "the bridge across"; and he apparently meant it -- when he was assassinated .... with his dying breath, he said, "He' Ram".

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 30 2009 11:22:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kirtanman and Sage!!!

Kirtanman, I really liked the studio version of the Hanuman Chalisa (Krishna Das), it's really awesome..

Thanks,

Love,

Yonatan

Edited by - Yonatan on Jul 01 2009 08:24:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  9:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hanuman Chalisa Tutorial Video

If you *are* interested in learning the Hanuman Chalisa ... fortunately, somebody happened to post a video on YouTube (linked above) ... with the studio version of the Hanuman Chalisa by Krishna Das .... along with the lyrics scrolling *as* the song plays!

It was only posted 2 days ago!

Convenient universe we live in, when we let it be.

The diacritics (accent-mark thingies) are *much* better than the set of lyrics I posted last night, by the way.

Tips for Native English Speakers:

Pronounce *every* letter .... native english speakers tend to perceive "h"'s as silent (for instance: Lakhana is prounced Lak-hana .... not Lak-ana).

Pronounce the "d"s between an English "d" and a "th" ... touch the tip of your tongue immediately above your top teeth, at the front of your mouth ... a "Da" sound would sound more like "the", than "Da" in English .. Durga sounds like Thurga ... with the Th from "the".

If there's a horizontal line over a vowel, it's a long vowel ... just as in English, but the sounds ... especially the "a"s, are different.

The short "a" is pronounced like the "u" in put, cut, but, etc. -- and so, Raama is "Rah-muh", not "Rah-mah".

The long "a" is pronounced like the a in father.

Here's a link to a Sanskrit (Hindi has the same pronunciation) pronunciation guide, if you really want to dive in:

Sanskrit/Hindi Pronunciation Guide

And when in doubt ... go with Krishna Das' voice, rather than the printed/visual lyrics.

And finally ... like any mantra ... give yourself time ... I usually chanted the Hanuman Chalisa a time or few per day ... as often as I felt like it ... if I missed a day, I didn't worry (I probably didn't *notice*) ... and I spent a lot of time chanting enthusiastically in utterly fake pseudo-Hindi, as my brain tried to remember the lyrics .... because I usually chanted it while driving ... not a great time to review the lyrics ...!)

And then, I noticed a couple of amazing things:

*I integrated/memorized it a LOT faster than I thought I would ..... it's mantra ... it's like the sounds *want* to go together.

*The reason we even *have* the Vedas, is that not even a syllable of them was ever lost ... because *somewhere* in India ... *someone* has been chanting them .... for at *least* three or four thousand years .... possibly a lot longer. Basically: the science behind the construction of sacred poetry ... in Sanskrit, Hindi (derived directly from Sanskrit) or any other sacred language ... is based on a realized level of the powers of sound, language, memory, audible articulation, musical structure, meter and physiology.

Per physiology:

Sanskrit and North Indian (Sanskrit derived languages) have a one-sound per letter-syllable structure that makes exact pronunciation actually *very* easy to learn.

There's all kinds of mythology on the Web about how hard it is to learn correct Sanskrit pronunciation; it's not. It'll take some practice .... but it's not hard, at all ... it simply involves opening past the habits of your native language.

For instance: Raama .... the R, tongue is pointed straight up .. the "aa" is a the palate .. the m, the lips touch lightly ... the "a" is in the throat.

It'll likely feel foreign at first ... but when you get it down .... you'll find that *every* syllable of the Hanuman Chalisa, and any other Indian devotional song ... is based on a very fine science of mantra, physiology and physiological acoustics ... you'll literally *feel* the resonance.

How important is all this sound stuff?

You've never perceived anything that's not fundamentally sound.

When sound gets past a certain frequency ..... we call it light.

The only thing that precedes, supercedes and succeeds sound is THAT ... *THIS* THAT ..... THIS THAT I AM.

And That You Am.

And That We All Am.

Hear That Sound? - It's Everything; It's Your Heart, It's Your Home .... it's I AM singing AUM.

Those ancient sages who created all this strange mantra and music stuff ..... were part of a spiritual system that figured it ALL out .... a VERY long time ago.

Most of our path in this so-called modern world is dropping the pride of all we think we know .... and our slavery to rationality.

And no, I'm not a banner-waving Hanuman bhakta, all of a sudden ... I used to not know why I do half of what I do ... now, I don't know close to 100% .... and opening IN, rapidly!

