Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Tips on Secrets of Wilder Practice Chart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - May 28 2008 :  12:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

From an email exchange:
---------------------------

Q: In the Secrets of Wilder book it has a chart on how to go about the practices. Would it be possible to put page number in relation to the master manual (AYP Easy Lessons book) of where we could find each practice? I tried to cross reference and some of them I could not find in the manual.

A: If you check the topic index in the back of the AYP Easy Lessons book (or here), you will find corresponding lessons for the practices. Of course, some of the practices have different names than in the Wilder book.

Looking at the chart, "breath suspension" is kumbhaka, "nine prayers" is samyama, "spiritual eye purge" is yoni mudra kumbhaka, "root seat" is siddhasana, "root lift" is mulabandha, "eye lift" is sambhavi mudra, "medulla pull" is slightly furrowed brow (part of sambhavi), "palate lift" and the two subsequent stages ("altar of bliss" and "upper passages") are stages of kechari mudra, and "i am's embrace" is whole body mudra (see "micro-movements" in the topic index).

You can also find most of the practices covered concisely in the small Enlightenment Series books -- the titles and book descriptions tell the tale.

I am working on the ninth Enlightenment Series volume now -- "Eight Limbs of Yoga". It has an expanded version of the practice chart in it, more description with it, and cross-referencing to AYP instructional materials on practices. The new practice chart also brings the terminology back to the yogic versions, tying in with the rest of the AYP writings. The Eight Limbs book should be out in July. "Bhakti and Karma Yoga" (Enlightenment Series book #8) will be out in a few weeks. So, we will be caught up with scheduled books pretty soon. Then it is on to adding more online lessons, leading eventually to AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2.

The Secrets of Wilder was the first book I wrote (first drafted back in 2003), with the mission of making the practices more accessible for westerners. Hence, no yogic terminology in there. It is about experiencing the journey in story form in a western cultural setting. Hope you enjoyed it.

The guru is in you.

tetragrammaton

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  5:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tetragrammaton's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am actually reading "The Secrets" and I must say thus far I am shocked...I just read about the time when you passed the alley and went back to help that homeless gentlemen...

I truly have no idea where this is leading but I like your style...

With so much so wrong with what I see with where Humanity is at the minute which has been going on for so long I hope truly to become part of the lasting solution than the lasting problem...

Thank You Deeply...

Edited by - tetragrammaton on Jul 09 2008 6:06:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  12:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely said Tetra, and amen. Welcome to the forum.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

SuperTrouper

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  3:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did this chart ever get published anywhere on the site (the yogic version, at least?) I'm at a loss for finding it, and am feeling nebulous about what is recommended to be started where...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2014 :  4:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Supertrouper,

The AYP practice chart has been published on page 347 of Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living volume 2. It has also been published in "the Eight Limbs of Yoga" book from the Enlightenment Series.

As far as I know it is not on the AYP website.

In the "Easy Lessons volume 2" and in "The Eight Limbs of Yoga" it is published with the yogic names for the practices but otherwise is pretty similar to the chart in the Secrets of Wilder novel.

If you are getting confused over which practices to add at what stage then really "The Eight Limbs" is well worth buying. It comes in published format and also as an ebook and audio book.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000