New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  5:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Day 3 (Tuesday) after Shaktipat in absentia
Vegetarianism: Yes
Celibacy: Yes
I received Dhyanyogi's " Shakti: An Introduction to Kundalini Maha Yoga" and "Death, Dying and Beyond" books in the mail today. I spend most of the day reading "Shakti".

This time during the 108 repetitions of the Bhuta Shuddhi I decided to start out sitting in a chair becaue I can only sit for 1 hour before the pain in the lower back is too great. Big mistake.

As I approached the 1 hour 20 minutes mark, I 'fell into meditation' again. My mind went blank and a magnetic force started pushing me sideways. I nearly fell off of the chair! Needless to say, that pulled me out of it and I was disgusted with myself.

I have noticed twice that I have had 'heat' in my lower abdomen on the left side; once while driving to work and once while driving back from work. It is a warm fine kind of heat and it is located from the surface of the skin going inwards for about 1 inch. The overall area is about 3 inches vertically. Also, the heat in my head, hands and arms is now a much 'finer' kind of heat compared to the Reiki heat balls I experienced during my Usui Reiki attunements.. And, it is very funny but the heat becomes more intense when I read certain posts or books..

That night, as I drifted off to sleep, I heard this loud bell in my right ear that sounded like someone had hit a large crystal singing bowl. Although it was very nice it startled me.

Day 4
I received "Light on Meditation" by Dhyanyogi today in the mail. I have read about 1/2 way. It is interesting that Dhyanyogi states that the breath is the thing to focus on since mantras will fall away once the mind is stilled (this is opposite to the I AM meditation theory where you do not focus on the breath during still meditation because, as Yogani states, you can go deeper if you do not tie the mantra to the breathing.).

I should mention, that the 108 repetitions of the Buhta Shuddhi mantra do not involve breath control nor kechari... just sambhavi (focus attention on the brow). I added 'tongue on palate' because there is a rather strong current which can be felt coming downwards through the tongue which I feel would otherwise not be running if I didn't put the tongue on the palate..

Since shaktipat my observations have been that the subvocalizing mind and memory shuts off after an hour or more of mantra repetition(Bhuta Shuddhi) and you are left in a state of awareness in which you can observe different parts of your inside space and bodies. However, I do not believe that I'm going very deep as I can still 'think' at that level and shift my perception around. I also feel like I'm dreaming or pretending when those parts of my mind shut off, sort of like I'm making the whole thing up.

For this day's meditation I decided to stay sitting on the asan on the floor. I'm getting better at running through the mantra. After about 1 hour and 20 minutes the pain in my tail bone and hips was getting pretty bad so I moved my legs out straight and continued with the mantra repetitions in that posture, sitting on the floor. After a while, I moved my legs to a half lotus. Then, I went through a 'fall to meditation' but I found it easy to start up the mantra again so I did. Next, the magnetic force started pushing me onto my left side and my body slowly made an arc until my head was on the floor in front. All the while I was repeating the mantra.

Then, this voice said to me "Be Quiet". So I quit repeating the mantra and drifted off in that position. I had done 82 repetitions..

I remained in that position for a while. Again, it was not a deep kind of dark and silent state. It is more like dreaming without the dreams or just kind of sitting there.

While I was sitting there, I did notice that the two lights were becoming more pronounced (one at the brow and one more in the center of the head). However, I wasn't expecting any lights because I'm thinking that the purpose of the Buhta Shuddhi mantra is to repeat the mantra 108 times in order to connect the sushumna to Shiva, dry the air body and burn the causal body. If I want to see lights, I would use another technique, like the "I AM" meditation coupled with extreme relaxtion.. or just focus on the lights Maybe the lights eventually come no matter what you do?

(Note: I haven't had the runs for 3 days now!!! Perhaps it is the vegetarian diet or maybe I'm being healed??? It is so nice. I mean, it has been 2 years of IBS every day. You can't imagine!! I was getting very good at the root lock )

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi TI:

The topic and post ID numbers do not change when a topic is moved, and the URL has not changed. This topic is ID=3691, and it will always be that. The forum number is not part of the topic URL. The database knows which forum category to go to by internal means.