As in: Kirtanmanical posts happen; hopefully, it may serve as a bit of a "knowledge-base" addition and jumping-off point, for anyone interested in the Hanuman Chalisa ... I just felt moved to post about it; that's all.

Enjoy!

It's not so much about the *form* of the mantra/kirtan song/bhajan ... or devotional music in any spiritual tradition ... it's about *sounding* ... creating sacred/neurospiritual resonance and emotion in the body-mind. Just as practices related to breath, body position, mantra recitation in general, meditation, etc. ... have been proven efficacious to enlightenment .... so has devotional/mantric music ... in all spiritual traditions. One person's sacred chant is another person's self-induced neuroplasticity-in-action.

Studies are emerging *rapidly* on the neurological and neurochemical changes experienced by experienced meditators; we're literally evolving our neurospiritual system to full maturity, here (AYP) ... and with any of these additions/enhancements we may pick up along the way ... as inner or outer guru (guru is one, appearances vary) may guide.

Enlightenment Is Real.

Enlightenment Is All That's Real.

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  9:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I saw this video ... and thought:

"Whoa .... KD *definitely* went for the Vente Latte with Extra Shot of Espresso, at Starbuck's!!" .... and then I read the notes (he's actually on rep #101 of #108 Hanuman Chalisas, last New Year's Day).

Hanuman Chalisa in Triple Time

By The Way: Check Out The Tabla Dude .... I forget his name, but he was, like, the Ghost of Tablas Present @ Kripalu last summer .... he Tabla'd for Krishna Das, Donna Delory & Wah! ... if I recall, I'm pretty sure he's a kirtan artist, on his own, too.

Nearly all kirtan artists, and musicians .... practice their music *as* a yoga - as a key part, or often, *the* key part of their spiritual life ... as they do in India, and elsewhere.

It shows.

Beautifully.

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  9:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yonatan

Thanks Kirtanman and Sage!!!

Kirtanman, I really liked the studio version of the Hanuman Chalisa (Krishna Das), it's really awesome..

Thanks,

Love,

Yonatan

Thanks, Yonatan!

I appreciate the positive feedback!

If you know any more cool Hebrew songs .... I imagine I speak for us all, when I say we're an equal-opportunity devotional music group around here ... if it's good music .... and directed inward and upward .... let's let each other (all of us) know about it!

AUM Is Where The Heart Is; ShalAUM AUM Shanti,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  04:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kirtanman

quote:
The video is mistitled (the song's title is Hanuman .... not Sita Ram) ... and, it's Girish's song, not Donna Delory's .... though Donna is the female vocalist sitting/singing next to him (she's best known as one of Madonna's singer-dancers ... and as one of America's favorite kirtan artists).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nSOFZWr1L4

I really like the above with Girish and his group.
AUM _/\_
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  5:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtanman, I'm begining to listen to sanskrit kirtan like krishna das and bhagavan das, and enjoy it.
Thanks

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2013 :  5:57:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hanuman Chalisa..

What a delight..

Here two more wonderful renditions (Haidakhan Babaji ashram):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe53Zk5TjdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp2Jc2j3HEA

Interested in the mythology of Hanuman?
Read this article! (http://news.iskcon.com/node/2631)

And who better to follow as the perfect example of selfless, devoted service than Lord Rama’s greatest devotee, the monkey warrior Hanuman?

We cannot, of course, imitate Hanuman’s actions. This is someone, who, as a newborn baby, tried to eat the sun because he thought it was a delicious-looking fruit, and would have succeeded had not Indra the lord of the demigods stopped him by striking him unconscious with his deadly thunderbolt weapon. He was then personally revived and granted untold powers by the creator Brahma, in an effort to pacify his father Vayu, the God of wind, who in a fury had taken away the ability to breathe from every living entity in the universe.

We can, however, follow Hanuman’s example of using his talents and capacities to the fullest in the Lord’s service.

Doing Our Very Best

Hanuman’s talent was strength, and a quick study of his life reveals endless examples of his using it to the fullest. When Rama’s wife Sita devi was kidnapped by the demon king Ravana, Hanuman jumped, with playful disregard, across thousands of miles of fathomless ocean to warn Ravana to release her.

Then, when the demon refused and launched an attack on him, Hanuman proceeded to kill eighty thousand of Ravana’s “Rakshasa” soldiers, then the great demon Jambumali, then the seven sons of Ravana’s ministers, the five commanders of Ravana’s armies, and finally Ravana’s own son Akshaya-kumara. He then set fire to the entire demon city of Lanka, before jumping back across the ocean to Lord Rama, who was extremely pleased with him when he delivered the news that Sita was safe.

