New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends,

Yesterday I went for my second Esoteric Acupuncture treatment. First I am going to explain what happened due to the first treatment, then I will explain what happened in yesterdays treatment and ask for suggestions.

In my first treatment I went in with no expectations, no physical difficulties, and I basically gave the acupunturist free reign to do what she felt I needed. After a brief time chatting about where I am in my journey, she had me lie on the table and she "scanned" my system for blockages or issues or whatever. She said that my anahatta chakra was not properly balanced and was not spinning correctly. She put a 4 needle pyramid above the chakra on my back and told me to breath in and out a bright white light from inside the pyramid. She left me to continue this exercise for the rest of the session. When it was done I felt really wierd. The only word I could use to describe it at the time was "tense". I felt this tension in varying degrees for four more days after the treatment. On the fourth day during meditation I felt the tension release. The was a major opening and caused some kundalini symptoms I had not had before. The two weeks following that first treatment were intense. Much changed in me, much changed in my circumstances and much changed in my future. I also learned some hard lessons in these two weeks, but they were assimilated well and I felt balanced going into my second treatment.

The second treatment was beautiful. I explained to the acupunturist all that had happened in the past two weeks, and the opening I had had. A few days earlier I had actually come to the realization that I could then put words to what had specifically happened due to the first treatment. I now know that the first treatment pulled a lot of tension and emotional baggage from areas they were held in my physical, and subtle bodies and brought them all to a spot in the solar plexus of my subtle body. This was the tension I felt for four days after the initial treatment. Ever since the treatment I have had a much greater ability to "feel" my subtle body and focus on areas within it. What I have noticed because of this, is that I have (since forever as far as I know) been storing negative emotions and karma in my right shoulder and my right hip. I always thought the lack of mobility and flexibility in these two joints was cause by previous sports injuries but I know now that this is not the case. I told the acupuncturist about these two areas and she clued me in to some things I had not really considered before. She told me that the right side of the body is the Yang side and the left side of the body is the Yin side. The yang side corrosponds to the masculine energies and the Yin side corrosponds to the feminine energies. She started putting needles in at this point, starting with my right ear, 1 in the right shoulder spot, 1 in the right hip spot and 1 in the lung spot. (I still have a low lung pulse she said probably due to years and years of heavy pot smoking). Then she put one in the Vishuddha chakra. Then one on either side of the spine in the anahatta chakra, and one in the middle of the chakra. She then put one needle in my root chakra right at the base of the coccyx. The next needle really through me for a loop. She put one in the back of my skull in the middle of the chakra just below the bump on the back of the skull. As soon as this needle was in the needle in the coccyx started vibrating intensely hard. I could literally feel the kundalini energy racing from the tailbone to the needle in the back of my head and the pushing foreward to my third eye. I felt the feeling I have had before of there being a "tunnel" from the third eye to the back of the head with wind blowing through the tunnel. This lasted for as long as the needles were in place. Next she put a needle in a spot in my right shoulder. She prodded around for the right spot, finding a small lump deep inside the muscle. She asked if pushing on it hurt, which it didn't. She told me she was going to put a needle in the "bulb". I said "What?" Why would you stick a needle into a bone? She said, "this isn't a bone, this is a tense muscle". I couldn't believe it. The spot she had located was so tight, I thought is was either a bone or a piece of cartilidge or a calcium deposit or something. She assured me it was just a tense muscle. So she put a needle into this spot. This instantly made the right side of my body very actuely palapable. I felt what felt like all my muscle tense up just on the right side of my body. It felt like my hand was closed in a tight fist, yet I knew it wasn't. She asked me how that felt and I told her....It made me feel like the two sides of my body were acutely seperated. Like my spine was the division between the two halves and there was no joining point. She asked me to describe how each of the sides felt. The left side felt cool, and calm, smooth and centered. Flexible and free. The right side felt hot, tense, chaotic, angry etc etc. She explained to me about the yin and yang sides of the body and how she thought it was very interesting how I chose to be born at this time of spiritual transition, but chose to be born in a male body. She said that the majority of spiritual seekers are women and that she found it intriguing that I am in a male body having such feminine energy. She said that I am very much in touch with my feminine side, the soul side, and that I have some issues with my masculinity. I had never really thought about this idea in depth before, though I must admit that thoughts of "I act more like a girl then a boy sometimes" had crossed my mind in the past. (although I blocked them out quite quickly for fear that I may find out I am gay or something). We talked more about my past, and she had me try to visualize a bridge between the two halves of my body. Once we were done, she put a few "seeds" in my ear spots for me to press randomly throughout the next week or so, and I got dressed feeling absolutely elated. I felt like I floated out of her office and all the way home.