If you find any previous links that are not working anymore, let me know. I'd be curious to find out why, since none of the URL info has changed. We have been moving topics for years, and as far as I know we have not lost a link yet.

Your ruminations are an interesting study, if not a clear path that anyone could follow, and I hope you will continue recording your journey. It will be interesting to see where you end up.

Where are we at now?

The guru is in you.

Hi Yogani
You are right! The link, although it somehow changed format, still works the same. Sorry, I should have examined it more closely.
Here is the original link:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3691

Here is the link after the move:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=5

This is good news. My assumption was erroneous. I apologize..

TI
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI:

The first link you gave is for page 4 of the topic. The next one is for page 5. If you copy the one for this page, it will be page 6. Moving right along.

These link variations have nothing to do with the topic moving.

If you want to make a link to a particular post, click the little globe in the top bar of the post and it will give it to you.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
I'm not sure what to call this post: A Taste of Heaven, I Remember Heaven, I Went to Heaven or WOW!!!

First off, I want to say that I love all of you: Yogani, [emc], Katrine, Kadak, Suryakant, David, Jim -and his karma, Divineis, Christi, Shanti, Joe, Dave and eveyone in this forum and the whole world. I truly hope that you too will remember Heaven

Day 5 After Shaktipat in absentia

I started my meditation of the 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras at 5:30 pm tonight. It is better to meditate when you are hungry. There is more heat when you are hungry (but not too hungry).

I sat on the floor on my asan, did 50 rapid deep breaths, fixed my eyes between my brow and put my tongue on the palate.

The mantra was coming easier and I was performing it faster. I was bound and determined to get through all 108 repetitions in one sitting. I started one repetition very slowly to make sure I had the right pronunciations and that I remembered all the words. Then I sped it up again. After a few repetitions of subvocalizing the mantra, I remembered that vocalizing is strong, subvocalizing is stronger but the most powerful thing is to mentally think the mantra. So, I started to think the mantra over and over again, very quickly.

At one point my thoughts became a continuous river or stream of light that I could visualize and see. I had seen thoughts before during meditation so this was sort of normal for me.

The meditation was going fine. I would repeat the mantra, realize I was subvocalizing and then try to shut off the subvocalization by going higher into the mental realm. When I get into the mental realm, my mind can travel very quickly and effortlessly. It's the subvocalization that slows you down. I struggled for a while to stop the subvocalization and succeeded a few minutes at a time. Like greased lightning!! The mantra, clear, crips and clean was sailing by and I was making progress. I would be finished all 108 mantra repetitions in one sitting. That was my goal.

Through the meditation, I would fall back down into subvocalization for some of the mantra's sentences, but then I would catch myself and move back up into the mental. As I was doing this, I noticed that the light at the brow was getting closer and closer (again). Then my hip started to hurt so I extended my right leg out, took my bearings and then started to repeat the mantra again in that position. I contemplated the possibility of meditation in strange postures.. After a few minutes, I moved my leg back into easy posture, straightened my back and proceeded with the repetitions. I was doing pretty good, I was at about 3/4 the way through my mala in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Ok, back to serious meditation. I started to repeat the mantra, subvocalizing it, then taking it higher to a mental plane (thanks to all that silent AYP "I AM" still meditation practice), then drop back down, then up. I started playing with placing the mantra at different levels (subvocalization, mental repetition, light vision repetition (seeing the words), back down and then up. I was getting pretty good at it. I also experimented with stopping breathing to see if that would help place the mantra. It did to some degree but I decided on more relaxation. I was getting happy that I figured out how to do that (move up and down the levels of density).

