Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 May Amrit lead to asthma?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

panoramix

Spain
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  09:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit panoramix's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

Since i started kriya yoga, whose practices are fairly similar to those taught in this website, i started oozing that ambrosial sweet fluid but also having a kind of asthma attacks. In many cases they happen simultaneously. Sometimes instead of asthma i feel a wonderful narcotizing blissful sensation.

May this be the Nectar/Poison duality ascribed to amrit and the purity degree of visuddha chakra, as it is posted in another topic in this forum?

Thanks sincerely

OM SHANTI

Edited by - panoramix on Jul 16 2008 09:09:54 AM

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  2:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi panoramix, and welcome to the forums!

While I can't say much about your Kriya Yoga practice, I can say that the sweet secretions (amrita/nectar) coming down through the nasal pharynx will not always be in such contrast. Like many of the experiences we may notice resulting from yoga practices, they are nearly always reflections of purification and opening occurring in the nervous system. As purification advances, they tend to fade into the landscape of our overall experience, which ends up becoming quite vast and diverse, even as Oneness arises from within us.

It can be something new every week or month, and it is good to take it all in stride, and keep going. In AYP, we call such experiences the "scenery" of yoga as we travel along our path, as opposed to our continuing "journey," which is associated more with our practices than with the scenery we may happen to pass on the way.

If symptoms become excessive, as might be the case in this instance for you, here in AYP, we advise "self-pacing" in practices (ramping back a bit temporarily). But you'd better ask your teachers about that. I'm the AYP guy, not the Kriya Yoga guy.

Note: Deep meditation with mantra, performed right after pranayama, due to its deeper penetration in the nervous system, will generally help such purification and its associated symptoms become assimilated and balanced more quickly. That is another element to consider, most likely outside the the scope of the practices you are doing now, i.e., not part of Kriya Yoga as far as I know.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

panoramix

Spain
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  6:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit panoramix's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani.

What do you think amrit could chemically be, scientifically speaking?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by panoramix

Thank you Yogani.

What do you think amrit could chemically be, scientifically speaking?

Hi Panoramix:

I haven't the foggiest and could only speculate, but I am sure a team of scientists could have a field day with it. We know there is something happening because the effects of these biochemical changes are quite noticeable and far-reaching. It is not likely that we are imagining these things.

There are many changes that occur in the biochemistry throughout the body as inner silence and ecstatic conductivity/radiance arise. Someday science will get serious about studying this. Our job here as it relates to science is to develop as many credible subjects for study as possible. Sooner or later they will find us, and we will welcome them with open arms.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

panoramix

Spain
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit panoramix's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can see the supermarkets of the future selling canned amrit of different tastes...

Obviously i'm kidding...

;)

OM SHANTI
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000