New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  3:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice to give on the subject of how to prepare for shaktipat. I have two weeks and two days to prepare and am wondering how best to spend my time. (I have the day of it and the day before it off of all work to prepare FYI)

Thanks in advance.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 27 2009 07:31:34 AM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  07:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Before seeing Amma this fall....there was a strong pull to "prepare" for that encounter. All of heart wanted to meet all of her....

As it turned out.....it was very simple...:

Dropping this intention into the shine......simply just..like in Samyama....let this question release itself into silence. And think no more of it. It is simmering in the shine....

Then simply live alertly. Life will provide you with whatever situation it finds necessary....it has already done this.....it will continue to do this. Just stay calm.....practise normally with self-pacing the way you already do.....rest......enjoy.....eat normally healthy and regularly......and know that that which brings you into Shaktipat will also take care of the preparation. The preparation....is the same as receiving it.....it is being open to whatever happens.

Expect nothing....just honor every day...... being present.

In the same way...when going to receive Shaktipat....stay present....not makeing it into a "big deal" for the mind to occupy itself with.

Let it go.....so that you can simply receive it.......as you already are

Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  10:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson!!

I was supposed to receive shaktipat a few months ago, and the advice they gave me was to get a good night's sleep the night before and then the day of shaktipat to fast if possible to keep the body "light" and more receptive to the flow of energy. That, and everything Katrine said above

If you don't mind me asking, who are you receiving shaktipat from?

Good luck and lots of Love
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  10:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice Katrine and Parallax!

I am reciving Shaktiat into Kundalini Maha Yoga or Siddha Yoga as advertised here http://mahayoga.org/DeekshaForm.htm. It is not by guru's touch or word, only by guru's intention, so I don't know what to expect. This group is doing a "mass" shaktipat on Feb 8th at 6am, and they take your name and location and give you some guidlines to follow the day of. I really try to have no expectations, but I would love to have the "classic" shaktipat type experience. Who knows what will happen. Thanks for the advice friends.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

I am also scheduled to receive "Shaktipata" from the same "Guru" as you-Kaakaaji Maharaj Dekhane, who is 82 years old and who is in the lineage of Gurus authorised to give "Shaktipata -Deeksha" to everybody, free of charge, and even at remote distances. He lives in their ashram in Nashik, in India, and travels around the country giving deeksha to anybody who wants.
On the 8th Feb. he will be in Rameswaram, a place of pilgrimage on the bottom most tip of India. I went and met him in Pune recently. He is so easily accessible. I spent 2 hours talking to him, alone. I am planning to go to Rameswaram and receive "Deeksha" sitting before him.
When you e-mailed to them requesting for Deeksha, they must have sent you a response including an attachment that gives you instructions for the deeksha day.I have been in continual touch with them, and they have asked me to prepare for the deeksha, by performing what they call, "Poorvabhyas", or preparatory practices, before the deeksha day. In addition to any other practice, like AYP, that you might be doing at present, they suggest you do a minimum of 18 minutes of meditation, of the mantra-less breath-watching type, twice everyday. You need not give up any other rituals you may be following, like prayers, japa, etc.They highly recommend Gayatri Mantra recitatation, 108 times everyday, if you can. They also recommend daily reading of at least one verse of the Bhagwat-Geeta. If you are a christian, I suppose you could read the Bible, or some other similar scripture.
They say that after the Deeksha, if you sit for meditation at the appointed time each day, depending on your "poorva-karma", you will automatically atart doing all the asanas, mudras, bandhas and pranayama, that are specifically suited to you. After Deeksha, you are not to "do" anything yourself, except sit for the "sadhana". They say that with some people, the automatic yoga starts immediately, while for others it may take a week or a month or longer. You are to completely "surrender" to Mother Kundalini, and completely relax when sitting for the sadhana everyday.
I hope this info. is of use to you. Should you need any other clarification, pl. feel free to email me, and I could check with them.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  11:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Make sure you post how the experience is, I'd love to know the effects. I was supposed to receive Diksha from Pilot Baba, who was visiting the US from India about 6 months ago. But the day of, they sent an e-mail around saying the program had been canceled (giving no reason). Needless to say I was a bit disappointed , but shortly after that day I "stumbled" upon the AYP site and life has gotten better every day since. <thanks, Yogani>

Perhaps I wasn't ready for Shaktipat at the time, but if I had to choose I'll take AYP and Yogani all day long. I'm sure another Shaktipat opportunity will come along for me if I'm supposed to have it. If not I'm content to let go and let God...

