Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 The chest, the iron dust and the magnet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  04:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The love was streaming....like an unbroken sound....all through the night. The body woke up about 5:15 this morning.......and the chest was the empty doorway I saw in the lucid dream the other night. It was thick with love and the room was full of it.

I have seen this before.....in meditation......how there is a golden/yellow togetherness of light in the chest....and how the rays go from it.....all around the torso......from the back, the front...all around. The body really is not. All is light. The rays are also unbroken and I cannot see an end to them.

At work - when the mind is used so much....yesterday I took many, many breaks (lasting a few seconds each)......in order to understand how the identification happens. All the thoughts are no problem. It is only when there is particular interest in some of them that something else is taking place. I let it happen yesterday........and this is what it appears to be like:

When there is strong interest......the attention acts like a magnet. It draws certain familiar thoughts to itself. And these thoughts form a certain pattern. Just like the dust of iron. You know....when you have a white piece of paper.....and the magnet is invisible on the other side of it....yet it draws all the iron dust to itself. It sort of forms around a center that is empty. That is the pattern....the feeling of "i". Yet the center is nothing but the presence of the attention (magnet) on the other side of the paper. Yet all you see - what you take to be real - is the pattern of iron dust. The paper and the magnet is overlooked.

Anyway - yesterday.......after having allowed the pattern to form, it is again evident that this pattern that I have thought myself to be, it seems to be located in the chest. I have felt this strongly before.....that the feeling of the personal i is somehow located in the chest. The iron dust pattern....this contraction.....is near the sternum in the chest. And covers the little portal to the right of it (that i have spoken of elsewhere in the forum...can't remember where now)

All the years I have inquiered into "who am I"........I could never find it. It always seemed to slip away when looked at. It is still nothing.....but yesterday.......I stayed very still while the contraction happened......and I noticed how "difficult" it is to stay still when I am close to this contraction in the chest. All of the mind wants to run from it......the mind will think of a thousand ways to distract.......and the contraction itself is very uncomfortable. This is the coughing...the mucus-like feeling in the chest ...or the feeling of being asthmatic.....that was here for many years. The contraction is almost suffocating because of the resistance to the "being found out as nothing".

But when I stayed with it......I continued the watching of it........and then the iron dust simply scattered.......the pattern dissolves when the attention that held it there (the magnet) is used (drawn away from the other side of the paper) to look at it instead.........and the chest is rendered completely open. Nothing is inside or outside...all is the same.

All is white.

All other thoughts, ideas and images are attracted to the magnet through the first appearing of the "chore pattern" of the personal i. Thus the whole sheet of paper can be filled up with iron dust. But if the central pattern is seen......the "all else" falls away too. The crux is always the attention/awareness/magnet itself. And it is this that we dip ourselves in when we meditate.

Yesterday evening the love streamed and streamed.......just like the unbroken sound of the full F that is always heard.....

And sitting there...just being myself.....the love somehow made the Ajna open. And the striking blue/violet colour that sometimes comes when I play the flute.....it is associated with the Ajna. It started with the appearing of the star......the white pinpoint of light that can widen to be the size of the moon......I don't go there.....I rest where I am....in Heart. But the knowingness in the Ajna is the striking blue/violet colour. And yet all is because of the heart source. All somehow takes place here. And yet nothing really happens here....it is such a paradox.

So it seems that resting in the Heart is what opens all the rest of it.....that all the other chakras are one and the same opening.

So....
These last 6 months that I will be working in the office......it is a perfect arena for being able to rest as myself no matter what. Now that I understand how it all comes about......I will catch myself before the iron dust has time to establish itself. If I can stay as myself in these surroundings - then I will gradually adapt to greater challenges. Because - luckily - *laughing*......as it turns out.... the mind is after all greatly attracted to its own rest.

How wise life is!

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  11:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
All other thoughts, ideas and images are attracted to the magnet through the first appearing of the "chore pattern" of the personal i. Thus the whole sheet of paper can be filled up with iron dust. But if the central pattern is seen......the "all else" falls away too. The crux is always the attention/awareness/magnet itself. And it is this that we dip ourselves in when we meditate.

This is exactly in line with the teachings of Ramana Maharshi. His practices involved contemplating the "i" thought until the source was found and resting there. Whenever I have undertaken this practice, "i" always comes to emanate from the center of the chest and when "i" dissolves there is just the sense of being. This sense of being is what has lead me to the recognition of the very same being in all there is, I am That as it is said, that sense of it all being One, the oneness sense that comes from the heart.

quote:
And sitting there...just being myself.....the love somehow made the Ajna open. And the striking blue/violet colour that sometimes comes when I play the flute.....it is associated with the Ajna. It started with the appearing of the star......the white pinpoint of light that can widen to be the size of the moon......I don't go there.....I rest where I am....in Heart. But the knowingness in the Ajna is the striking blue/violet colour. And yet all is because of the heart source. All somehow takes place here. And yet nothing really happens here....it is such a paradox.

I see that white pinpoint of light randomly throughout the day as well as in lucid dreams and sitting practices. I have gone there or at least tried to and if the path isn't clear enough it can feel awful. I recently had some intense clearing in the Ajna, but have not had the opportunity to try going there again since. I also associate that blue/ violet color with Ajna.