Anyways, what I am wondering about is how to go about balancing these two sides of my body. What can I do to become more "in touch" with my masculinity. I have a big problem with male ego, and masculinity, because I feel most guys are so stupid and so "testosteroney" that I want nothing to do with typical Male stuff. What are some exercises that I can do in order to get back in touch with my male energies? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Sorry this is so long.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 17 2009 12:35:39 PM

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  4:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Thank you for this very interesting sharing.. I've been thinking of trying an acupuncture treatment actually, and your post reminded me of doing it.
I can share with you the little I know..
You have the alternate nostril breathing (Suka Kriya) that helps a great deal in balancing ida and pingala (male&female/Yin-Yang) energy. Maybe you know about this basic technique. However I will give you the details:
- sit in siddhasana, spine erect
- your left hand rests, palm facing upward, in front of your genitals, or let's say gently resting on them.
-your right hand, fingers straight upward, in front of your nose
-the 2 fingers you use are the thumb and the little finger
- start by exhaling veeeeeeery slowly from the left nostril, thumb is closing the right nostril
- after exhaling fully, you start inhaling very slowly
- once you finish inhaling fully,put the little finger on the left nostril, open up the right nostril and exhale very slowly from the right nostril.
and you continue like this for at least 5 minutes.. but you can do it for 10-20 minutes if you can..even for 1 hour
It will be tremendously relaxing and centering..

important note: shoulders and arms are relaxed and the head should remain straight. Also the breathing should be done as slowly as possible, but without forcing to the point of tension or discomfort.
Just relax into it and slowly feel the air coming in and out.
Don't visualize anything.. just feel.

Hope this helps..

.Love.

Edited by - Goddessinside on Mar 17 2009 4:22:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  4:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Goddessinside and thank you for your suggestion.

In regards to this practice though.....If I was to do this, wouldn't it be balancing out both sides equally if I did the breathing through one nostril and then the other? Wouldn't I have to do just the right nostril in order to put it in balance with the left side which is already balanced? Meaning, my left side is centered and balanced, the right side is not even close. Would I not have to do the breathing on just the right side in order to create balance between the two halves? Wouldn't doing it on both sides just keep the problem the same? Am I totally wrong? I really have no idea.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Thanks for sharing.....that was some treatment you got!

I may be wrong about this....but in my experience the balancing of the masculine and feminine energies happens naturally alongside the purification of the nervous system. In other words: your practise is already taking you there....and life will do the rest ...if you let it. Like the meeting with this esoteric accupuncturist. She is not a coincidence. What you needed you may have gotten now. Let it assimilate itself and relax the rest of the doing.

The macrobiotic diet I was on for years...both after the arthritis and the cancer.....is a beautiful way to restore and cultivate balance. Macrobiotics are based on the yin and yang principles in the food....and in everything around and inside us. Michio Kushi is a good author to check out...if you are interested in the diet.

Also.....Ayurvedic diet and finding out your main dosha...or doshas...is something to consider.

Both these diets will probably have a positive effect on your digestive system also...

Just a couple of Norwegian kroner
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  5:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

thanks, this is great news! I'm looking forward for more news regarding your experience, cuz I have a surprisingly analogous situation going on for several(!) years. I'd love to write more right now, but I just finished an extensive dinner and had a couple glasses wine ...so I cant guarantee right now I hope I'll manage to kick in as soon as possible.

