New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bernard

Austria
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  3:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om all of You!

first let me say how happy I am to be led here in this forum - recently I opened a thread in various german forums with the request, if there is anyone with experience in cutting the frenum as described in Hatha Yoga Pradipika, please let me know. I didn't expect so much, but there was an interesting answer from Oliver, which led me here finally. That much, thanks Olli!!
I tried to read everything from you all about this topic on this pages, also Yoginas commentraies, and i am really thrilled now and eager to treat my frenum as soon as possible.
But by looking in the mirror for to watch it all exactly, a little problem arouse. Suppose I am going to cut it by myself, I am not exactly clear about where to cut. Yes, I know, in the middle between tongue and bottom, but my anatomy shows me the frenum going down in two folds, very close nearby - hmm?!? I could make them one by sqeezing it with my fingers, but for to start snipping I want to be clear about every step, so what to do?

Hope my english is comprehensible,
thank you, om shantih,
Bernard
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2005 :  9:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bernard,

Welcome to the board, and I am glad you found this.

I'm not familiar with the frenum being in two folds. But if it is, it should not be a problem --- the usual instructions should still work fine --- that is clip where the frenum seems to be tautest when you stretch the tongue --- this will probably be one of the two. If they are equal, then clip either one of them. (And you'll possibly notice the other being the tautest then on the next clipping.) It's not an exact science, but rather a practical craft, so don't agonize over finding the tautest spot if none stands out -- if many points seem equally taut then they would be equally good.

Happy clipping! I hope that is helpful.

-David

quote:
Originally posted by Bernard

Hari Om all of You!

first let me say how happy I am to be led here in this forum - recently I opened a thread in various german forums with the request, if there is anyone with experience in cutting the frenum as described in Hatha Yoga Pradipika, please let me know. I didn't expect so much, but there was an interesting answer from Oliver, which led me here finally. That much, thanks Olli!!
I tried to read everything from you all about this topic on this pages, also Yoginas commentraies, and i am really thrilled now and eager to treat my frenum as soon as possible.
But by looking in the mirror for to watch it all exactly, a little problem arouse. Suppose I am going to cut it by myself, I am not exactly clear about where to cut. Yes, I know, in the middle between tongue and bottom, but my anatomy shows me the frenum going down in two folds, very close nearby - hmm?!? I could make them one by sqeezing it with my fingers, but for to start snipping I want to be clear about every step, so what to do?

Hope my english is comprehensible,
thank you, om shantih,
Bernard

Edited by - david_obsidian on Sep 24 2005 10:54:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  10:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you who are conisdering snipping, try putting some freshly powdered clove on the frenum for a few minutes. Clove is a very effective topical anaesthetic. It was used traditionally for toothaches because of its numbing properties. Perhaps clove oil would work as well. You can get clove oil at your local pharmacy, usually in the same section where all the bandages are.
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  5:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case so far it didnt really hurt, but its good idea. I will try it.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2005 :  10:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brauniver, so what was your result, after it healed?
Go to Top of Page

brauniver

Switzerland
42 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2005 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit brauniver's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To be honest...... I think it doesnt make really sense to join the dentist. I think to practice the traditional way by snipping with little cuts is fast enough.

My dentist made one big cut. Otherwise I had do to a lot of small cuts to reach the same point. But after this point I have to practice the traditional snipping too. So there isnt a big gain.

But yes, the wund was healed very fast and without problems.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2005 :  5:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ycloutier2000

For those of you who are conisdering snipping, try putting some freshly powdered clove on the frenum for a few minutes. Clove is a very effective topical anaesthetic. It was used traditionally for toothaches because of its numbing properties. Perhaps clove oil would work as well. You can get clove oil at your local pharmacy, usually in the same section where all the bandages are.

Dear Y - Thanks for that tip - it works great.

m
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  10:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Melissa! :) It just numbed my frenum a bit.

m
Go to Top of Page

Ute

39 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  9:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ute's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Melissa and Meg
Just to let you know, I have joined the sisterhood of snippers a while back. For me the smaller snips work better. The clove oil helps by numbing. I have been meaning to ask, if we had a guy named Jack on this list and he’d start snipping would he be..Jack the Snipper?
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  11:31:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great news, Ute! Plz keep in touch about it.

meg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000