Shaktipat Advice?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  04:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't think that stopping ayp is very wise krish, i actually have an awakened kundalini and all that automatic yoga stuff is happening with me al the time and ayp is what's keeping me steady during my practice.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  06:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,

I agree with Ananda. You don't have to stop any current practices, but when you sit for this particular sadhana you needn't do anything but surrender to the divine Shakti. I recently did KAP with Santiago Dobles with good results...it made my normal meditations stronger. You will know when Shakti doesn't want you to continue a practice, i.e. you will be unable to continue it. You will feel incredibly saturated with energy and be absolutely compelled to just sit and let kriya happen.

I've been doing this siddha yoga for 5 1/2 years, and I have had most of the classic kriyas (vocalization, pranayamas, asanas, shaking, energy movements, etc). Some people have diverse kriyas, others will only manifest one or two, it's dependent on what impressions are being cleared. I recommend "A Guide to Shaktipat", by Swami Shivom Tirth. It's in Q/A format and answers most of the common questions about this sadhana.

Cheers,
Gordon
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  02:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satyalok, Thanks for sharing. Since you recd. shaktipath over 5 years ago, you must have made a lot of progress in the spiritual field. Could you share how your normal living has been impacted ? In terms of progress do you know upto what chakra your kundalini has risen ? As you are aware, rising to each chakra manifests in a different way. E.g., has it completely cured any chronic ailment; has your memory improved significantly ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  02:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda, thanks. As Satyalok says, I was also told that the automatic kriyas will take over and you will not be able to do "your own thing". How true is this, I wonder.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  05:29:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi krish, to some extent it gets wild sometimes but you still can do your practices.

i personally noticed automatic yoga happening a lot during the practice of yogani's samyama and over there it's pretty wilddddddddddddd

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  07:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Tks. How about sharing some of your extraordinary experience, after rise of kundalini ? What level of chakra have you reached ? Would be delighted to hear about it.
Krish
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  08:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi krish that would be scenery related concerning peak experiences and i've wrote of a few of them in the forums here and there you can check them out by looking into my profile.

but the steady experiences with me are rising inner silence and the presence of ecstatic conductivity who vary in their intensity during daily activity but are very powerful during my and always present during my daily session.

concerning the chakras i'm actually working on all of them via yogani's methods of going up and down through the sushumna, and i have some pretty active crown and third eye and an ecstatic blissful heart.

and there is some manifestation of siddhis everynow and then as well.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2009 :  11:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing, Ananda.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  11:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to wish everyone good luck tomorrow morning....

Also wanted to ask, albiet way too late, if it is ok to fast before receiving shaktipat...I stopped eating Friday morning and have been fasting in preperation. I feel great though which is wierd. Not hungry at all. Just wondering if there is any potential harm to doing this.

Also plan on snipping the frenulum directly before sitting to receive and am wondering if this is ok as well....am I going overboard with prep? Thanks for any and all advice, and good luck to everyone participating.

Namaste.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

skorpion63

India
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  01:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit skorpion63's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So 6 am has passed here in india.

I sat with a very open heart and mind at the designated time and followed all the procedures that were required.

As it was my first experience with shaktipat i did not know what to expect.I sat there observing the breath from 6 AM to 7 AM and did not notice anything different happen.

It was just the same as my daily mantra meditation.There were no automatic kriyas or paranayams, no surge of energy just the gentle journey into the calmness and silence that i make everyday with the AYP DM.

Love and peace to all :)
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  03:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,
As long as you are drinking enough water you should be fine. Dehydration is always a danger though when you fast. If you start to feel any stomach pain you should end the fast. Good luck with the shaktipat. I'm sure it will be a great experience.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  07:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi skorpian and all!

nothing happened here as well other than the usual, but i have a pretty active but balanced kundalini so maybe i can't be a good judge on the subject.

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone who sat for Shaktipath on 8th,

I, along with two ladies, sat in a room next to the one in which the Guruji was sitting to give Deeksha to everyone. This was in Rameswaram, a temple town, where Guruji is celebrating the anniversary of his Guru, Shri Lokanath teerth Maharaj, on 11th and 12th Feb.
On the 7th, when we met and spoke to him, he advised us to sit from 6 to 7 am, on 8th, with eyes closed and body held "completely loose", and just witness our breath.

For me nothing extraordinary happened, but for one lady, she felt warm currents flowing all over her body with swaying of the upper body throughout the session.( While she has been a devout person, she had not done much "practices" before this.
After the session, Guruji asked each one how we felt. He told us to keep a diary and each month, write to him telling him of our experience. He said for the other two of us that the "flow" would start in a few days for sure. The secret he said was to keep the body loose and allow Kundalini Mata to work on us. We should only sit and not attempt to do anything on our own.
Depending on our own respective "samskaras", Kriyas will start happening on their own !

