AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 fasting after kundalini awakening?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  12:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste everyone,

the last few days i've been having this urge to faste, now in yogani's book (diet shatkarmas and amaroli) it is advised to do fasting before the kundalini awakening and later on when our neurobiology got more refined and stable.

and during kundalini awakening it is advised to follow some special dietary guidlines mentioned in the book to facilitate the process.

well i'm pretty much certain that my k is on years back; and i've been to the eating of heavy foods part and it was happening automaticaly in my body a few years back before i got here and understood why does meditation make a person more hungry.

and at my first beginning here it happened more than occasionaly too then i turned into a vegy and then after a while i introduced yoni mudra kumbhaka to my daily practices and went into some problems in my personal life at the same time and got back into eating meat until now again where i'm self pacing on kumbhaka and cutting it all together due to some overload simptoms.

so now again the vegeterian urge is back with vengeance carrying on with it for a company fasting.

now i don't follow any dietary guidlines i just go with the flow of my body and give it what it craves for (need).

now concidering the above i don't know if my neurobiology is stable enough to enter into fasting.

need your advice on that, plus some more insights on the purificating effects after kundalini awakening.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  09:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I think it is important to honour the body wisdom. As long as it isn't coming from ideas or thoughts but rather from that inner intuition. I have been a vegetarien who also eats fish for 20 years and over the last 3.5 years since kundalini awoke, I have been eating progressively healthier and healthier for the most part. I entered 36 hour fasts twice a couple of years back, I had an inner craving for it. I simply found the energies intensified during this experience. I will likely do another one again soon.

Hope this helps,

A
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  02:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

I think it is important to honour the body wisdom. As long as it isn't coming from ideas or thoughts but rather from that inner intuition.

I agree completely. Early in my yoga practice, I became vegetarian prematurely and suffered because of it. Once inner silence began to rise, I realized that my body needs meat at this stage in my life.

One sign to watch out for is if you feel torn about the fact that you're not fasting yet. If the urge you speak of feels conflicted in any way, it is likely coming from the mind and not inner silence.

BTW inner silence has resolved my inner conflict about eating meat.

Hope this helps. I wish you success!

PEACE
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thks for the good advice from both you anthem and cosmic.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  11:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Why don't you fast, if it feels right, and then you will know if you are ready or not.

Let us know how you get on if you do decide to fast.

Christi

p.s. I did a few 10 day fasts after my kundalini awakened and really benefitted from them.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  7:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste christy, will do and until now it feels right throughout the day but after my second daily session it takes on another direction.

i seem to last for like a period of 12 to 14 hours either without eating or drinking anything or with some water or orange juice but after my second daily session my body says aghhghghg feeeeeddddddd me hehehhe

this is what i've been going through till now, hope it will turn out for the best.

much appreciate your presence here, like all your valuable posts by the way.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  5:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just a little update on this post, i've been trying to faste lately from 8pm till 12pm the next day and i've found this to be an easy way for fasting and the body definitely benefits from it.

plus the reason why i'm updating this post is that i am more in touch with the state of witness during fasting it let's me watch myself and be more mindfull of stuff like hunger and emotions....

and of course my bhakti which is always burning like crazy is the one that lead me here, and unlike what was posted in the beginning of this post i am now having a lot of success by the practice of yoni mudra kumbhaka it actually feels quite refreshing but in a sense of a way increases bhakti...

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  5:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just one more thing... have you ever noticed how wonderful food tastes when you eat after a fast? Eat slowly, savour every bite, taste every morsel. I was so surprised how I never really tasted food before.. we are so busy even when we eat.. but just putting some food in your mouth and eating with awareness gives you the most amazing experience of taste.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  12:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it a little hard not to gorge on food after a fast. I feel like poopoo after gorging, but I find it hard not to do it.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 20 2008 04:30:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  04:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Just one more thing... have you ever noticed how wonderful food tastes when you eat after a fast? Eat slowly, savour every bite, taste every morsel. I was so surprised how I never really tasted food before.. we are so busy even when we eat.. but just putting some food in your mouth and eating with awareness gives you the most amazing experience of taste.

so true Shanti :), i've noticed that too.

but the funny thing which is happening with me is that after getting hunger under control i don't feel it like i used too.

it's just a silly emotion i guess, i can keep on fasting for a longer time now but i don't know if this is safe with a kundalini awakening and all the practices i'm doing.

i better stay where i am, it feels very good for now plus i'm invited out for dinner tonight guess i got to postpone the hours.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  04:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I find it a little hard not to gorge on food after a fast. I feel like poopoo after gorging, but I find it hard not to do it.

Love,
Carson

hi Carson, it's funny you should mention that cz i used to act the same way a few years back but then i read some stuff about healthy fasting.

and i found out that this is a very unhealthy way to eat after fasting, it's where almost everyone who does fasting goes wrong.

after you're done fasting and in case there is too much hunger, it's advised that you should start with eating some soup and in case you don't feel like eating soup.

then some vegies like lettuce are good, lettuce is great for the stomach and the belly it makes a massage for all that area from the insides.

i actually eat lettuce in most of my meals, this is a very healthy habbit to have.

there is an other vegy which i don't know it's name in english which is very good for the blood vains it's something filled with fibers too but i don't know if you have it in the states.

plus i've read about some yogies, who end their fasting by drinking a mixture between milk and honey but i don't know about that it seems a bit too sweet.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  04:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh and Carson in case you're not feeling so hungry, then do what Shanti talked about it's pretty tasty and smooth on the stomach.

and i leave you with this old saying that my grandma used to remind my shubby uncle of:
"Eat to live, don't live to eat."
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  10:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Love,
Carson

I did exactly that Carson.. I looked forward to eating after a fast.. and just chowed down.. ahhh food... but the last few times, I realized, the amount of food you will eat will be the same... but when you eat it very slowly.. esp. the first bite.. since you were fasting and your taste buds got a break and your system sorta purified.. the experience of tasting that first bite of food is amazing. At least the first bite eat it slow.. then if you think you need to gorge go ahead.. but in reality, after the experience of that first bite.. you will eat slowly just to enjoy the experience of taste. I would not believe this if I did not experience it.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  09:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry Shanti to disagree with you on the gorge ahead point, that's the most unhealthy thing to do after a faste.

i wish i could remember where was it that i read about the subject, but the main point is that this is something very bad for the stomach and the whole body...

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  10:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

sorry Shanti to disagree with you on the gorge ahead point, that's the most unhealthy thing to do after a faste.

i wish i could remember where was it that i read about the subject, but the main point is that this is something very bad for the stomach and the whole body...

Ananda

Ananda, you did not read the next line "but in reality, after the experience of that first bite.. you will eat slowly just to enjoy the experience of taste"..
...once you do eat one bite slowly.. chances of you gorging the food down is almost impossible.. because the experience is soooo palate pleasing.. you will want to keep it going. The line "gorge down" is to please the mind.. because unless you give the mind a bait.. it may not agree to take even that first bite slowly.

Last night in meditation I realized, when we break a fast, we eat to fill the mind.. not our belly. The mind is going "foooooood... I neeeeed foooooood.... give me fooooood".. generally the belly and body have adjusted to the fast by the time we are ready to break it. If the mind is not controlling our desire to eat.. we will realize that the body is actually feeling lighter and better after a fast. So next time you feel the urge to eat fast after a fast... try a bit of self inquiry.. see if you see what I am trying to say here.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very sorry Shanti, yes i read it but in a big hurry i had smthg between my hands at that time.

i like your advice it's great.

kindest regards, and huge apologies to your kind person.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000