Then I remembered about what Yogani said about allowing the mantra to become very quiet and whispering the mantra. So, that is what I did. I did that right into the light that I could see at my brow. Lightning speed. The mantra sailed by and I got happier with my newfound expertise controlling the frequency, placement and potency of the mantra. I realized that through these long arduous meditation sessions, repeating the Bhuta Shuddhi mantra, I was taking my level of conscious control or thought to a new high, which could possibly become persistent.

I started to tingle from the happiness. The waves came up from my arms and legs and went upward. I kept placing the mantra into the light between my brows, very quietly whispering it silently, quickly, pushing it into the light at the brow.. That's the whole point of the Bhuta Shuddhi mantra, to join the sushumna to the highest Shiva.

What happened next is beyond belief. I'm so shaking right now.

All of a sudden, I was in Heaven. I was in a cloud of light pinks, whites and blues. And!!! Jesus was there, standing quite far away, wearing a white gown with a red robe over it. That's all I could see. All of a sudden I remembered that I had been there before, before this life time. I loved it there. I love it so much there. You would too. I remembered being there before. It was like this hole cleared up in me or a veil was removed and I can now remember being there before this life time. I was there before and I talked to Jesus before. This time, I did not talk or do anything. The recollection of having been there before, before I was born was so amazing to me it took me a while to weather the impact.

It was so nice there, you can't believe it. There is no fear. It feels like life was just a dream and is so far away and meaningless that it doesn't matter. It feels so safe and warm and loving there. You just can't believe it. It makes earth feel like hell. I've realized that this life is just a dream. We don't die. We are all part of God. I started to cry. Not cry, but this very deep howl started coming out of me. I didn't want to leave. Loud sobs, uncontrollable wails. Buckets of snot streamed out. I embarrased myself. I wonder what the neighbours might think if they heard me! I went through 20 kleenexes blowing my nose.

I looked at Jesus standing quite far away. Then, I remembered being there before a second time! I remember talking with Jesus and choosing to come back to help others. Then Jesus said "You chose to come back to help others". It was all so familiar. I remember now!! I'm astounded, flabberghasted, amazed, dumbfounded, you name it. WOW. Like big time deja vue that you can't dispute.

At this moment, I'm starting to remember three lifetimes that I've had, and they all ended (or began) with interludes in Heaven. I'm tingling and I have waves coming up into my head like I have the jitters or something.

I truly hope that everyone can experience Heaven and truly realize that this life is just a dream that will go away. Don't seek the darkness, seek the light.

I need a hot bath as I'm kind of cold now. That in itself is unbelievable.

Dear God in Heaven. Please show all of the people of the earth a glimpse of Heaven. Please remove the veil, if only for a moment, that they may truly know the love and peace, joy and stillness that awaits them after this dreary life. Amen. Om Shanti.

Dear God in Heaven. Please show all of the people of the earth a glimpse of Heaven. Please remove the veil, if only for a moment, that they may truly know the love and peace, joy and stillness that awaits them after this dreary life. Amen. Om Shanti.

Bless you!

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Jul 18 2008 11:56:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  12:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

And, it is very funny but the heat becomes more intense when I read certain posts or books..
Hi TI,

What happens to the heat when you read/view/hear each of the following items:

(1) A quote from Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandasji in which he describes what his Realization felt like: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4152

(2) A video of Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandasji leading a Jai Sita Ram chant: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PSM69_InoXI

(3) The Amazon listing of Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandasji's biography, "This House Is On Fire": http://www.amazon.com/This-House-Fi...55077&sr=8-1

(4) A video of Shri Anandi Ma dancing in bhav samadhi: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vouXD7HMSuo

(5) Patrick Bernhardt's album "Amor Immortalis": http://www.legalsounds.com/download.../album_36580

Namaste,
Suryakant

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  11:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant
What happens to the heat when you read/view/hear each of the following items:

Hi Suryakant
I have never tried going to look for heat, it just sort of happens and then I become aware of it. The hottest heat I've gotten in the past was from UG Krishnamurti's "The Natural State". Oh no, I'm starting to get that electrical charge and heat right now just thinking of it..
If you want to read it, it is free online at:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Natural_State