Are you still planning the meditation center at the Shelter? Have you gotten the AYP books for it yet?

By the way, Katrine, I saw Amma in the US about a year ago, had no expectations for it and it was an amazing experience. She truly radiates love.

Peace & Namaste,
Matt
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2009 :  2:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krish,

Thanks for all the info! Muchly appreciated and totally what I was looking for....Thank you. I did receive a set of instructions for the day of, but not much at all in the way of preparing the weeks and months before. What you have said is of great help.

Matt,

There are 2 seperate meditation groups at the Homeless shelter, 1 for staff and 1 for clients. The staff one is still very loosely organized, but the "pilot" test group for clients has ended and we are officially starting the new classes on Feb 15th. 1 week after the Diksha date. There are 20 people per class, and the first class is called "Level 1" in which they will learn DM and maybe a few mudras and bandhas depending on how the people react to the classes. After these 20 people have finished Level 1 they will be allowed to take the Level 2 classes where they can learn SBP and then we sign 20 new clients up for a new Level 1 class. Each class lasts for 8 weeks. I have ordered 20 DM books, 1 to give to each participant, and I will also use a few excerpts from the Easy Lessons book on occasion also. I have some decent "lesson plans" already drawn up for each of the 8 classes in Level 1 and things look like they will go really smoothly. If not, it will be a wonderful learning experience I'm sure.
Will let you all know how Shaktipat unfolds on the 8th. Thanks again everyone!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,
If you like you too can request for Diksha on 8th Feb. You just need to go to their website and follow directions to apply. iT IS QUITE SIMPLE.
Krish
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
347 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2009 :  5:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krish,

Thank you for the info, it is very helpful. It can be a bit difficult finding somebody in the US you feel truly comfortable receiving Diksha from, this may be just the answer! I appreciate it very much...

Peace & Namaste,
Matt
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  01:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parallax,

From all reports I hear about this Kakaji Maharaj, his Shaktipat seems to be really working. The only problem for people from other countries may be the restraint required in terms of avoiding meat, eggs, onion and garlic in your food. I wish you good luck.

Krish
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  10:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZ,

I forgot to add: When you sit for Shaktipata on 8th Feb. 6.00 am, you need to ensure that the place where you sit is not cramped. If the shaktipat brings on "automatic Yoga" as is likely to happen I am told, you should have enough space around you.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  11:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes thank you Krish.....In the instructions it asked us to sit on a 6'x6' wollen or thick blanket with a white cloth/sheet on top. I figured this was because automatic yoga could happen and I may need space. I also re-oriented my altar to face north (as asked) and have quit using all drugs (including ganja) and will abide by all the food and other guidelines as well. Thank you very much for all your kind information and guidance....muchly appreciated!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Neptune

99 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Neptune's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Isn't this rather far fetched to get shaktipat without being in the same room,(to say nothing of same continent), and being atleast touched or hugged by the person doing the shaktipating? Isn't this a bunch of baloney? Maybe placebo effect? Besides, who needs shaktipating of any sort. Just open yourself up. Awaken!
N
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well N,

I personally want to find out how effective "remote" shaktipat can be, hence why I am participating. I have no expectations, so what does it matter? It's free! (That rhymed in a wierd way. I'm so awesome)

"Just open yourself up. Awaken!"