Then it was time to go to war, and once again it was Hanuman who took the initiative, directing and participating in the construction of a bridge across the ocean to Lanka.

During the battle, Hanuman carried both Lord Rama and his brother Sri Lakshmana on his broad, strong back during confrontations with Ravana and Ravana’s deadly son Indrajit. In fact, Scriptures describe Hanuman as the best of all the Lord’s carriers, including Vishnu’s bird carrier Garuda.

One of Hanuman’s greatest moments occurred when Indrajit struck with black magic in the middle of the night, severely wounding Lakshmana and knocking him unconscious. Listening to advice from the physician Susena, Hanuman headed for Gandhamadana mountain in the Himalayas to bring back the herb visalya-karani, which alone could save the lives of Lakshmana and the many vanara soldiers that had also been injured. To do this, Hanuman had to defeat an army of protective demigods, uproot the entire mountain because he couldn’t distinguish which plant was the correct one, and swiftly return before it was too late.

Reading about all these incredible feats, we may feel inadequate. “How ridiculous will my meager efforts seem next to those of a devotee such as Hanuman?” we may think. “Will Lord Rama even care?”

A story from Hanuman’s own life answers this question. While Hanuman was hefting huge mountain tops into the sea to build the bridge to Lanka, he noticed a tiny spider brushing small particles of dust into the water with its legs to assist Lord Rama. He was about to brush the spider out of the way of his own serious work, when Ramachandra admonished him, saying, “Give up your pride! This spider’s devotional service is just as satisfying to me as yours. You are serving me according to your capacity, and he is serving Me according to his capacity.”

Two powerful lessons emerge here: the first is that whoever we are, we always have something to offer the Lord—and if we serve to our fullest capacity, with all our heart and soul, it will be accepted by Him as first class devotion. The second is that as we strive to do our best for the Lord, and progress in our service, we should never obstruct or belittle another’s devotional service, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to us.

Caring for Others

Hanuman’s many feats of strength do not make him a brute—rather, he is very soft-hearted and caring. When he jumped across the ocean to warn Ravana and kill many of his men, for instance, he also gently comforted Sita in her distress, giving her Rama’s ring to assure her of his allegiance and promising her that her Lord would come and save her soon. Such care earned him a deep embrace from his master upon his return.

When the battle had ended and Lord Ramachandra had killed Ravana, Hanuman once again visited Sita, who was still in captivity, and brought life and joy back to her when he told her the good news. He then personally took her to meet her husband.

The Lord deeply appreciated such service, favoring Hanuman by presenting him with Sita’s gold necklace and granting him unflinching pure devotion to himself, Rama.

Simplicity

A devotee is very uncomplicated—his life is simply dedicated to doing whatever will please the Lord. This simplicity and innocent devotion is illustrated in a story told at Hanuman temples all over India.

When Hanuman was delivering Rama’s message and ring to Sita while she was being held captive by Ravana, he saw her applying reddish vermillion—known as “sindhur” or “kumkum”—in the parting in her hair, and asked what its purpose was.

“It is to give my husband Sri Rama a long life and to protect him from calamities,” Sita explained.
Hearing this, Hanuman thought, “If just a pinch of sindhur can protect Rama, how safe will a huge amount keep him?” He then promptly covered his entire body with sindhur.

When he returned to the other side of the ocean, where Rama was preparing his army of monkey warriors for war, the commander-in-chief Sugriva burst into laughter. Rama, however, gravely asked Hanuman why he had done such a thing. When Hanuman told him, Rama was deeply moved by this innocent show of Bhakti and proclaimed that any devotee who worshipped Hanuman with sindhur would receive His mercy and be able to cross all obstacles in devotional service.

Today, devotees at temples across India still worship Hanuman by anointing his deity form with sindhur.

Selfless Service

Hanuman is also endowed with many other wonderful qualities, all of which he uses to serve Lord Rama. In the Vaishnava text Brihad-Bhagavatamrita, the traveling saint Narada Muni learns of these while searching for the greatest devotee of the Lord.

The book describes Hanuman as free of all fear, strictly celibate, and extremely intelligent—he is a skilled poet, thoroughly learned in all Vedic literature, and gave excellent strategic advice during the battle with Ravana.

He also carried out medical services, treating Rama’s battlefield wounds, and sang beautiful songs for the Lord’s pleasure.

While Lord Rama was living in the forest, on exile from his kingdom, Hanuman used his huge white tail to provide the Lord with a white umbrella—a traditional symbol of royalty at the time. The same tail also served as a sunscreen canopy, a fan, and, when Hanuman was serving as the Lord’s vehicle, a flag.

