Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Electric shock on third eye
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nfgodinho

Portugal
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  8:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit nfgodinho's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello dear friends,

I have been practicing the 20min meditation for 2 months now and have recently added 5min pranayama to my twice daily practice. Most times I don't feel nothing extraordinary although I am quite confident that a lot is happening on the inside.

But about two weeks ago, after around 15min of meditation I felt/heard a very explicit and vivid electric show sound on my third eye. The shock was felt as if happening outside, on the surface of my skin.

Right after this shock all sounds around me became like they were very far away and my mind went into a totally new "mode" which was extremely confortable and it felt like I could stay there forever. Unfortunately I didn't have that opportunity because I had someone waiting for me and so I had to come out of there after some minutes.

Where did I go?! What happened there?

Although I am aware that I shouldn't get attached to these emotional experiences during the practice, I am curious as to the nature of this event since it is so specific. Does it mean anything in particular? Was it just my imagination (hard to believe since I wasn't expecting it at all)?

Thank you!
Nuno

Edited by - nfgodinho on Sep 28 2005 10:49:20 AM

quickstudy

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  11:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit quickstudy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi:

You might check lesson 92 at http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
While not exactly the same experience, it does give a good view on how to regard inner experiences during practices.

See also "Scenery (visions, energy experiences, etc.)" in the topic index for more perspectives on inner experiences that can come up. http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html
A cousin is "Automatic Yoga (and movements)," which can also be found in the topic index.

It is all part of the process of purification, with those glimpses between the clouds happening from time to time. Very real ... not imaginary. If we keep practicing, eventually, no more clouds...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000