For now just this: Being in close contact with your masculinity is great and very wholesome. It is by no means anything bad, ill, or stupid. There has been much confusion about what a healthy masculinity should actually look like, over the last forty years, due to several historical reasons, the raise of the feminist movement or the world wars being just random examples. Much has been done in order to untangle this confusion already.
This is my quick advice as to how to get more in touch with your masculinity: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#47053

Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Mar 17 2009 5:28:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  5:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

In regards to this practice though.....If I was to do this, wouldn't it be balancing out both sides equally if I did the breathing through one nostril and then the other? Wouldn't I have to do just the right nostril in order to put it in balance with the left side which is already balanced? Meaning, my left side is centered and balanced, the right side is not even close. Would I not have to do the breathing on just the right side in order to create balance between the two halves? Wouldn't doing it on both sides just keep the problem the same? Am I totally wrong? I really have no idea.

Love,
Carson

Well, I really am no expert but I think you might be wrong here Carson. The idea is to balance both sides not try to mechanically pump one and deplete the other (it is tricky trying to make the organism do anything). You want a bridge between the two sides right? Bretahing can be that bridge, through the exercise Godess suggested.

I too have, for a long time now, problems of imbalance between the two halves. My problems are clearly on the left side (feminine, according to you). I also wanted to "fix" this for a while but understand now that you cannot, easily, fix an energetic problem. Is "under the hood" as Yogani puts it. We just don't know enough of how this stuff works.

The overall purification of the AYP routine has helped me termenously but I still consistently feel the left side more than the right (tingly, "pains" or sensations (feel like knots) in specific points along my left side (always the same ones), etc.). This is pretty annoying to me but I try to be patient and believe this will slowly but surely unwind. Thinking too much about this and trying to find specific, loocalised, startegies to make the unwinding happen does not work, in my opinion. But I might be wrong or I just lost faith. I still hope someday someone will explain what happens in my case

That alternateing nostril breathing exercise feels very nice, as Goddess pointed out, and reminded me of trying it again. I will add it into my routine as well for some sessions, before meditation, and see what happens.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  5:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We cross-posted Helder
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  5:24:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
....and Katrine
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  6:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seems like a brillaint experience. I met a couple on a holiday in China and the guy wanted to walk up to the Great Wall of China but was struggling with his hip and knee (the doctor had advised he should not even try to do it). The guy had also suffered Colon cancer and had his large bowel removed and had been fitted with a bag.he was still game to try things despite his apparent ill health and regularly rode around the continent on has motorcycle with his wife as pillion.

Anyway, to make a short story even longer he decided to try a course of acupuncture because it was offered as an extra as part of the Yangse River cruise. After two course of treatment he was able to climb up to the wall unaided and even went without his usual walking sticks !! I was amazed. He was a totally down to earth Scouser (thats Liverpool born for everyone who is not from the UK) and hardly the type to try acupuncture, it was just that it was free (typical Scouser )and to see the difference it made in two short sessions was incredible.

I just want some acupuncture now I have read this post. I have no idea if it will do anything but I should a least find out.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

I may be wrong about this....but in my experience the balancing of the masculine and feminine energies happens naturally alongside the purification of the nervous system. In other words: your practise is already taking you there....and life will do the rest ...if you let it. Like the meeting with this esoteric accupuncturist. She is not a coincidence. What you needed you may have gotten now. Let it assimilate itself and relax the rest of the doing.

I agree with Katrine.. and so does Yogani in this lesson
Lesson 207 - Q&A – Left or right side imbalances

quote:
Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to try and direct the purification process in a specific direction outside the third eye to root spinal nerve, or the well-rounded (global) effects of deep meditation and samyama. We just can't know intellectually what the natural order of purification will be, whereas, inner silence and our ecstatic energies will find the purification channels of least resistance. How the purification happens will depend on so many karmic factors unique to each person. It can all be taken care of in a balanced way by eliciting the natural processes of purification from within with our advanced yoga practices.

