AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Pulsating Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  3:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I wonder if any of you feel this. Lately the energy feelings I had in my body have changed in quality. Now, usually, I feel an energy with a pulsating quality. It is as if waves were washing over my body (it is both inner and outside) at regular intervals. It also feels like pumping. It is not clear where it originates but it seems to be from the abdomen area and then it spreads, mainly upwards and to the sides, as if pumping through my energy field, or channels. Is it some sort of cleasing or opening? Will it smooth out with time? I recently been trying spinal breathing pranayama again and I noticed that it is not so unconfortable in the neck and head area as before (I used to feel pressure building in the head and it was very unconfortable) so it makes me think that obstructions are dissolving. I also felt clear sensations in the top of my head (exactly the point in the "corner" of your crown, it is called bindu I think?) when doing SBP this time.

This pulsating of energy is felt anytime I allow my self and body to relax so it can happen in bed at night or during SBP and meditation. It is not unpleaseant, almost like if you have a heart inside you that spreads its vibrations to all corners of your energy field (or something like that )

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello YogaIsLife,

I was reading the following post from mimirom and saw your reply which led me here.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5128

What you describe there and here in this post is exactly what i have been experiencing and wanted to ask the forum about.

Its with me for months now and as you say when i just relax my body or mediate, i feel it. This must have been started after hatha yoga classes i took last summer in 2008. Other than that I didn't do any practice except just sitting and being aware inside and outside of the body. I was doing it whenever i have time during the day. Currently i do only twice a day 20mins. DM.

So i just wanted to ask you how it has been with you during this last year? Were you able to identify it if its kind of purification, overload or?

I was really happy to see your post here. Thank you in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  12:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you feel this. Lately the energy feelings I had in my body have changed in quality. Now, usually, I feel an energy with a pulsating quality. It is as if waves were washing over my body (it is both inner and outside) at regular intervals. It also feels like pumping. It is not clear where it originates but it seems to be from the abdomen area and then it spreads, mainly upwards and to the sides, as if pumping through my energy field, or channels. Is it some sort of cleasing or opening? Will it smooth out with time? I recently been trying spinal breathing pranayama again and I noticed that it is not so unconfortable in the neck and head area as before (I used to feel pressure building in the head and it was very unconfortable) so it makes me think that obstructions are dissolving. I also felt clear sensations in the top of my head (exactly the point in the "corner" of your crown, it is called bindu I think?) when doing SBP this time.

This pulsating of energy is felt anytime I allow my self and body to relax so it can happen in bed at night or during SBP and meditation. It is not unpleaseant, almost like if you have a heart inside you that spreads its vibrations to all corners of your energy field (or something like that )

Hi YogaIsLife,
About a year ago, when I was meditating on a very quiet farm, I started to hear a drum beat. It sounded like it was coming from outside, about 300 yards away, to the right and from behind my right ear. I asked the owner of the farm if there was some kind of machinery or something that was making the noise. She didn't know. After a few meditations of hearing the drum beat (it is a low, steady even kind of "thump... thump.. thump..") I checked outside the farm house and could not find anything. It started driving me crazy!

After a few months, all of a sudden I started hearing the drum beat at home during meditations! Then I started to wonder if it was my own heart beat. I spent some time checking my physical heart and watching the drum beat, and sometimes it was coordinated, but sometimes it wasn't! Then I searched the internet and found some writings about twin hearts. Apparently, we also have an etheric heart which pumps prana through the etheric body. Perhaps this is what I am hearing and perhaps this is what you've discovered. Incidentally, I only hear this drum beat when I really relax and am sitting in perfect posture.

I think you've discovered the twin etheric heart. :)

TI
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  1:27:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot TI! Yes, that sounds accurate. I don't much 'hear' the thumping though but I definitely feel it, and it definitely feels like it is pumping energy at regular intervals. I wrote this post some time ago and I haven't experienced it so strong since, but it is still there. And you are right, it is more noticeable if I am still, relaxed, and in a good posture. Maybe it is the prana heart! :) Whatever it is it is doing it's thing beautifully :)
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  08:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kaserdar,

I am really sorry for the (very) late reply by the way! I only saw it now...but I am really happy to find someone with the same experience.