1,2,3 I have seen before and bought the book. I actually own "This House is on Fire" (thanks again for that one :) , "Shakti", "Death and Beyond" and "Light on Meditation" . I'm just finishing that last book today. I found a part in "Light on Meditation" that said that you are supposed to be aware when you go into samadhi, otherwise it does not benefit you. If nothing is relayed to the conscious mind, there is no purpose and the experience is wasted. That explains the part of where I feel like I'm either imagining the kriyas or lucidly dreaming them. The awareness is built in. Interesting.. ! I wonder how that relates to the AYP deep silence?

4 Thank you very much. I enjoyed watching that. There is also another youtube video of Shri Anandi Ma praying for world peace that was right next to it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gPVRHRY2...ture=related

5) My tastes in music are Indian or anything Pink Floyd. I love listening to Deva Premal and Prem Joshua. I also love this video because I get blessed everytime I watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWnh5Jq8Cjs

Thanks for sharing.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  12:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Day 6 after Shaktipat in Absentia

The Bhuta Shuddhi mantra meditation was good. I completed all 108 repetitions in one sitting. I did not fall into meditation. My buttocks/tailbone did not hurt very much. I adjusted my legs twice and ended up sitting in half lotuses. The entire meditation took 1 hour 45 minutes.

The only strange thing that I would report is that during the meditation, I felt a surge of confidence and energy, like I was on top of things and more powerful. Perhaps I withdrew a bit from things because, to be quite honest, I'm still digesting my visit to Heaven from yesterday and I don't think I could have handled another gut wrenching, snot drenching experience so soon after yesterday's event.

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  11:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Day 7 after shaktipat in absentia.

This morning I was sitting on the bathroom floor having my morning nicotine fix. After a few minutes of just sitting there, I noticed in my third eye area that the Bhuta Shuddhi mantra was still going. It caught my attention so I focused in on it. Sure enough, it was repeating by itself. The strange thing was that when I focused on it, there was this bright shiny colorful plane of existence in the same area! It felt like I was looking right into Heaven (the textures and colors were very similar). So, I proceeded to meditate on it. It was a strange thing, because it was like I could think of someone and I could see events in their life transpiring before my eyes. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I finished the "Light On Meditation" book by Dhyanyogi. Concepts that struck me are these:

-He says that kundalini is really an upward flow of prana through the sushumna.

-He says that vibrating and shaking is how kundalini opens the pathways so that prana can flow.

-The book is so filled with descriptions of visions from meditators (sadhaks -students of meditation) of spiritual beings that I feel right at home. Seeing the visions is a normal thing and a sign that all is moving right along.

-The book contains an excellent description of all of things that could possibly happen to you as kundalini rises.

-Warm milk with some butter or orange juice is supposed to appease the heat. (I haven't tried that because I don't like milk and orange juice is too high-carb for me).

-The way he describes giving shaktipat and it's effects on the recipients now reminds me of the 'Western' churches that "Praise The Lord" and slay people in the spirit. Have you ever watched a pastor walk up to someone and touch them on the forehead and then the person falls down and passes out? Hmmm.. I wonder what is going on there. I can see now where people might assume that the Holy Ghost could be kundalini. However, I've seen the Holy Ghost and it looks like a pair of white wings floating in the air; it shoots beams of white light at people, so I still wonder what is going on there..

Meditation:
Today's meditation was horrible. I started getting bad gas and the runs at the start of it. I had to take two breaks during the process. I did not 'fall into meditation' but I did experience a thick column of a kind of white wavy energy moving upwards for a short time. I completed all 108 repetitions of the mantra in 2 hours and 30 minutes.