If we think we have an imbalance on the left side and focus attention on fixing that, we could cause more imbalances. Better to use meditation, spinal breathing, mudras and bandhas, yoni mudra, spinal bastrika, chin pump, and so on. All these work up and down the central nerve and will not lead to left or right side imbalances, which can be destabilizing. If you have a left or right side imbalance, the best way to resolve it is to do practices in the middle. That is the focus in the lessons. If you go the middle way with spinal breathing, meditation, and the other practices, you will find increasing balance from top to bottom and from left to right. The spinal nerve (sushumna) between the third eye and root is the master key. All is balanced by purifying that.
Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  02:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Love,
Carson

Hi Carson..

The alternate nostril breathing works directly on balancing ida and pingala. It's not that you become a "neutral" or "asexual" being!
On the contrary, it will center your energies, purifies your mind/emotions and will warm your system..don't believe what I'm saying, just give it a try for 1 week, twice daily.. and anyway, I'm sure you will already feel the balancing effects after only 10 minutes..
You will eventually notice images/sounds coming out.. this is a good sign of purification.
So, when you experience this state of balance and instant peace (and it doesn't take months to feel it! it's just an instant effect!) you will be much more in harmony with your "masculine" side, naturally..
I won't go into a male/female debate.. this will be a waste of time and energy.
So, I encourage you to give it a try, like you did for AYP practices long time ago, and today, you are reaping the fruits.(sorry for my english!)
Also, as Katrine suggested, you can explore the macrobiotic wisdom which is not only a diet thing, but a whole wisdom for living in harmony with the universe, as spiritual beings..
I, myself, followed the macrobiotic way of eating and living for about 4 to 5 years, and I used to "play" with it, feeling the effects on my energies..
For example, last winter, it was cold.. my meals were usually well cooked, baked and more salty, that means more "yang"..
as a matter of fact, I just saw my self becoming more "yang", to the point that I was often feeling too tensed and "masculine".
So I give it up and went back to a more appropriate diet that would be more in harmony with my feminine energies..
I went on a raw diet, but reasonably.. without including too much sweets or fruits.. I went with the flow and felt the instant effect of it..! It's just amazing! My hatha and yoga became easier and flowing.. So I decided to forget about all theories/dogmas, whatever they could be, macrobiotic or raw... I just decided to listen to my body needs, NOT my tongue, but my true needs.. and it became very intuitive! But I couldn't have achieved this sensibility and intuition without first going through a purifying process (diet and yoga practices)..
So, to put it short, yes what you eat and how you eat is not a minor or secondary thing..
Also try to include the alternate b. for a while;your AYP practices will benefit from it also..

.Love.

Edited by - Goddessinside on Mar 18 2009 03:22:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Katrine...
quote:

Thanks for sharing.....that was some treatment you got!

Yes it was. This acupuncturist is incredible. She is the type of person where words are a mere formality. The silence speaks louder and clearer then anything I or she says. It was outright intimidating the first time I met her. I'll share that photo I showed you before here for everyone to see... http://chirozone.ca/practitioners.htm .....her picture is the bottom one. I think anyone who looks at this picture can tell what she is like. Her energy is incredible and it even shows through the photo.
quote:

I may be wrong about this....but in my experience the balancing of the masculine and feminine energies happens naturally alongside the purification of the nervous system.

Haha...yes yes, of course it does. But I was kinda hoping I could figure out at least how to stop storing my negative emotions and karma in my right shoulder and right hip, if not how to release these areas of tension so that my right side is balanced like my left side is.
quote:

In other words: your practise is already taking you there....and life will do the rest ...if you let it. Like the meeting with this esoteric accupuncturist. She is not a coincidence. What you needed you may have gotten now. Let it assimilate itself and relax the rest of the doing.

Yes, the old "non-doing" thing. I appreciate this approach but I also enjoy the actively participating approach. Always torn.... And yes, there is no doubt that meeting this lady was no accident. In fact, it is quite obvious to me these days that there is no such thing as an accident. Never has been. Everything happens for a reason.
quote:

The macrobiotic diet I was on for years...both after the arthritis and the cancer.....is a beautiful way to restore and cultivate balance. Macrobiotics are based on the yin and yang principles in the food....and in everything around and inside us. Michio Kushi is a good author to check out...if you are interested in the diet.

Yes thank you. I know absolutely nothing about macrobiotics. I will find something by Michio Kushi and see what he/she has to say. Any specific title that is worth getting over any other?
quote:

Also.....Ayurvedic diet and finding out your main dosha...or doshas...is something to consider.