Well, you ask me if it got better or how it evolved. I still feel it often, exactly how I described it above, and, like yourself, it happens as I meditate, physically relaxed but still, alert and in a good posture. I, like you described yourself, also don't use any special meditation technique but "just sitting and observing whatever comes into attention without attachment or repulsion" (great description hein? :))

Actually I wrote about some recent experiences with this "energy" here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7130

The energy is still there, working in the backgroung sort to speak, but I feel it more if I am still, relxed and meditating. Somehow, besides a pulsating and wave like quality, it also seems to have a prefered down to top movement. It feels kind of like I am in the middle of a colourless and not burning flame - this is to try and describe what its movement often feels like. It is as if it is washing through my body, inside and outside. There is definitely a current, and definitely energetic.

A funny thing (will sound weird as well) I've noticed through the years: if I let my hair and beard grow it seems to make this current stronger). I've always noticed that a "problem area" of mine is the neck/head (like there are blocks and/or energy "holes" there), and somehow this energy seems to want to make the body-energy-field whole again. It is like working in the background, similarly in the way blood rushes to affected areas to heal/oxygented them. I feel, over the years and months, that this current is becoming at the same time smoother and stronger. I am pretty sure this is due to my meditation practice, that smoothes the flow, thus increasing its intensity and the level at which it can run through the system.

Hope this helps! Please tell me about your experiences with it. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
A funny thing (will sound weird as well) I've noticed through the years: if I let my hair and beard grow it seems to make this current stronger).

I have read and heard that long hair and beard increases prana levels in your body.So...do self pace with your hair and beard.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 27 2010 11:46:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:54:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YIL,

Just wanted to ask you since you said you just sit and watch while meditating - do you do sambhavi mudra with that? And what kind of experiences have you had? Like you, i decided not to do Deep Meditation I AM mantra or any concentration practice other than keeping aware so as not to fall asleep. Just watching everything. I haven't actually practiced this yet but it occurred to me that if i did sambhavi mudra and had devotional thoughts to God that i might have a better meditation. Really, to me it makes no difference if i mentally intone a mantra because the thoughts themselves will become "fuzzy" anyway. So long as my awareness is there, i see no problems with this approach.

Another question for you. You said you felt pressure building in your head. I used to get that aswell and i believe for me it was due to bad lifestyle and anxiety. It would build up around the back of the head and move towards the crown. My head just felt numb lol. I often had to stop meditating because a shock would pass through my head, out my eyes, and it just hurt bad. I remember the last time that happened my head felt like a blown fuse for 2 days. Anyway, i just wondered what your experience of that was like?

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have read and heard that long hair and beard increases prana levels in your body.So...do self pace with your hair and beard.

Well that's it for me then I'm bald
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  12:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

quote:

Well that's it for me then I'm bald

LOL! I am bald at the top of the head too! No difference though...

Hi Gumpi:

quote:
Just wanted to ask you since you said you just sit and watch while meditating - do you do sambhavi mudra with that? And what kind of experiences have you had? Like you, i decided not to do Deep Meditation I AM mantra or any concentration practice other than keeping aware so as not to fall asleep. Just watching everything. I haven't actually practiced this yet but it occurred to me that if i did sambhavi mudra and had devotional thoughts to God that i might have a better meditation. Really, to me it makes no difference if i mentally intone a mantra because the thoughts themselves will become "fuzzy" anyway. So long as my awareness is there, i see no problems with this approach.

No, I don't do sambhavi mudra. At least not on purpose. Sometimes it happens though.

I don't do anything on purpose. I try to keep a stable and erect posture and be still and alert. My attention will naturally be drawn towards whatever appears in my awareness (like buddhist say, like passing clounds in the sky). I do believe however the many months of ayam mantra meditation were very useful in developing focus and on me now being able to "just sit and be quiet and alert". I do come back to the bretah now and then if I feel I am getting lost in thought. Then I just easy rest as I am. The experiences vary, but usually I feel great relaxation and alertness at the same time. It is very refreshing/invigorating. Seems like opposing directions (relaxation and alertness) but in fact they compensate and promote each other, if done in a proper way.

quote:
Another question for you. You said you felt pressure building in your head. I used to get that aswell and i believe for me it was due to bad lifestyle and anxiety. It would build up around the back of the head and move towards the crown. My head just felt numb lol. I often had to stop meditating because a shock would pass through my head, out my eyes, and it just hurt bad. I remember the last time that happened my head felt like a blown fuse for 2 days. Anyway, i just wondered what your experience of that was like?

