Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 hello everybody
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste AYP Forum Members,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 22 year old guy from Germany, who is very glad for having found this awesome website and community.

I embarked on my spiritual adventure when I was about 18 years old and in those four years I've already come to know and experiment with different paths, like taiji, Zazen, some Yoga.
The last two years I've particularly been interested in and practicising some esoteric teachings and techniques like Kundalini Reiki, Fire Serpent Tummo etc. I've cleared quite a numer of blockages utilizing those techniques and am thankful for the growth they have made possible for me.

During the last few months I've become more and more uncontent with my daily routine, though. I've always wanted my path to enlightenment to contain all the techniques necessary for a thorough spiritual development, but at the same time it should be as simple,plain and clear as possible. In the New Age movement, which I've been part of for some time now, there's the tendency to accumulate knowledge and practices from different spiritual paths and mix them together in a way that seems to fit one's current needs.
This might be exactly the right thing for some people, I've felt irritated by those things, though.

So while I was getting increasingly uncontent with where I was at, I also became more and more interested in Kriya Yoga, which I heared of the first time when I was 18 and reading Autobiography of a Yogi.
Googling for KY I found this community and decided to practice the techniques, so beautifully outlined by Yogani here, for the time coming. Thank you Yogani.

That's my little story of how I happened to come here. I've already read a lot of the threads and am very much looking forward to sharing wisdom and experiences with you all. Well, I'm mostly a very quiet person and like to observe things, so there probably won't be that much talking from me. Just wanted to let you know that I'm here and would like to participate :)

Namaste,
Simon

Edited by - Simon on Jul 03 2008 10:19:33 AM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Simon,

Welcome to AYP, best wishes to you on your path!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  11:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Simon,

welcome to ayp deffinitley the place to be :)

enjoy and best of wishes on your path.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  12:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Simon,

It's great to have you here. A very warm welcome to you.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  1:04:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, lots of things to find here,
so much in fact that you might get overwhelmed ...
So, be sure to read about self-pacing

Alles Gute
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  2:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Simon.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask we are all here to help each other
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  3:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yea, I already did that. :) I used to rush things all my life.
I guesss AYP provides another opportunity to practice my patience.

I read somewhere on the forum that some people practice hours of Kriya Yoga each day. Why is it that some people need to practice that much and others get along with only very little practicing?

Edited by - Simon on Jul 03 2008 3:44:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  5:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The only explanation I've heard is from Yogani, when I asked why everything happened so fast for me:

- You must have done some pretty good work in your earlier lives!

Oh, and Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Edited by - emc on Jul 03 2008 5:29:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  7:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Simon! We're very glad you joined!

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  04:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

quote:

Yea, I already did that. :) I used to rush things all my life.
I guesss AYP provides another opportunity to practice my patience.

I read somewhere on the forum that some people practice hours of Kriya Yoga each day. Why is it that some people need to practice that much and others get along with only very little practicing?

the kriya practice is effective of that i must admit, but the downside is that there is too much practice involved and the progress seems kind of slow and here i'm speaking out of my own experience for others it might be different plus you should watch out for what praactice is right and what's wrong bcz a lot of technical differences exist between one teacher and the other.

but here at ayp you need self pacing the pratice is really powerful and doesn't require a huge amount of time; plus you can feel the progress a lot faster than the practice of kriya with a more stable state of mind.

and even more the practice of ayp produces an automatic state of progress in the body yogani has named as stillness in action after the pranayams and the meditation and samyama we go back to our normal activities and we can feel the the rise of ecstatic conductivity plus stillness or state of witness name it whatever you like but you will experience it.

and if you are veyr interested in the practice of kriya yoga you should check this site too in case you didn't it's been of help to many:

www.kriyayogainfo.com

but my personal advice out of experience is practice ayp it's a sweeter ride and in the end to each his sailing boat.

i mean take a look how everyone here is active :D

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Simon

Germany
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  05:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Simon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read parts of the book you mentioned. Was very interesting.
I think I'll go with the AYP approach. Seems to contain everything one needs on his journey.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2008 :  4:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Simon,
It was great to read your introduction. We are the young bucks around here.

I am glad to know that your interest in kriya brought you to AYP. That is how I found this place as well.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000