TI
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  8:00:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
The state you are falling into is actually samadhi and which I 'fall' into almost every time I meditate or do japa now.The Bhutta Shuddi mantra is indeed a very powerful cleansing mantra and it took me 3 days to remember it and pronounce it correctly.Just a tip. If you fall into samadhi and don't complete the 108 rounds it is normally considered that you have completed them as you fell into samadhi.When I was in India in Jan 08 I had to do 2 full rounds of the Bhutta Shuddi mantra and 44 rounds of the guru ram mantra daily. We did this in 2 sessions, morning and afternoon.When you drift into samadhi it normally follows that you lose count or drop the mala beads.heheheheh
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi TI,
The state you are falling into is actually samadhi and which I 'fall' into almost every time I meditate or do japa now.The Bhutta Shuddi mantra is indeed a very powerful cleansing mantra and it took me 3 days to remember it and pronounce it correctly.Just a tip. If you fall into samadhi and don't complete the 108 rounds it is normally considered that you have completed them as you fell into samadhi.When I was in India in Jan 08 I had to do 2 full rounds of the Bhutta Shuddi mantra and 44 rounds of the guru ram mantra daily. We did this in 2 sessions, morning and afternoon.When you drift into samadhi it normally follows that you lose count or drop the mala beads.heheheheh
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for the tip! Yes, I am aware of that but it does say on the "Instructions after Shaktipat" that it is better if one can do as many repetitions as possible (rather than fall into meditation every time, for example).
Wow, 2 rounds of the Bhuta Shuddhi. That must have cleared you out for many lifetimes !!

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Day 8 after Shaktipat in Absentia

Vegetarianism: yes
Celibacy: yes

I have been seeing visions of people's faces at different times during the day during regular activities.

I did the regular AYP practice/meditation in the morning. A few visions appeared and I ended up working on relaxing more during the meditation.

The 108 mantra repetition meditation went fine today. After just two repetitions, my mind blanked out and it was a real struggle to pick up the mantra again. I figured that two repetitions was way too few to justify missing the connecting and cleansing from the mantra that a full session brings. As I was telling Dave, it says on the CD that it is better to do the mantra as opposed to just falling into meditation. Maybe I have this wrong, I don't know. I don't think I'm fighting 'falling into meditation' that much, I just figure there will be plenty of time for falling into meditation after the 10 days are up.

There were two other moments where I lost the mantra and then picked it up again. I guess I do what I do at the time.

I completed all 108 repetitions of the mantra. I also slowed it down a bit so I could be more mindful of the meaning behind the words. This time, I seemed to be putting more attention on focusing my gaze between the brows. At one point I think I was too low so I aimed higher, then lower. Sometimes I think I play too much and should be more mindful of the mantra and it's meaning; connecting the Shushumna to "Parama Shiva Pade" (Shiva in the highest).

Towards the end of the meditation I started seeing a pale colored disk and two beams of white light coming out of my eyes, connecting to the disk. As I ignored it it became brighter and clearer.. After the meditation was finished, I spent another 15 minutes relaxing and just looking at the disk and beams from my eyes.

The disk looks like a moon, pale white, with soft blue indentations on it. The beams of light comes from my eyes, one beam from each eye. After just watching the scene for about 10 minutes, the light started getting brighter and brighter and some yellow rays started coming out of one side of the moon. Now, two hours after the meditation, the scene is still there. Persistent vision.. Hmm.

Total time: 2 hours 15 min.
Two days to go.

TI
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  9:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
TI,

Just wanted to write you a quick note to thank you for your inspiring posts. Bless you for bringing the Light into my life!

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  12:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brushjw

TI,

Just wanted to write you a quick note to thank you for your inspiring posts. Bless you for bringing the Light into my life!

namaste,
Joe

Hi Joe
Thank you for mentioning that.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  1:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Day 9 after Shaktipat in absentia

Today's Bhuta Shuddhi mantra meditation was strange. After 1 hour 20 minutes, I 'fell into meditation' so I let it happen. My body slowly bent leftwards, circled round and I ended up sitting with my head nearly touching the ground again, stretching my spine. I could see Dhyanyogi and Shri Anandi Ma below me. I'm not sure what they were doing. I could see that my thoughts were still running. It feels like you split apart into various components which keep running. It also feels like I'm imagining the whole thing, daydreaming or pretending. Perhaps my conception of samadhi is different from the actual state?

