Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 What is your strangest kundalini symptom?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  05:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi paralax
Agree with krcqimpro1, it most likely means the plumbing is not earthed, as it should be.
It also points to the potential for a dangerous electric shock if the leakage got greater.
Would suggest it be investigated for safety reasons by an electrition.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  07:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Possible but very unlikely that the plumbing is not earthed ('grounded' in the US). I'm a master electrician. It would happen also because of static, and the plumbing is the only thing tha IS earthed!
If it was an electrical problem caused by improper grounding of the plumbing it would continue to shock him as long as he touched it, not quickly go away.
Nothing wrong with having it checked of course, but you could check yourself for static; under the same conditions, instead of going to the sink, touch a metal part of something electrical - metal screw on the light switch or light fixture. You should get the same small static discharge. Then touch the plumbing, and there should be nothing.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 24 2009 07:58:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  8:58:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the responses all!! At least I know I won't get zapped everytime I hop into the shower

Krish, wasn't able to do the Shaktipat due to my schedule...how did it go for you??
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  9:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, I once didn't see a tree where there was one, but I think my eyes were playing tricks on me. I used to meditate in that tree, so that was... kinda weird.

Then there's the feeling of your brain splitting in half, that's always ermm... nice heh.

oh and, all the pretty colors that tie up into our good intentions, pretty pretty colors :) hehe. Gotta love the green unconditional stuff shooting out of the head :D. I must say, one can start feeling like a super hero when you start seeing that stuff heh.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  11:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Every once in a while when I meditate in my office I see these weird energy worms writhing around the lights. One time I reached towards them and they came down from the light into my fingers. It was a strange and uncomfortable sensation, so I stopped doing it and haven't tried it again. Other than some pretty wild kriyas and vivid dreams I haven't had to many unusual symptoms. I'm visiting Australia in two weeks to meet with Swami Shankranada, so it will be interesting to see what his Shaktipat does for me.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:15:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Every once in a while when I meditate in my office I see these weird energy worms writhing around the lights.

Do they look like electric sperm swimming around? I get that sometimes, but in my case I think it's from standing up too fast. Your worms sound a little different...
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, that's it exactly. Big heads and squiggly tails going all over the place. Strange stuff.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  11:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,

It was a good experience. Two ladies who recd. with me started "automatic kriyas" almost immediately. I didn't feel any different till this afternoon, when I too started feeling surges of "current" all over.

The next diksha date is 30th Sep. Suggest you try it.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome Krish, very glad it was beneficial for you. Got Sept 30th marked on the calendar. How long did you stop AYP practices for around the diksha?
Go to Top of Page

Jana

13 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My weirdest event was Sex with Eros.
An inner conjunction of 10,000 orgasms up the spine while paralyzed. With full sexual sensations, uterine contractions which actually felt like penetration—like I was having sex with a God, and I was the most divine Goddess imaginable. The kind of ultimate sublime sex one could never have with another human being. I have had several other inner conjunctions, but that was the most profound. The silver cord inner conjunction however was the most advanced (socalled).

Next morning after Sex with Eros I woke up in severe autonomic shock, white skin and all and not in my motorsensory body.
Go to Top of Page

onomatopoios

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  2:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit onomatopoios's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone, new member here! Hope you don't mind me posting two.

1) A loud blue light zapped in the room when I was already ready to doze off.
2) Painful, numb, or tingling fingers and toes.

The second symptom made me worry if it was diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Unsurprisingly my blood and urine turned out to be just fine. Afterwards it hit me that I just had to learn more trust in kundalini.

Edited by - onomatopoios on Mar 06 2009 2:06:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  03:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,

I was told I need not stop other practices, but leave a gap of 3 or 4 hours. I am told,after a time, these other practices will "drop off ", since the moment we sit for other practices, "automatic Kriyas" will take over and force you to stop other practices

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Mar 08 2009 07:55:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  07:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi onomatopoise, wow that's a mouthful
quote:
Hello everyone, new member here! Hope you don't mind me posting two.

1) A loud blue light zapped in the room when I was already ready to doze off.
2) Painful, numb, or tingling fingers and toes.

Firstly post as much as you like and welcome to the forum.

1) I experienced exactly the same thing years ago long before I was doing AYP practices, I was just dozing off on the sofa and I glanced at the clock, there was an audible crack, an electric blue flash and the clock stopped. It was probably some sort of energy transference don't worry about it just carry on with your practices. By the way is it AYP practices you are following?