Yes, I have really no idea about my dosha either. I think it has likely changed since I got off drugs as I eat much differently now then I used to, but I will have to dig deep into some literature and see if I can figure it out.
quote:

Both these diets will probably have a positive effect on your digestive system also...

Mmmmm.....my digestive system has been in distress for a while now. Acupuncture has really helped though. (the first treatment was basically a treatment for my digestion. Spiritual, emotional AND physical digestion and it really made a big difference. On my second treatment day she had a look at my tongue and said that it looked 10X better then it did before the first treatment. She said that my digestion wasn't perfect, but that it had greatly improved from my last treatment. I agreed for sure. It's amazing what she can tell about me from a quick look at my tongue. If only everything were that easy to diagnose!
quote:

Just a couple of Norwegian kroner

Kroner? Is that a currency?

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 18 2009 11:02:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Roman....
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

For now just this: Being in close contact with your masculinity is great and very wholesome. It is by no means anything bad, ill, or stupid. There has been much confusion about what a healthy masculinity should actually look like, over the last forty years, due to several historical reasons, the raise of the feminist movement or the world wars being just random examples. Much has been done in order to untangle this confusion already.
This is my quick advice as to how to get more in touch with your masculinity: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#47053

Thank you for this my friend. Some real jems of advice in your linked post. This line really caught me: "When a man is caught up in this worldview, any critique coming from the feminine seems to have an absolute value"..... this is so true and I can see that I do this myself. Thank you for the advice....

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 18 2009 11:25:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste YogaIsLife...
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Well, I really am no expert but I think you might be wrong here Carson.

Yes....after some reflection I too realized that this can not be a balanced approach (doing alternate nostril breathing on just one side).
quote:

The idea is to balance both sides not try to mechanically pump one and deplete the other (it is tricky trying to make the organism do anything). You want a bridge between the two sides right? Bretahing can be that bridge, through the exercise Godess suggested.

Yes, I want to bridge both sides. It was VERY wierd for me to feel the disconnection between the two halves of my body. Usually when you put hot water into a half full glass of cold water, you get warm water. Not so in this case. My right side is hot, my left side is cold, and there is no happy warm medium in the middle. Just my spine. Perhaps the spine is the bridge?
quote:

I too have, for a long time now, problems of imbalance between the two halves. My problems are clearly on the left side (feminine, according to you). I also wanted to "fix" this for a while but understand now that you cannot, easily, fix an energetic problem. Is "under the hood" as Yogani puts it. We just don't know enough of how this stuff works.

What brought you to the realization that there was nothing you could do to "fix" your imbalance?
quote:

The overall purification of the AYP routine has helped me termenously but I still consistently feel the left side more than the right (tingly, "pains" or sensations (feel like knots) in specific points along my left side (always the same ones), etc.). This is pretty annoying to me but I try to be patient and believe this will slowly but surely unwind. Thinking too much about this and trying to find specific, loocalised, startegies to make the unwinding happen does not work, in my opinion. But I might be wrong or I just lost faith. I still hope someday someone will explain what happens in my case

Yes I can identify with this very much. It's on the opposite side for me, but still very much the same. I can FEEL the spots that have tension built up in them right now, but not so much via a painful sensation but more through spiritual insight. I don't totally agree that the only thing I (or you) can do to release these blockages is our practices though. I'm sure there are additional ways to help loosen and then release this tension. I know accupuncture is helping, but I am hoping to find personal practices that can aid this process. I now have a few ideas from you all, and am going to put these ideas to work. Hopefully they help. Thanks for all the input.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste karl...
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Anyway, to make a short story even longer he decided to try a course of acupuncture because it was offered as an extra as part of the Yangse River cruise. After two course of treatment he was able to climb up to the wall unaided and even went without his usual walking sticks !! I was amazed. He was a totally down to earth Scouser (thats Liverpool born for everyone who is not from the UK) and hardly the type to try acupuncture, it was just that it was free (typical Scouser )and to see the difference it made in two short sessions was incredible.