Anyway, I stayed in that position for 10 minutes or so. During that time I was going to abandon it and start the remaining mantra repetitions, but a voice said to stay down. So I did. After a while, I just quit; something in me wasn't convinced that this was doing anything. I also noticed that the light was a lot closer and bigger than before.

After that I was disgusted and had bad feelings or guilt and remorse for not completing the mantra repetitions. I had 30 left to do.

Later that night I sat down again and finished all 30 repetitions of the mantra, taking it slow, savouring each sentence, the meaning behind the sentences, visualizing the objective, getting lost. I fell into meditation again. A magnetic force made me move my head a bit to the right and then I ended up with my head on the floor in front of me again. Stretching the spine. Always stretching the spine. I stayed like that for a while, sat up and then finished off the last 3 repetitions. The light was closer and fluffier now but I did not pay much attention to it. I went to bed, still feeling disgusted, hornery and miserable.

I noticed that I was getting a lot heat in the hands, arms, top of the head and face.

Total time meditating: 1 hour 40 minutes

Oh, forgot to mention: I noticed that it feels good to rub my tailbone area of the spine. It feels ecstatic to do so. I noticed this in the shower this morning.

Also, twice yesterday, I had a tingling tickling sensation right at my navel. It felt like ants crawling around. I had to scratch it.

Right now, I have the shakes. They started about 1 hour ago and haven't let up. My whole body is vibrating. It seems to be coming from my abdomen. It's going through my legs, arms, body.. everywhere..

TI

Edited by - Tibetan_Ice on Jul 22 2008 1:41:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  5:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
Samadhi is many things and whatever your experience is correct for you.If you are attempting to prevent yourself from drifting into samadhi , then you are controlling your practices which just as in the AYP guidelines, is incorrect.You simply do the japa and the results are simply the results.
I find now that 99% of the time I fall into samadhi almost immediately when I start meditation.In fact I can put myself into the state of samadhi at will.Although the cd may say to attempt to keep 'awake' during the anhustan period of japa, when Anandi Ma was a young girl she would be in states of samadhi for days at a time.My teacher was a member of the same group of students as her during childhood in Mumbai and knew her well in those days.BTW you will find the energy from shakti is much more refined and smoother than Reiki, and it also penetrates deeper in my experience as well as being more powerful due to greater purification.
L&L
Dave

Edited by - riptiz on Jul 22 2008 6:08:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2008 :  11:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi TI,
Samadhi is many things and whatever your experience is correct for you.If you are attempting to prevent yourself from drifting into samadhi , then you are controlling your practices which just as in the AYP guidelines, is incorrect.You simply do the japa and the results are simply the results.
I find now that 99% of the time I fall into samadhi almost immediately when I start meditation.In fact I can put myself into the state of samadhi at will.Although the cd may say to attempt to keep 'awake' during the anhustan period of japa, when Anandi Ma was a young girl she would be in states of samadhi for days at a time.My teacher was a member of the same group of students as her during childhood in Mumbai and knew her well in those days.BTW you will find the energy from shakti is much more refined and smoother than Reiki, and it also penetrates deeper in my experience as well as being more powerful due to greater purification.
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave
Thanks for your comments, Dave.
I keep thinking about the different levels of samadhi.. but I hear what you are saying. Perhaps the state of that type of samadhi is at a finer level too where you become aware of more things rather than becoming singlepointed to the exclusion of awareness of surroundings?

Before I started the shaktipat I was practicing heavy relaxation during meditation which I believe was getting me through the dream state to a deeper level. I'll have to examine that approach now.. :)

So Dave, do you astral travel? Did you take Shri Anandi Ma's course on astral travel?