I wouldn't really describe it as "pressure building in the head". It is a bit more complicated than that, and hard to explain. The only think I can say is that it is definitely energy blocks in neck/head. Their nature, cause, etc. are hard to pinpoint. Anxiety can, of course, have somethign to do with it, as other things have. I see it as if it were any other physical trauma: if you have tension or constriction somewhere, blood will not flow very well in that area. The same for energy.

Hope this is helpful. But remeber that only practice, and finding your own motivation and practice routine can make it work.All the rest is just talk.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  4:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey YIL,

Your description of what you practice almost exactly tallies with mine. I did practice breath awareness along with a mantra for years before trying I AM mantra. But both gave me the necessary concentration experience as a kind of warm up. Yes and watching the clouds go by is same with me. One book i found particularly interesting and informative in this regard was "mindfulness in plain english". I think that was the title of the book. It could have been "meditation in plain english" though. Lots of good pointers in there.

It's interesting that sambhavi happens by itself, isn't it? I believe there is some kind of magnetic pull in the back of the brain which attracts the eyes and tongue towards it. No doubt the early yogis found this and lots of other experiences which enabled them to map out milestones and techniques.

Energy blocks in the head and neck is a good explanation, whether that be pranic or blood. I guess i will never really truly know unless i meet some kind of guru. Speaking of which, i am off to India tomorrow for a holiday. Hopefully if i travel to calcutta (mainly staying in Goa) to meet my friend i may have some chance of meeting some gurus. I have no idea where to look though. And they say that meeting a genuine master is highly unlikely.

Yeah ok i get the dig about talk
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  4:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey gumpi!

Good, it seems then we are in similar pages in regards to practice, thanks for the book reference. I understand what you mean about sambahvi as well, it might be so. And I get about energy blocks, I spent years trying to cope/understand with what was happening to me. Thank god meditation (I started with AYP) was THE remedy I was needing. But sometimes I am like you - I wish I'd meet this "super-special" person that was able to see or feel right through my blocks. But well, the most reliable source I found to date is still inside of me!

Hope you find what you are looking for in India. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  6:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Speaking of which, i am off to India tomorrow for a holiday. Hopefully if i travel to calcutta (mainly staying in Goa) to meet my friend i may have some chance of meeting some gurus. I have no idea where to look though. And they say that meeting a genuine master is highly unlikely.

Hi gumpi,

You could always look up Mooji, if he appeals to you. He gives open satsangs in Tiruvannamalai:

http://mooji.org/sched_india_opensatsangs.html

Have a wonderful trip! I hope to hear about it when you return

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  11:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
An update on this "vibration or energy".

I believe this "condition" is similar to what Robert Monroe describes as the "vibrational state". Robert Monroe is (was?! sorry, ignorant on this...) a famous writer and researcher on out of body experiences. I've been reading his book and what he describes in terms of this vibration and the stages of sleep tallies closely to my own experiences.

I often wake up during sleep and am in this state, and I also feel it just before falling asleep. There is a warmth also often. I also feel it during an effective meditation, like I posted above. All of this is very exciting, as I have been finding answers to my questions in an area that I had largely ignored, although it was there all along if I just noticed it - the way I "behave" during sleep. If one observes this carefully, trying to be aware, one notices the several "states" one passes through. Meditation, on the other hand, is probably a safer and more effective way to explore conscioussness without losing any sleep! I am just a bit of an adventurer, that is all...

I also wondered about the connection between this "vibrations" and kundalini. I believe they are related. It is this energy which is the "spark" to leaps in conscioussness. Without it probably not much will happen because simply, in that state, only a sheer mental effort is applied, to little or no avail. Very interesting stuff all together...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000