Haha....Scouser.....never heard of that before....very funny.

I had a friend around the time I was 18 or 19 who's father was a hardcore alcoholic. Had been for many years. He was in so deep that he would have delerium tremens within a few hours of his last drink. It was quite sad actually. Anyways, this friend of mine's father started an acupuncture regime back then. Within a couple of months he completely stopped drinking. His alcoholism was cured by acupuncture. He does not drink to this day 10 or so years later. So yeah, there is definitely some validity to the acupuncture system. I'm not sure if it works for everyone, but when it works, IT WORKS! haha. Thanks for the story!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Shanti...
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

If you have a left or right side imbalance, the best way to resolve it is to do practices in the middle.

Mmmmmm.....sounds very reasonable. But this is only a way to release already stored tension correct? Is there any specific way to stop storing negative emotions and energy in certain areas?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If one does a regular practice out of alternate nostril breathing one works iwth both nostrils. If you feel at a given time one is very dominant and want to change it you can work a minute or three on the closed one first and then equaly on both.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Goddessinside...
quote:
Originally posted by Goddessinside

The alternate nostril breathing works directly on balancing ida and pingala. It's not that you become a "neutral" or "asexual" being!

Haha, yes I understand this....wasn't trying to say I would become asexual. (although that would be kinda neat!)
quote:

On the contrary, it will center your energies, purifies your mind/emotions and will warm your system..don't believe what I'm saying, just give it a try for 1 week, twice daily.. and anyway, I'm sure you will already feel the balancing effects after only 10 minutes..

So you think this techinque will balance the central channel better then SBP? I currently do SBP twice daily and am wondering if I should switch to alternate nostril breathing for a while, or if I should just continue with SBP, or if I should ADD alternate nostril breathing on top of SBP.
quote:

You will eventually notice images/sounds coming out.. this is a good sign of purification.

Yeah, I don't need any more purification happening then I already got. I'm already in a dumbed down version of my practices because of a need to pace myself, and I don't need any extra purification happening at this point. Any more and I might start having some REALLY screwy symptoms!
quote:

So, when you experience this state of balance and instant peace (and it doesn't take months to feel it! it's just an instant effect!) you will be much more in harmony with your "masculine" side, naturally..

It's that easy eh? Sounds almost too good to be true!
quote:

So, I encourage you to give it a try, like you did for AYP practices long time ago, and today, you are reaping the fruits.(sorry for my english!)

No apologies necessary. Your English is more then fine.
quote:

Also, as Katrine suggested, you can explore the macrobiotic wisdom which is not only a diet thing, but a whole wisdom for living in harmony with the universe, as spiritual beings..

Yes, there is much these days pointing me towards a healthier diet. Perhaps it is time I heeded all the advice? haha.
quote:

I, myself, followed the macrobiotic way of eating and living for about 4 to 5 years, and I used to "play" with it, feeling the effects on my energies..
For example, last winter, it was cold.. my meals were usually well cooked, baked and more salty, that means more "yang"..
as a matter of fact, I just saw my self becoming more "yang", to the point that I was often feeling too tensed and "masculine".
So I give it up and went back to a more appropriate diet that would be more in harmony with my feminine energies..
I went on a raw diet, but reasonably.. without including too much sweets or fruits.. I went with the flow and felt the instant effect of it..! It's just amazing! My hatha and yoga became easier and flowing.. So I decided to forget about all theories/dogmas, whatever they could be, macrobiotic or raw... I just decided to listen to my body needs, NOT my tongue, but my true needs.. and it became very intuitive! But I couldn't have achieved this sensibility and intuition without first going through a purifying process (diet and yoga practices)..
So, to put it short, yes what you eat and how you eat is not a minor or secondary thing..
Also try to include the alternate b. for a while;your AYP practices will benefit from it also..

Thank you Goddess for all your helpful thoughts and suggestions. I am assimilating them as we speak. Hurrah for the guru in you!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  11:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Markern my friend...
quote:
Originally posted by markern

If one does a regular practice out of alternate nostril breathing one works iwth both nostrils. If you feel at a given time one is very dominant and want to change it you can work a minute or three on the closed one first and then equaly on both.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I am going to respond to them all at the taobums site though if that's alright.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Carson

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What brought you to the realization that there was nothing you could do to "fix" your imbalance?