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  12:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Day 10 of Shaktipat in Absentia (last day)

This is the last day of my 10 day post shaktipat initiation. I've succeeded in performing the required mala of 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantra repetitions (or until 'falling into meditation' which was rare, perhaps I prevented some because I did not realize the subtelty of that state). My next task is to perform the required malas of "Ram Ramaya Namaha", which could be postponed until after the 10 days if required, according to the instructions.

Todays meditation: I was an hour late getting home from work due to an extended meeting and was feeling a bit hungry and tired. I immediately sat down in my place of meditation and started the mantra repetition. All was going well, not too much pain in the lower back and I decided to slow it down. This was the last day and I wanted to be in the meditation rather than speed through it.

I performed the required 50 deep abdominal breaths, picked up the mala and started reciting. After about 1/2 hour, I moved my leg position as my left leg was falling asleep.

Today, it occured to me from what [emc] posted on another thread, that Jesus and Buddha are in the higher planes, vibrating at very fast rates. I also came to the realization that, if you can do mantra repetition subvocally, and then mentally, you might be able to do it emotionally and intuitively as well. I mean, instead of one voice going, you get as many auric bodies repeating the mantra at the same time as you can, so they all fall into meditation..

So, I started experimenting a bit.

It is too hard to experiment and repeat that mantra at the same time. I started messing up the mantra so I quit that. But before I quit experimenting, I tried to bring my vibrations as high as I could go. I 'arrived' in a place with pastel-violet clouds and golden light shining down. But, even that was too distracting so I abandoned the experiment and went back to straight mantra repetition.

After 1 hour I was starting to see the lights again, which I ignored. After 1 hour and 20 minutes, I started to see this red light in the third eye. It looked like a little red arc, pointing downwards. I thought it was interesting because I don't recall seeing crimson dark red light there before, on it's own.

I then ignored the red light and went back to mantra repetition, perhaps sucking in a little more from the forehead to help cut out distractions.

As I repeated the mantra, the red light scene grew. It now resembled a few red rounded clouds like one might see during a sunset in a tunnel of clouds. I went back to repeating the mantra.

After another 5 minutes, I looked at the third eye and the red scene had become very clear. IT WAS A RED ROSE!!! AND, SHRI ANANDI MA's FACE WAS NEXT TO IT. SHE WAS SMILING AT ME!!! I also noticed that Dhyanyogi was not there. This was a personal gift from Shri Anandi Ma to me.

The vision was very clear, bright and amazing, like when I went to Heaven. I was overcome with emotion and started crying. I felt like I had successfully passed the 10 day audition and was being rewarded with a rose. I did have 30 repetitions left but Shri Anandi Ma said to "let it go". I dropped the mala and just cried. Tingles were flowing all around me. I was so grateful and I felt so special.

It is amazing to see someone give you a rose via third eye vision. And, someone alive too! A graduation gift.

This world is full of amazing things and experiences. I wish everyone could experience them too.

I thank you Shri Anandi Ma for showing me that parts of Heaven exist here on earth. I also thank you for Shaktipat and for providing me with the knowledge and understanding to further enhance my spiritual quest. Thank you.

OM SHANTI

TI
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  11:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jai Sita Ram!
Jai Jai Sita Ram!
Jai Sita Ram!
Jai Jai Sita Ram!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  12:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
I do not astral travel consciously and have not taken any courses.Shri Anandi Ma is not my guru although Dhyanyogi was my guru before I met Dhyanyogi Omdasji who is from the same lineage.Dhyanyogi was my guru from the other side and I have been blessed by his energies several times in meditation as well as from his mahasamadhi where his energies still radiate greatly.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  10:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dave and Suryakant
Thank you for your comments.

I was wondering... in the "Shakti" book, Dhyanyogi says:

"There are 101 types of nadis, the channels through which prana flows in the subtle body. One called Hita is of particular significance here, for just as a road connects two towns, this nadi is connected to the Sun and energy is collected from the Sun through it. By concentrating on this nadi, once can achieve various powers, like seeing things very far away, having the ability to do healing, having visions of gods, saints or previous incarnations."

