Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 question about rest period
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  2:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

So my new shorter rountine is working well. I had to do a lot of self pacing lately. I feel calmer, more inner silence. Very nice. I have a question about the rest period after. Since there is a lot of residual silence with me. It feels like I could sit for a long time just enjoying it. Does there need to be self pacing with just sitting in the silence? I want to make sure I'm really resting and not continuing to meditate. I am not repeating the mantra at all.

Thanks a lot,
Jill

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  3:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill:

If you feel good after getting up and going about your business, who can argue with your long rest in stillness? Self-pace as needed.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  7:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jill,
In my experience, this too is a phase.. and this too shall pass. A lot maybe happening in the extra rest you seem to need.. so if you can afford that extra time.. I would say go with it.. less the resistance.. quicker and smoother the process.

Maybe this will help:
Self Pacing - peace
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1392#10284
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Symptoms I've been having are a lot of peace, but with this when I sit down I want to keep sitting and could sit there

Hi Louis, these symptoms don't seem to be negative, are they? OK, maybe work is uncomfortable in some ways, but is it enough to warrant cutting back in the meditation?

It seems to me you have reached a stage where your body/mind would currebtly just like to rest a lot, possibly to just release some accumulated fatigue. Sometimes, obviously, it can't be done because of life-circumstances. So you just have to go on without it. Your body will still catch up on the rest, but a little more slowly than it could if you had no responsibilities. And your sadhana will be unobstructed, though perhaps a little less luxurious than if you were responsibility-free.

BTW, have you ever tried Reishi mushroom as a dietary supplement? It seemed to be the perfect thing for me under similar circumstances (of course, everyone's biology is different).

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 13 2008 7:20:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  7:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani, it seems obvious after asking.

Jill
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  7:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Jill,
In my experience, this too is a phase.. and this too shall pass. A lot maybe happening in the extra rest you seem to need.. so if you can afford that extra time.. I would say go with it.. less the resistance.. quicker and smoother the process.

Hi Shanti,
Thanks for the encouragement to rest. I am much like David, always feeling guilty for everything that is not being done. Funny that the subject comes up now because we just cleared a spot yesterday that was really cluttered. But I have to self pace on that too. I get hyper wanting it all done once it is started.

I did feng shui in my house a few years ago and helped everything run smoother. I believe it is mostly about the way the body feels in its environment. It can drain us if for instance we have to step over clutter to get somewhere. All the things we did back then continue to make my body feel rested in my home and have not needed any more adjustments. It works!

Jill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000