Yet despite rendering all these services to Lord Rama, when the Lord offered him liberation as a reward, Hanuman did not accept it—he did not want anything in return other than more service.

“Even though liberation destroys the bondage of material existence,” Hanuman told Rama, “I have no desire for liberation, in which I would forget that You are the master and I am Your servant.”

Chanting the Lord’s Holy Name

It is stated in the scriptures that wherever rama-katha, stories about Rama, are recited, Hanuman comes to listen. He makes every endeavor to increase the bliss of Lord Ramachandra’s devotees, both in ancient times and today.

It is also said that the immortal Hanuman has vowed to remain in this world as long as the holy names of Rama are chanted.

Sure enough, ISKCON devotees all over the world are chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, which contains the name of Rama, every day.

So on the sacred appearance day of Lord Rama, as we hear stories of his pastimes, and chant the Hare Krishna mantra—the essence of which translates as “My dear Lord, kindly engage me in your service”—we can be sure that the great monkey warrior Hanuman is right there with us, listening and increasing our desire to serve his Lord.

Read more: http://news.iskcon.com/node/2631#ixzz2JJUyeHY7

The story on Krishna Das' website is heart-warming as well:
http://www.krishnadas.com/notes.cfm...art&TID=one5

Enjoy! :)
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2013 :  09:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heyyyy K'man!!

Welcome back!!

Thanks for sharing. The Hanuman Chalisa has changed my life in magnificent ways ever since I learned it as a teenager. In the most difficult times of my life, I have felt Hanuman carry me and His presence with me. I often see His form in mundane things - strong, serious, devoted, meditative. Hanuman is the reason for me to love the Ramayana, even more than Rama himself. An avatar of Shiva, He symbolizes everything that leads one from misidentification as a separate being to realization of the One.

It is said that even simply reading the English translation of the chalisa is deeply transformative.

Thank you again for the moving post and description.

Much love
Go to Top of Page

cskumar9

India
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  01:27:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unlocking Hanuman Chalisa : Revelations of a Householder Mystic
(#2361;#2344;#2369;#2350;#2366;#2344; #2330;#2366;#2354;#2368;#2360;#2366; #2325;#2369;#2306;#2332;#2367;#2325;#2366; : #2319;#2325; #2352;#2361;#2360;#2381;#2351;#2357;#2366;#2342;#2368; #2327;#2371;#2361;#2360;#2381;#2341; #2325;#2366; #2310;#2340;#2381;#2350;#2346;#2369;#2306;#2332;)
by Chandra Shekhar Kumar (Author), Ancient Kriya Yoga Mission (Contributor)

http://www.amazon.com/Unlocking-Han.../1519107633/

Commentaries on Hanuman Chalisa in English and Hindi.

This book is an outcome of inner revelations of mystical meanings of Hanuman Chalisa. Penning down itself was full of eternal vibrations which resembled as if being dictated by a Siddha. This journey was full of inexplicable ecstasy and joy, laced with complete surrendering to witnessing the state of Hanuman. It depicts transcendental qualities and attributes of this state in its totality.

This body is just an instrument of meditation and the individual is nothing, the individual has nothing.

Hanuman is a special state of Siddhas, the qualities of which are described by Hanuman Chalisa. A Sadhak passes through infinite number of states during his Sadhana. Period of stay in any state varies depending on the peculiarities of that state as well the predicament of the Sadhak. During this course, the outer symptoms may not be described and grasped as aptly as inner symptoms. Outer symptoms like trembling and/or levitation of body often lead to bewilderment and amusement of the beholder. Whereas being in the same state, it leads to calm acceptance and grasp of what is happening to someone else being in that state.

There is no single prescribed path for Sadhana, simply because it varies from Sadhak to Sadhak, the root of which is often buried deep in one's Providence(Prarabdha). Hence no matter which path a Sadhak adopts for his journey to start with, he will get aligned to the best path, most suitable one for him, in due course of time, gradually. The single most important key is :

Continue seeking in with utmost Sincerity and Devotion.

Historians often attribute the composition of Hanuman Chalisa to Goswami Tulsi Das, whereas a Sadhak realizes, when time is ripe for him, that the particular Shabda is eternal, ever present, everywhere, perceptible to one only when one is ready during his course of Sadhana, including listening to these being chanted/sung by Siddhas, all the time, beyond the time.

This book is dedicated to all Sadhakas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000