As to whether we could do our usual practice, he said we may, even though there is no need. Gradually, he says, the automatic kriyas will take over the moment we sit for any other "sitting practice'.
For the two day celebration, there were around 800 "sadhakas" gathered there, all of whom had received Deekshas much earlier, many from this Guru, some from his Guru ( Lokanath Teerth), and some from Lokanath Teerth's Guru, way back over 50 years ago ! All of them have their kundalinis raised !
Guruji says it is important to develop faith in Kundalini Mata. Then things work faster. I am certainly giving it my best shot!
I would suggest to all of you who sat for the Deeksha, not to lose hope and give up, but persist with it. Surrender yourself completely to Kundalini Mata and see what happens.You have nothing to lose. I would also suggest that each one also writes on the 8th of each month marking the envelop " For the personal attention of Kakkaji Dekhane Maharaj", and share with him your experiences. He has promised to read each such letter. Better a hand-written letter, I think, than an e-mail!
There was this person sharing a room with me in the hotel I stayed in at Rameswaram. He was initiated 8 years ago. When he sat for sadhana everyday, I could see him doing automatic kriyas, the moment he closed his eyes. We accompanied the Guruji to the Ramanathaswamy temple everyday for "Darshan" and recitation of Slokas. The moment he uttered "Om" prayerfully folding his hands in front of the santum sanctorum, several of his sadhakas would go into brief trances, with automatic kriyas starting. I have therefore no reason to doubt the efficacy of the Deeksh and the Mahayoga path.
I wish all of you luck in this "effort", though Guruji says there is no longer any effort to be made on the part of the Sadhakas. I asked him if the effect would be the same on people sitting for Deeksha thousands of miles away, and he said distance will not matter, What matters is the need for total surrender, and sitting in a completely relaxed manner. We do not have to sit with our backs erect. In fact I saw not one of them sitting erect. They were all sitting stooped and comfortable, changing stance continually if necessary. He says sitting erect imposes strain on the body, and this will be counter-productive.
Nevertheless I plan to continue with AYP and let them "drop off" by themselves.

Krish

Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  06:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Krish!

My Guru required 3 days typically for an initiation, and devotees meditated all day. In that method people started kriya sooner. More meditation the better. As a rule I do at least 2 hours on rising...then maybe an hour or two later.

Keeping the back loose and not rigid is so important, glad you mentioned that. One of my kriyas actually straightens my spine rigidly and places me in siddhasana...so worry shouldn't be on keeping it straight to begin with. Any tension will impede progress.

Take up some pranayama or japa, it will help start kriyas as well.

Namaste,
Gordon
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  09:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Gordon. Like I said, I shall continue with AYP which includes Pranayam. Guruji also said I could continue to chant Gayatri Mantra.

I called the 2 ladies who stayed behind in Rameswaram for the Anniversary of Lokanath Teerth, and they tell me that out of the 800 people that sat for group meditation with the Guru, almost all of them had automatic kriyas going on all through the session. It all sounds too good to believe, but it also goes to show that if you seek genuinely, and if "your time has come", you find the right path and Guru.

I sincerely hope all the others that received Deeksha on 8th benefit from it.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Feb 12 2009 11:20:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  05:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satyalok,

re: your post on 3 feb. did you meditate for 7 hours at a stretch ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  05:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson Z and Parallax,

What was your experience on the 8th Feb. ? Could you share pl. I have posted mine yesterday.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  06:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krish,

We meditated 2-3hrs at a stretch then took breaks. We started at 4am in the morning (which I continued to do following shaktipat).

We are instructed also that it is okay to lay back during meditation if you feel compelled. You can enter yoga sleep (nidra) in that position, and kriyas will continue. I will also adjust my position frequently and if my legs hurt place them in front of me. Longer durations do not have to mean pain and exasperation.

Namaste,
Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to disagree a little with the "loose back" advice. The reason yogis always used to sit in full lotus (or half) is that it held their backs straight without making any effort. It is the effort that is a strain, not being straight. An easier way for modern people to hold the back straight is if you sit on a small cushion so that your knees are lower than your butt. This also straightens the back. But as Yogani says, you can just lean back on pillows and be relaxed.
If you sit cross-legged and slump your back it will put a strain on it even though you don't feel it at first. That's why doctors say sitting is more of a strain on your back than standing. It is because a straight spine has less strain.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Hi Carson Z
What was your experience on the 8th Feb. ? Could you share pl. I have posted mine yesterday.

No wild "experiences" other then a really deep meditation and some "flashing lights" type of stuff. At first wasn't sure that it worked. But having had a few days to reflect upon it I DO believe that it worked. Not in the way I had been told to expect, but I believe it had a subtle yet profound effect none the less. I feel much much more stable and present right now then I have ever before. On Tuesday I went through a bit of a forced "life and goal restructuring" which normally would have sent me into quite a funk, but it rolled off my back in a way I never thought would be possible for me. (amazed the hell outta a few others that know me as well) And there have been some synchronistic happenings since then that statistically could not be possible I'm pretty sure and I think this is in some way related to the Shaktipat as well. There have been many changes but all of them subtle, and none of them have been what I was told would happen. That's all good for me though. No more automatic kriyas then I normally get, no rush of energy up the spine, none of what was said would happen happened, which is why at first I thought it didn't work. But the way life has changed since then (only what...5 days?) is almost impossible to explain and I believe Shaktipat has had something to do with this. Perhaps I will explain in more detail later but for now I am happy to just witness life and not talk about it. Sorry.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  11:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZ,

Wow ! The changes must be really something even if subtle, and your observation must have been really keen to detect such changes and not attribute them to "coincidence". I sure would be delighted to hear of them if they are not too personal.
I have not noticed any changes in myself, but my conviction in this Guru has multiplied manifold after observing him for 4 days at close quarters. An epitome of simplicity, humility and other qualities you would associate with a truly great human being.