Oh is that all I have to do? Should be simple then!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 26 2009 1:13:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i signed in too since it's for free, just want to see if these guys are the real deal bcz the story about the same timing for everyone is out of the usual for example Carson is from the US and i am from Lebanon and we are both supposed to recieve the Shakti at the same time. Makes me wonder

but concerning individual remote Shaktipat, i believe in that totally and i speak that out of personal experience with the subject.

by the way something i know about Shaktipat is that it's not for the one who is giving it to send it to the sadhaka it just comes from the guru within and tells the person hey this guy is ready just try and reach him and then when there is reaction poof it just happens like magic.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  2:30:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

I live in Canada not the US. I know it doesn't matter but that is like calling a Kiwi an Auzzie. Not nice.

And you know that you follow the time specified in your OWN timezone right? So you and I will NOT be recieving shaktipat at the same time. If you are 10 hours ahead of me then you will recieve it 10 hours before I will. I too have wondered about how the "guru" plans on giving shaktipat to as many people as he is, all at the same, or close to the same, time. But what I figured is this: They have our addresses right? So it can be easy to pinpoint our exact locations at the time specified correct? And I assume that the guru is probably going to spend all day in "shaktipat" mode (whatever you would call that) following down a list of names and addresses for each time zone. But the fact that Krish is receiving shaktipat in person from the same guru, on the same day, confuses me a little I must say. I half figured that this guru would spend most of his day alone and concentrating on sending out shaktipat, but what do I know???? Sweet nothing, so.....I'm just talking out my butt. (as usual, haha)

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 26 2009 2:39:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  3:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oops sorry about that Carson\kiwi, will never make that mistake again.

if the same guy is going to stay all day long giving Shakti then.... but all is possible you know!

i've personally seen a lot of weird things happening to an extent where i don't shut the door on anything but instead i leave it to experience.

so let's wait and see and then we could compare experiences here.

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Jan 26 2009 3:08:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  3:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and concerning the timing Carson i meant the same thing you said in your reply.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  3:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

oops sorry about that Carson\kiwi, will never make that mistake again.

You know it's no big deal to me, but with some of us Canadians....if you call us Americans you might get a bit of a beating!

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

if the same guy is going to stay all day long giving Shakti then.... but all is possible you know!
i've personally seen a lot of weird things happening to an extent where i don't shut the door anything but instead i leave it to experience.
so let's wait and see and then we could compare experiences here.

You got it Bro! Anything you can dream up is possible, so never shut the door on anything. The Teacher can pop up in the oddest of places and circumstances. I would love to compare once it is over. We shall wait and see.....Good luck!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  4:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God has no need of time, it was invented by man. Shaktipat will be given by intent so if the guru intends a time factor then it will be so.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  5:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear riptiz, time is a process we human use to organise our lifes.

but still these guys have mentioned a specific time for each person to sit in and recieve some of that good old Shakti. i hope i don't overload
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  5:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but using Sankalpa(intent) answers everything and simplifies many things.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

skorpion63

India
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  03:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit skorpion63's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just registered for this shaktipat on the 8th.

Although i still don't get it how it can be given to thousands of people at thousands of different locations on the same time by just a single person but i will go into it with a completely open mind.

Let's see how it goes.This is going to be my first experience with shaktipat ever,so i really don't know what to expect.

Love and peace
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  07:31:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

satyalok

12 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  8:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit satyalok's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My mother got this diksha back in July, and her kriyas started a couple of days BEFORE the date. I urged her to begin the habit of sitting an hour each day and observing her breath/thoughts. She is still meditating now, which is the most consistent she's been her whole life.

I am in a branch of the same "mother" lineage as Sri Narayankaka (via Swami Shivom Tirth). I was initiated in person, but my guru also did remote initiations. I meditated for 7 hrs the first day..then kriyas started the following. The more meditation you can do to begin with will help activate them.

Cheers,
Gordon

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  12:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satyalok(Gordon),

Would you like to share your experience so far after receiving "Diksha" ? I understand, once you are initiated and Kundalini starts rising and automatic Kriyas start, you have only to sit for "sadhana" every morning, and not actually voluntarily "do" anything yourself. This means we will have to stop AYP, etc. Is this what you are doing? What experiences have you had ? It would be very helpful if you could share.

Krish
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000