Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari - Frenum snipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  07:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was fascinated to read about the Kechari lession and the postings.
I wish to try snipping of the frenum, but I am a little apprehensive and I don't know where in Chennai, I could find the snipping tool. I would be grateful if one of the members guides me in this.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  08:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1,
Not being in Chennai, it would be difficult to tell you where you could find a cuticle nipper.. You can search the web, do a google search and you will find sites that sell cuticle nippers. Or go to a store that carries beauty products (like manicure sets.. esp. imported ones) or surgical products and look for something that looks like any of these. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  10:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Shanti. I now at least know what it looks like. I shall look around for it. I was wondering how to go about snipping, ensuring no bleeding and pain Have you done this ? Could you give me some tips ?

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well.. the bleeding and pain is minimal when you make tiny snips. Actually the fear factor is more before you start, however when you do it once you will realize it is not as bad as the mind imagines it to be.
If however you would like to use something to numb the frenum, you could try ice or clove oil/powder or Anbesol (or something equivalent that is available in India).. which is an oral anesthetic whose active ingredient is benzocaine.

Here is what Yogani suggests:

quote:
http://aypsite.org/108.html
It is done with very tiny snips. Tiny snips, each as small as a hair or a very thin string. A sterilized, sharp cuticle snipper (like a small wire cutter) can be used to do the job, bit by bit. When we lift our tongue up, we can see right away where the point of greatest stress on the frenum is. If we take a tiny snip there, not bigger than a hair, it probably won't even bleed. Maybe one drop. If more than one drop, we did too much. The tiny snip will heal in a day or two. The tissues of the mouth heal very quickly. Then maybe in a week or a month, whatever we are comfortable with, we will be ready to do it again. And then, in another week or more, do it again. If we are sensitive, a little ice can be used to numb the edge of the frenum, and we won't even feel a little pinch when we snip. Don't use ice to take a big snip though. That is too much, and brings in some risk of infection. We should not snip if we have any kind of infection in the body.
Go to Top of Page

greenyogi

14 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  10:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit greenyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find out it might be better to do the snipping using some dental tool in a later stage of the snipping.
I bought some dental tool set from ebay and I kind of dig my fibrous tissue out.
There is not much pain.(almost none for me) I start with the snipping like the lesson described here but eventually the fibrous tissue is deep so I somehow figure out using the dental pointy tool.
I now can perform the 2nd stage Khechari mudra without using my finger.
Now I just have to figure out how can I perform Nadi shodhana from the backside of my nose using the tongue...
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  11:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the tips

Krish
Go to Top of Page

ssprem_j

India
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  6:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit ssprem_j's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

You can get a cuticle nipper from http://www.violica.com. This is an indian website, which I came to know after a lot of googling. I bought one from them. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Prem

quote:
Originally posted by krcqimpro1

I was fascinated to read about the Kechari lession and the postings.
I wish to try snipping of the frenum, but I am a little apprehensive and I don't know where in Chennai, I could find the snipping tool. I would be grateful if one of the members guides me in this.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  7:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you ssprem j,

and Welcome to the forum!
Is this the one you purchased, and do you like it?:

http://www.violica.com/nail-cuticle...00_1003.html
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a kechari check-in, for those interested:

first learned of kechari about a year ago (thx, yogani!).. experimentation at that time determined the tip of my tongue could reach just beyond the hard palate

over the course of this past year, i often kept my tongue in this position, pressing upwards into the soft palate.. kechari stage1

i wanted to go further though.. pushed my tongue back, back.. my frenum would hurt for a couple of days after each push. got my hands on a cuticle cutter around christmas and tried taking some snips, but the cutters were dull or i was squeamish.. i made some sloppy ripping cuts that hurt for about a week, and i was then able to touch the epiglottis with the tip of my tongue.. it felt weird.. didn't know if i liked being able to feel that

forsaking the snipping, i just opted for a good stretch whenever i felt like it, pushing the tongue back with my finger as far as i could

finally got past the epiglottis (left side) and could feel the back of my throat with the tongue, it felt sort of bumpy and often invoked a gag reflex.. no bliss or anything.. wondered what the big deal was anyways

then about a week ago, i arched my tongue in the other direction towards the front of my throat instead and:

*w*o*w*

it stung, my tongue sort of stuck there, the 'membrane' yogani talks about swooped down, and i became heavily sexually aroused.. every love interest i've ever had, including fantasies of those current, swam in front of my eyes.. heavily erotic

it really was too much, my tongue rasped out of position, and the front of my throat felt like it had been wiped with sandpaper

so i put my tongue up there again.. this time the sexual arousal was muted, but instead i felt a surge of energy forwards around my belly button area.. sort of reminded me of my first XTC trip. i felt a lot of emotion, but used spinal breathing to redirect the energy upwards and it felt more manageable

since that day i've practiced stage2 kechari as much as my throat will tolerate.. it slowly seems to be getting used to having my tongue back there

the sexual arousal has abated (is it wrong to feel sad about that?), but the emotional energy is still very much there.. sometimes i feel like throwing up, or crying, or yelling or something, so i just keep centering and channeling all that weird energy upwards with spinal breathing

random people are coming out of the woodwork and want to spend time with me.. it's sort of hard to get rid of them.. not sure if it's because they feel an energy they like, or if they enjoy being able to talk their heads off -- can't interject my own comments all the time while in kechari stage2, lol

also, i'm feeling a lot of bliss tingles throughout my body -- much more than just a couple of weeks ago.. i like it fine!

not sure if this is related, but my thirst for alcohol seems lessened as well

anyways, hope someone finds this interesting and/or helpful

have fun!
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  5:37:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that write up.

I hope to be there a year hence.

Again Thank You!

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  6:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  12:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SSPREM_j'

The web site you gave does not show any cuticle clippers. Where do you live in India. If I could have your telephone number, I could speak to you directly and find out where you bought it from, and also learn about your experience so far with snipping.I live in Chennai and my tel no. is 0 98844 21161

Krish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  10:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Krish,
The link that ssprem_j has posted has a cuticle clipper on the first screen itself for Rs. 152/-.

CUTICLE NIPPER BY SOLINGEN
Item # : 1900
(Here is the item (detail) link http://www.violica.com/cuticle-nipp...-p-1900.html)
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  11:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well it's been a month since accessing kechari mudra stage two

finding myself favoring this posture most of the time.. when i'm not talking, i've usually got my tongue stuck up there

the initial energy surges appear to have subsided, or at least integrated. the heavy sexual charges have dissipated, and the emotions have settled down

two nights ago i had a dream that i was arguing with some man i haven't met before (non-recurring dream character).. he really angered me, was very good at drawing out passionate emotional responses from me, then using that same energy against me again. finally i looked away, put myself into kechari mudra #2, looked back at my tormenter, and just let him run until he gave up

curious this practice showed up in a dream

subtle presence has increased also.. or maybe i'm just more calm in the midst of standard emotions.. external resistances seem to melt away when observed calmly from the perspective of kechari mudra.. perhaps personal energy is channeled upwards instead of outwards, yielding enhanced perspective?

neat stuff -- thx for sharing the technique, yogani!

Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  10:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Shanti. I tried the link SS provided but there was no clipper on it. I tried the link you just gave me, and while it displays a solingen clipper for Rs 152/-, it is out of stock. I have obtained their tel. no., and am going to call them. Thanks again.

Krish

SS, Would you like to call me ? I have given my tel no. ( 98844 21161). We could exchange notes and be of help to each other, since we both live in India.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000