Good question.It was the frustration of trying to put into words what I felt, the feeling that the more I "thought" about it the worst it got (leading me to realise was indeed accumulated tension), and the fact that deep meditation alone relieved the symptoms and brought some balance. This does not mean they went away and, like you, I "try" to understand what is happening and get to the root of the problem. I put try in inverted comas because I don't believe that you can really, through intent, solve the problem. Maybe there is a specific technique, I don't know, but I feel my problem (and maybe yours) is deep rooted and, as such, only somethign that cleases deeply and in a balanced way (AYP?) can do the trick, ove rthe long term. Having said that I was happily reminded by this thread of alternate nostril breathing and decided to incorporate it into my routine for some weeks to see if it helps.

quote:

Yes I can identify with this very much. It's on the opposite side for me, but still very much the same. I can FEEL the spots that have tension built up in them right now, but not so much via a painful sensation but more through spiritual insight. I don't totally agree that the only thing I (or you) can do to release these blockages is our practices though. I'm sure there are additional ways to help loosen and then release this tension. I know accupuncture is helping, but I am hoping to find personal practices that can aid this process. I now have a few ideas from you all, and am going to put these ideas to work. Hopefully they help. Thanks for all the input.

I am very glad someone can at least partly empathise with me! It is so hard to convey what I feel to people that I decided to give it a rest and hope for the best...I am glad to find someone like you a littl emore pro-active. If you find a specific techique or set of techniques that help let me know!

I did find some partial relief practicing pranic healing in myself (look for pranic healing in the subject in the forums). I would just put my hands in the knots and they would move and dissolve. Quite amazing really. But still, the causes remained so that is no good. I have also tried acunpuncture, distance healing, reflexology and shiatsu but they did not do me much.

All the best my friend and do let me know if you find a cure!
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no problem in doing both Alternate nostril breathing and SB. Commonly done by many for centuries. THere might however be a problem in the sum of your practices become too much. That you will just have to find out in your practice.

With regards to wether one can succesfully adress praticualr issues head on. OF course one can. Almost the entire taoist tradition today is based on such techniques, Tibetan tantra also has A LOT of prana managment and specific chakra work, same thing goes for a lot of SUfi tradition, Kabbalah, and some western mysticism, not to mention most of Indian Yoga. They micromanage their chakras, Ida and Pingala and front and back channel very well in the Bihar School of yoga and in several of the good Kriya yoga traditions. It is just not right to claim that what is under the hood in AYP cannot be understood or managed directly by other means. It is done all the time. It might not be the way to go in a particular case, maybe not the way to go in general, but it works very, very well in many traditions.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, I forgot to mention, I have no spleen. Could this be related? The main pain is clearly there and then it seems to follow a route in the left side with several smaller nodes in particular (very specific) locations. Seems really like a nerve there that connects all these dots. Then there is accumulation of gas in that area. I know the spleen is very important energetically so I figure this may have to do with it, but since I don't have one maybe I shouldn't even botehr with it, you see? I prefer not even to thin about it...

Any advice/ideas appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Goddessinside

158 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Goddessinside's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again Carson,

I won't tell you if it's good or not to add alternate breathing to your practices.. I feel this won't be a bad thing, on the contrary, it will ease blockages you may have.. So just try as I said for some days, and see by yourself if it brings something positive to your condition.
Now, concerning macrobiotics, personally I started with "Zen Macrobiotic" by Georges Ohsawa (considered to be the father of Macrobiotics in the 20th century).Michio Kushi was his student; he's still alive and he has adapted Georges Ohsawa teachings to modern western life..
This could be a first nice approach to this wisdom.
I have to warn you that it takes time to really assimilate the yin/yang theory, but I'm sure that you will find it interesting and you will probably understand many things that happened to your health in the past and the present..
I can say briefly that a healthy diet is based on:

- eating fresh,organic,local food, in season
- chewing very well
- having a regular timing for having meals
- last but not least: eating WHOLE food (whole grains are a great source of nutrition)

Yes, looking at your tongue is a quick and easy way to diagnose your condition.. You can do it yourself! There are books on Oriental Diagnosis that give many easy tips for evaluating your health..
I could talk for hours about this topic, but it's not the point here.
So, I wish you to find the appropriate solution for your condition.

