AYP Helpers
 Ideas for making AYP money
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Maybe we can come up with some ways to help AYP offset costs.
idea one:
You may not like this, but it's quite common; maybe on the home page only, put advertising banners. you could solicit companies like Yoga magazines, big chain asana schools, health food, yoga products like mats, etc. I think if they were restricted to certain pages people wouldn't mind. Myself I wouldn't care if they were on all pages. A lot of free sites have them and I just ignore them. It's very common to see banners that conflict with the philosophy of the site they are on, but are still in the same category because there are always "borderline" visitors who may not be into exactly what you are teaching. Along those lines would be a big chain yoga asana school that doesn't teach meditation at all.

Second idea:
You may set up a voluntary donation schedule to be a member of these forums. If you had a chart that said something like different member levels, say "basic member $10 per year", "generous gold member $100 per year" etc. These could be all voluntary, and say the service is free, but you have expenses and would appreciated help to disseminate costs and grow the spread of good information. I think if people could see such small amounts would help, that many of us would donate. You would send out yearly reminders, and of course people who know they can't afford it wouldn't donate.

Or, who else has other ideas?

Etherfish

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  12:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions, Etherfish.

Donations are appreciated, as long as they are on the basis of the perception of value received already. Anthem has been kind enough to cover that here - http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=556 including the appropriate Paypal link.

I am not inclined to make a structured program out of donations, having trust in the opening hearts that are out there.

Several website advertising approaches have been reviewed, and for now I am going to use the space for the AYP books. It is hoped that the addition of several new books in the coming months, along with promotions, will be enough to provide sufficient financial support. If the books do not do that, then by sometime next year, outside advertising would be seriously considered. The hope is to keep the websites all AYP.

In addition, I am offering a quantity deep discount on the AYP books for those who would like to hand them out. The more of them that are out there, the better.
See http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=558
(Note: This discount is available with shipping from both the USA and UK now)

Suggestions are always welcome on how we can reach more people with the AYP writings. And direct action in whatever way one may be inclined to help is even better.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  7:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more idea:
Some online book stores give you a commission if people buy a book from them by clicking on a link on your site. I think Amazon has that program.
You could add a page to your site that has all the books you like,
like the book list or part of it, with clickable links to buy them.

Etherfish
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2005 :  08:28:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Etherfish:

The AYP booklist with over 400 titles is set up this way through Amazon Associates. It is a 5-8% commission from Amazon, depending on volume, for books purchased through those links.

Keep in mind that at the current traffic level of AYP, we are talking about very small amounts of money for both book link commissions and the sale of website advertising space.

More importantly, anyone with a website can use Amazon Associates to display the AYP books and receive the 5-8% commission for AYP book sales. I like that best, because it helps get the AYP books out there.

The more AYP books out there, the better.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000