I wish I could read about this somewhere, it would be helpful. I don’t want to make any mistakes while exploring, there can be consequences!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  07:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew

quote:
This is exactly in line with the teachings of Ramana Maharshi. His practices involved contemplating the "i" thought until the source was found and resting there. Whenever I have undertaken this practice, "i" always comes to emanate from the center of the chest and when "i" dissolves there is just the sense of being.

Yes!
You know - I have his book "Talks". It is always lying on the kitchen table. I have it there because of the picture on the front cover....his face...his eyes. Just one look at it is enough.....

But I laugh at myself....because I read this book many times several years ago......yet it took me all this long to actually implement the teaching in it. I didn't understand it back then, see. I couldn't "catch" the I. I didn't understand what the "I" was. So I thought no more of it. But though I didn't think about this practise for years, what I read there concerning this must have lay dormant inside....ready to come to use when I was ripe for it. Now - this practise is easy. It came of itself because of the presence in the room.

quote:
I see that white pinpoint of light randomly throughout the day as well as in lucid dreams and sitting practices. I have gone there or at least tried to and if the path isn't clear enough it can feel awful. I recently had some intense clearing in the Ajna, but have not had the opportunity to try going there again since. I also associate that blue/ violet color with Ajna.

I wish I could read about this somewhere, it would be helpful. I don’t want to make any mistakes while exploring, there can be consequences!

Yes....I guess this is why I don't feel drawn to go there. Maybe I am not ready for the impact. But also.....when resting as heart....nothing is lacking. There is absolute contentment.....and I see.....I love....even in great pain the resting is fully possible. I experience that I am not the feelings. I cry - and I experience that nobody is crying. All is allowed now! I can let my human nature be completely as it is! The feelings are just here...they belong to noone in particular. So why would I need to go out the Ajna door? I trust that the Ajna will fully open by itself.....that the opening will widen along with the resting as heart.

Yogani:

How do you feel about this exploring that Andrew is talking about? Are there written materials on it? Is it safe to explore?

Andrew - thanks for reminding me of Ramanas book
I have read many of the paragraphs many times (every time with greater understanding).....but I will read all of it again now.

PS. I am glad you are careful with yourself

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  11:40:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

quote:
Anthem wrote: I see that white pinpoint of light randomly throughout the day as well as in lucid dreams and sitting practices. I have gone there or at least tried to and if the path isn't clear enough it can feel awful. I recently had some intense clearing in the Ajna, but have not had the opportunity to try going there again since. I also associate that blue/ violet color with Ajna.

Yes....I guess this is why I don't feel drawn to go there. Maybe I am not ready for the impact. But also.....when resting as heart....nothing is lacking. There is absolute contentment.....and I see.....I love....even in great pain the resting is fully possible. I experience that I am not the feelings. I cry - and I experience that nobody is crying. All is allowed now! I can let my human nature be completely as it is! The feelings are just here...they belong to noone in particular. So why would I need to go out the Ajna door? I trust that the Ajna will fully open by itself.....that the opening will widen along with the resting as heart.

Yogani:

How do you feel about this exploring that Andrew is talking about? Are there written materials on it? Is it safe to explore?

Hi Katrine and Anthem:

As we know, the way is a letting go, not a doing. It is always safe to explore letting go, guided by prudent self-pacing. One of the most reliable and safest ways to do this is to favor our practice over our experience (in this case, spinal breathing).

If all that sounds like paradox, it is. Doing without doing. Stillness in action. "Unpractice" -- the Zen of yoga.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  11:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thanks for your reply to Katrine's post, it makes perfect sense to me.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  11:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

quote:

Hey, Anthem, don't do this. It's not good. I can tell that something is bothering you that you want to get off of your chest. So just come out and say it to the person with only pure intentions and you'll feel better about it.

Hi Vil,

Thanks for your post, but I have to admit to being a little confused about what you are referring to? I'm not sure you were following the above thread completely, but what I was talking about was traveling out Ajna during OBE's and lucid dreams or in sitting practices. So not sure which "person" I should say something to and about what nor do I understand what you mean by misuse of the senses?

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  10:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

Hi Yogani,

Thanks for your reply to Katrine's post, it makes perfect sense to me.

Hi Anthem:

Cosmic samyama is another practice that expands our perception in stillness beyond this body and this dimension of time and space, though not in a singular direction like spinal breathing does in sushumna/ajna, root to brow and beyond.

All of the AYP practices do it in one way or other. Then we gradually find ourselves living IT naturally, with no striving necessary. It becomes a natural outpouring of divine love, rather than a striving to go in. The essence of freedom in all realms is found in this non-striving outpouring, even as we favor the means of producing that condition. We don't have to go There. IT is coming here. IT is already here. Paradox strikes again.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2008 :  9:07:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Anthem:

Cosmic samyama is another practice that expands our perception in stillness beyond this body and this dimension of time and space, though not in a singular direction like spinal breathing does in sushumna/ajna, root to brow and beyond.

I would love to do this practice and used to but had to give it up as I wasn't able to sleep very well at night when doing it during my regular sessions. The little I do can easily put me over, so I have to be careful and self-pace the practices.

quote:
We don't have to go There. IT is coming here. IT is already here. Paradox strikes again.

Funny I don't see "It is already here" as a paradox at all.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000