Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Endoscopic view of a hypermobile tongue in the nas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  08:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
see: http://www.ispub.com/ostia/index.ph.../snoring.xml

and especially "Endoscopic view of a hypermobile tongue in the nasopharynx". This has better, more comprehensive, internal pictures as well as reference to some interesting case studies. It can be linked to from http://www.entjournal.com/ME2/dirmo...7E5EDEB3BE4A . However one must register (free) to view the article on ENT (ear nose and throat) Journal. Well worth it.

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  2:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am just at kechari stage "1" in my daily practices so cannot respond to this interesting link and article. It describes a young man who snored very loudly, had done automatic advanced kechari for years, and had a big uvula and floppy soft palate. They solved his problems by resecting the uvula and soft palate. The person who wrote the medical article on him was of the opinion that the patient had stretched out his soft palate by years of daily habitual kechari practice.
Could anyone in the vast AYP readership possibly comment on whether snoring becomes very common as a result of advanced kechari practice?
There's lots of you out there who could comment on this. It would be interesting to hear whether you all snore. There are those of us who might be reluctant to get into advanced stage 2 kechari if it causes snoring.
thanks,
John
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  7:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John, there is a long thread on this titled "khechari snip creates snoring?" Use forum search with snoring to find it. I do Kechari stage 2-3, and I don't think I snore - but I may be wrong, I live alone. Also, in the article, I think they consider the possibility that the patients uvula was naturally that size.

Thou Art Cat, divinefurball

Edited by - divinefurball on Jun 19 2008 7:45:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think it's a different situation to each individual, and speaking for myself i've reached full kechari without snipping in 2 months or so and until now there's no snoring.

and most of the people who reached kechari have experienced nothing but good out of the practice and i advise this practice more then any other it does wonders to one's spiritual evolution and practice.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  12:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the thing i dont understand is how can full kechari produce snoring? I can reach level 3 and 4 of kechari and if your tongue is in the nasopharynx no air can pass through the mouth, so how does the snoring occur?
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  4:46:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thokar! No one snores while doing kechari. - Jhon C. is concerned that stage 2 and beyond will streach out the soft pallate thereby causing snoring when they sleep. I don't think it does.

Thou Art Cat
divinefurball
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000