Hi Etherfish,

Thanks, but after observing this Guru and numerous others over the last week, my inclinination is to follow what I was advised and what I saw. I shall give it a try and can always revert if I see no success.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  02:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I am happy to just witness life and not talk about it.
Ditto.
Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  06:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krish,

If you are in India and have the opportunity to do more group meditation, it will be beneficial to you. If you are too far away from Sri Narayankaka's ashram, you might check into visiting the ashrams established by Swami Shivom Tirth. Here is a link to addresses and contact info:

http://www.shivomworld.com/ashrams/...s/index.html

Namaste,
Gordon
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  07:45:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Satyalok. I tried the link but could not get any addresses. I don't know what the problem is. I live in Chennai. Would be grateful for help in getting addresses.
i agree, it would be best to do a lot of group meditation, but Guruji is in Nasik, over a thousand miles away.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish....
quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

Wow ! The changes must be really something even if subtle, and your observation must have been really keen to detect such changes and not attribute them to "coincidence". I sure would be delighted to hear of them if they are not too personal.

The first thing I noticed Krish was an increased depth to my meditations. A depth I had not experienced except for a few times before. The second thing I noticed was a real increase in the amount of energy I have and a decrease in the amount of sleep I am able to get. I can't sleep more then 4 hours, (my body just won't do it) and I'm "buzzing" all day long despite. I can lay there and rest, but I usually end up having some intense energy experiences when I do, so I usually stay up and mobile until I am ready to sleep now. There have been many more changes along these lines, but they are all subtle as I said and not really worth talking about.

The forced restructuring of my life and goals was a bit more drastic. It is also a little bit of a long story. Like many of you know I have been offering AYP classes at the Drop In homeless shelter ("DI" from now on) I have been working at for some time now. My next set of classes was due to start this Sunday. Because of this I have been working with the in-house doctor at the DI in order to keep the program in alignment with the goals of the DI's "health and wellness" program. I was in intense discussions with the doctor and with the Program Director for most of the last week and weekend. On Monday I had a meeting with Administration in person. This was too close to Shakipat and thought hard about postponing. I was still "buzzing" and was not quite a "normal" human being yet at this point, and I really should have cancelled my meeting and my shift that evening as I felt almost like I was on hallucinogens or something. Anyways, I went into this meeting despite my better judgement because this was the only time to meet and the program was due to re-start in 6 days and I was running out of time. Right away administration could tell something was "off" about me. They started to grill me pretty badly and I was asked a question about my history. I told them all about my past...my drug use, my salvation, I didn't lie to them basically. (This information was freely given at the time of my hiring, but to the HR director not the administration) I could tell that this caught them offguard and made them feel uneasy. I thought they already knew basically where I had come from. Anyways...on Tuesday when I went into work I was called into the office and was told they had to let me go. They told me that the administration feared I was high risk for relapse and that I should have much more then 6 months of "sober time" before working in such an environment. This turned into a real opportunity to learn a lesson in surrendering to what is. I had thought I knew what God wanted me to do, but the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away right? And so he did. They told me that the loss of my job did not mean I couldn't still offer the meditation classes, but I still had to have more meetings with Administration before I was allowed to re-start the program. They are not returning my phone call or emails now. I'm pretty sure them firing me was a "washing the hands clean" type of manouver. I have let go of the need for answers and have let go of what I thought I was supposed to do as this is what happened and there is nothing I can do about it. The wonderful thing about this all is that when God closes a door he opens a portal. On Wednesday afternoon I got a phone call from the owner of the Sunshine Yoga Studio here in town. This is the local "raja" yoga studio and the owner is someone I had approached about AYP many many months ago. She asked if I would like to teach a special event "AYP Class" to see what kind of interest is out there. Of course I said I would love to. We are now working out the details of when, costs, etc. but it is a go should things all line up as they could. So, this may not have been a direct result of shaktipat, but I kinda see it as so. And I definitely see my reaction to what happened as a result of shaktipat. Normally I would have needed explanation after explanation and would have fought kicking and screaming the whole way out...especially over the Meditation Classes as I had a lot invested in these...but from the moment I realized what was happening a strange "calm" washed over me and I was able to witness the restructuring of my life and goals with "dispassionate excitement" as to what was going to happen next. This is NOT my normal character if the past is any indication of who I am. And before Sunday's shaktipat I don't think I could have ever even imagined a reaction to this situation like the one I had. So....yes the effects of shaktipat were subtle and totally not what I was told to expect, but it worked and I am glad I chose to partake.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Feb 13 2009 12:39:57 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000