All the best!

The Guru is ... in the kitchen?!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste YogaIsLife...
quote:

quote:

Good question.It was the frustration of trying to put into words what I felt, the feeling that the more I "thought" about it the worst it got (leading me to realise was indeed accumulated tension), and the fact that deep meditation alone relieved the symptoms and brought some balance.

Excellent...good to know. I have just in the past two days started thinking about this in depth. Before this acupuncture treatment I had never really entertained the idea, so this is all fresh for me. But it is good fro you to say the above, as I can learn from your mistakes and try to let go of "trying" so hard to "understand".
quote:

This does not mean they went away and, like you, I "try" to understand what is happening and get to the root of the problem. I put try in inverted comas because I don't believe that you can really, through intent, solve the problem. Maybe there is a specific technique, I don't know, but I feel my problem (and maybe yours) is deep rooted and, as such, only somethign that cleases deeply and in a balanced way (AYP?) can do the trick, ove rthe long term.

Yes my problem is definitely deeply rooted. Probably been there since my very early childhood I think. Making it more difficult to resolve through analysis I believe. So yes, continuing practices will be a good way to root out the issue.
quote:

I am very glad someone can at least partly empathise with me! It is so hard to convey what I feel to people that I decided to give it a rest and hope for the best...I am glad to find someone like you a littl emore pro-active. If you find a specific techique or set of techniques that help let me know!

Yes I will for sure share anything that helps...I posted this topic both here at AYP and also at the taobums forum so I have been getting a myriad of different kinds of advice, all of which sounds promising. Here is a link to the topic at TTB so you can read for yourself the types of suggestions I am getting over there. http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php...pic=9318&hl=
quote:

I did find some partial relief practicing pranic healing in myself (look for pranic healing in the subject in the forums). I would just put my hands in the knots and they would move and dissolve. Quite amazing really. But still, the causes remained so that is no good. I have also tried acunpuncture, distance healing, reflexology and shiatsu but they did not do me much.

Hmmm.....so you have been dealing with this for quite some time now then eh? I don't know much about pranic healing but I will do the search as you have suggested and see if it resonates or not.
quote:

All the best my friend and do let me know if you find a cure!

All the best to you too my brother. I will let you know what works for me and what doesn't. Good luck and thanks for the suggestions!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Mar 18 2009 2:11:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

There is no problem in doing both Alternate nostril breathing and SB. Commonly done by many for centuries. THere might however be a problem in the sum of your practices become too much. That you will just have to find out in your practice.

With regards to wether one can succesfully adress praticualr issues head on. OF course one can. Almost the entire taoist tradition today is based on such techniques, Tibetan tantra also has A LOT of prana managment and specific chakra work, same thing goes for a lot of SUfi tradition, Kabbalah, and some western mysticism, not to mention most of Indian Yoga. They micromanage their chakras, Ida and Pingala and front and back channel very well in the Bihar School of yoga and in several of the good Kriya yoga traditions. It is just not right to claim that what is under the hood in AYP cannot be understood or managed directly by other means. It is done all the time. It might not be the way to go in a particular case, maybe not the way to go in general, but it works very, very well in many traditions.

Hi Markern:

Of course, the risk in micro-managing anything is that the whole of it can be missed. The mind revels in micro-management, but the soul does not. This is why AYP takes the position it does, favoring the center in stillness over the unlimited number of by-ways we can take. As you say, at times, we may be inclined to address specific internal energies for a "medicinal" reason, but in doing so we should be aware that it may come at a cost. Good energy management and enlightenment are not the same thing. If we get too caught up in one we may miss the other. It is a choice we make, consciously or unconsciously. Consciously is better, I think.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Markern.....
quote:

Yes of course, thank you.
quote:

Good to know my friend. Thank you for your input.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000