2) This sounds like purification to me, again don't worry about it these things pass in time.

Let us know exactly what practices you are doing then we can help you more

Go to Top of Page

onomatopoios

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  1:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit onomatopoios's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi onomatopoise

Heh, first post and already got myself a nickname! Thank you for the welcome.

quote:
1) I experienced exactly the same thing years ago long before I was doing AYP practices, I was just dozing off on the sofa and I glanced at the clock, there was an audible crack, an electric blue flash and the clock stopped. It was probably some sort of energy transference don't worry about it just carry on with your practices. By the way is it AYP practices you are following?

This happened to me maybe a month ago. Everything seems to be working fine around here, though. No surges in electricity bills either.

When I first time read about this phenomenon in U.G. Krishnamurti's Mystique of Enlightenment, I was very skeptical. Of course much has changed since that time, even to the degree that some people have begun to think me as a nutjob and quack.

What I engage is highly compatible with the principles of AYP, but it's very irregularized. Everything I do happens only if there is "natural volition." No effort of any kind, just observing the body or surroundings. I've been "drifting" like this for a year, and it feels a nice smooth ride. No dramatic manifestations, but I've observed how my sense of limitedness (ego) has gradully vanished.

quote:
2) This sounds like purification to me, again don't worry about it these things pass in time.

Yea. It's freaky when something this dramatic turns in the first time.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  2:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi onomatopoios, there got it right this time

You still haven't said if you are following the AYP practices or what practices you are doing it would help us to help you if we knew

Go to Top of Page

onomatopoios

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  2:59:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit onomatopoios's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard,

Oops, let's fix omission that right now. Most of the time I just lie on my back (corpse pose) and tune in to everything I feel and think. It's a non-method really, but I find it working. Any pranayama that I do is there only because I feel a subtle desire to do it. Usually observance is enough to stimulate the energies that run up and down the spine.

For a few months now I've been toiling with a huge project that has taken much of my dedication, and recently I've come to feel as if my body is again nudging me to the direction of spiritual devotion and observance. This time it might be the time to engage in a more regularized form of practice: basic AYP program + sun salutations in the morning.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  11:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm... weirdest experience? By far the least pleasant was the feeling, energy and power of lightening flashing through my body from head to toe. Ugh. From the inside out. To this day I do not know what I did wrong to trigger those couple of episodes. And then there were a couple of week-long uber-migraines that I know I brought on myself from pushing through practice changes too quickly.

Some pleasant experiences though, such as the feeling that every cell vibrates with energy or the connectedness of all that is, or the joy of being. Being able to see the flow of energy from my fingertips in a dim room. Bliss, everywhere I look. The presence of the one who watches. The changes of how I view the world. The joy of service. I could go on with this one for a while...

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  08:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
For a few months now I've been toiling with a huge project that has taken much of my dedication, and recently I've come to feel as if my body is again nudging me to the direction of spiritual devotion and observance. This time it might be the time to engage in a more regularized form of practice: basic AYP program + sun salutations in the morning.

Sounds good to me just a little bit of advise here, start right at the beginning of the AYP Main Lessons and take it slowly its very important to self pace see here

Get straight back to us with any problems

Go to Top of Page

onomatopoios

23 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  10:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit onomatopoios's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Richard, I will keep the self-pacing on high priority.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2011 :  4:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Although this topic is pretty old, I was amazed to see that the spider is common...I know its all scenery but waking up seeing a huge spider vision on your ceiling, repeatedly... makes ya sometimes wonder about your sanity..Thanks for this one all
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  03:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by faileforever

Although this topic is pretty old, I was amazed to see that the spider is common...I know its all scenery but waking up seeing a huge spider vision on your ceiling, repeatedly... makes ya sometimes wonder about your sanity..Thanks for this one all

yea it's a relief over here as well!!i was wondering if i'm going slightly crazy.I've been seeing the spider for years.But suddenly it stopped by itself few months back...

Edited by - Delara on Apr 23 2011 03:51:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 01 2011 :  03:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A while back the plate sutures in my skull loosened and made cracking noises for a few weeks.

Now I have this small pointy region rearing up, in the vicinity of the saggital suture.

Supposedly this is not uncommon... hm. Who says that "meditation" is all wishful thinking;
I never wished for a pointy head!

Kev
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000