AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 "Wild"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  6:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just saw this one with Reese Witherspoon. She does an amazing job.

It's a story of transformation, of reconnecting with Mother Nature, and of empowerment (especially for the divine feminine).

The fact that it's based on a true story makes it even better. This woman fell into a slump of drug addiction and grief, and decided to hike a very long stretch of the Pacific coast to regain her livelihood. The movie is not shy about depicting the shadows of her past, and along the trail, she relives the memories and comes to terms with her karma.

One of the more profound realizations she reaches near the end is that redemption is something that's always been with her, and that her foibles were not in vain. She also speaks of the sacredness and mystery of life.

I walked out of the theater feeling a bit ecstatic, and wanting to make the best of things. To me, fine art is inspirational, and that's exactly what this film is.

Highly recommend Wild!

mil

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  7:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know...I really look forward to seeing this movie. I had a particularly difficult energetic opening a few years ago, I found her book to one of the best companions during that time...somehow it really resonated with me during the deep facing of oneself that one goes through during these openings...Thanks for the reminder to go see it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  9:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have not read the book, but it sounds like a great read. There is a similar book I've read called "Into the Wild", which I also recommend.

Glad this tale resonated with you, and I'm sure you will like the movie.

Unity. Strength. Resilience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000