Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Ayurvedic cookbooks?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been on a pitta and vata pacifying diet for awhile with good effect but am getting bored with food choices because I'm not the most innovative cook. Does anyone have a ayurvedic good cookbook suggestion?
Jan

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  08:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jan,

Ayurvedic Cookbook by Amadea Morningstar & U Desai from Kripalu is the best one I know of by far. Over 300 recipes.

Best, yb

Edited by - yogibear on Jun 14 2008 08:32:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  08:57:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jan,
Check out this website.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cooki...miYogananda/

I have personally not tried any of the recipes, but do get recipe emails form this group every now and then. Maybe you will find something useful here.
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2008 :  10:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogibear and Shanti,
I got the cookbook you mentioned Yogibear and checked out the yahoo site. A new adventure!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nancy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just recently purchased Ayurvedic Cookbook for Westerners by Amadea Morningstar, and I am enjoying it with my Pitta vatta dosha.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  12:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogajan and Nancy,

Glad to read you got the book. Enjoy!

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Cparkinson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  2:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cparkinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Nancy

I just recently purchased Ayurvedic Cookbook for Westerners by Amadea Morningstar, and I am enjoying it with my Pitta vatta dosha.

I got this book from a friend as a gift. I love it! We get together and cook with our friends visit and share our experiences.
Chris
Yandara offering yoga teacher training and certification.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  11:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It isn't Ayurveda, but I recommend "Between Heaven and Earth" which has a great section on cooking for your type via the 5 elements.

It's helped me a lot in some problems I've been having.

A problem is that it's hard diagnosing what your imbalance is...but I've found this to be the most effective way of treating yourself with food.

Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  11:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Scott,
Looks like a real interesting book so I ordered it. I'll let you know what i think.
Blessings,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  11:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh man! I should've told you...I just found an even better book. If you have an extra 16 dollars, this one is huge and full of great info...

http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Natur...47010&sr=8-1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000