I have experienced some of the phenomenon described in the quote.

Apart from seeing visions of saints etc, the one that I clearly remember is when I was sitting by the river on a sunny day and there were two sun bathers about 200 yards away. I was performing some pranayama and 'seeing' the lovely natural setting with my eyes closed. When I thought of the sun bathers, a very clear image of them appeared to me, like I had a telescope set on them. I mean, a section of my visual area magically opened up into this round circle and inside the circle, I could see them with crystal clear resolution.

I found this on "MIND--ITS MYSTERIES AND CONTROL" by SRI SWAMI SIVANANDA:

"When the mind enters the Hita Nadi, which proceeds from the heart and surrounds the great membrane round the heart, which is as thin as a hair divided into thousand parts and is filled with the minute essence of various colours of white, black, yellow and red, the individual soul or Jiva (ego) experiences the state of dream (Svapna Avastha)."

Do either of you know what the Hita nadi is and have you taken any courses on how to tap into it? I'm thinking that it is as simple as 'feeling or perceiving with the heart'. Could that be?

Thanks.
OM SHANTI

TI
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  12:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

I've read Shri Dhyanyogi Madhusudandasji's book "Shakti", so I've probably read about the Hita nadi at some point, but I don't recall studying anything specific about it. It's possible that the Hita nadi might have been mentioned during pranayama training at one or more of the retreats I've attended.

Speaking for myself, I'm not particularly interested in tapping into specific nadis for the purpose of exploring siddhis. If God and Guru want siddhis to manifest through me, they will.

Sita Ram,
Suryakant

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  11:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
I am not familiar with the Hita nadi but will ask my teacher when I speak with her if I remember.I can tell you that when scanning others the energy shoots from the third eye and is reflected back to you with the information.Maybe this has something to do with what you are asking.BTW, Anhustan is not restricted to following shaktipat but is normally carried out four times a year.You have been instructed differently to I as I do the Butta Shuddi repetitions follwed by the guru mantra reps daily, to balance the energies.Be aware that the BS is a very powerful cleansing mantra and you will suffer cleansing symptoms which on AYP would be regarded as overdoing it.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If God and Guru want siddhis to manifest through me, they will.

Hi Suryakant
Please do not take this comment the wrong way. I am not trying to offend you. I appreciate your correspondence and help and I admire your praise and devotion to God in the highest.

The little tiny thing I'm confused about is this: Are we not all part of God? Correct me if I am wrong but your statement makes it sound like God is separate from you.

RAM RAMAYA NAMAHA
TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  12:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi TI,
I am not familiar with the Hita nadi but will ask my teacher when I speak with her if I remember.

Hi Dave
I would appreciate that.

quote:

I can tell you that when scanning others the energy shoots from the third eye and is reflected back to you with the information.Maybe this has something to do with what you are asking.

I am familiar with third eye scans. They are kind of like a TV camera with a wide angle lens and sort of 'different' colors. I believe that at the time when I experience binocular vision I was viewing the natural surroundings by feeling it with my heart, taking it all in.

My reason for asking is this: if there are specific techniques that are taught to bring about siddhis then surely anyone can learn them. Shri Anandi Ma has a course on Astral Travel and a course on opening the chakras. Perhaps even with kundalini active there is still learning and effort which have to be applied in order to add some magic to this life?

If this life is but a dream then we all should be able to do things that we also do in our dreams, in this life. It may be a simple matter of technique and energy level. However, do not get me wrong. I am not actively seeking Siddhis for Siddhis sake. Jesus said "Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all other things shall be added onto you" (or something like that).

But I'd like to verify them when they do occur and see if there is a little mystery there waiting to be discovered. I for one do not believe that all the spiritual mysteries have been discovered.

quote:

BTW, Anhustan is not restricted to following shaktipat but is normally carried out four times a year.You have been instructed differently to I as I do the Butta Shuddi repetitions follwed by the guru mantra reps daily, to balance the energies.

The requested routine for the 10 days following shaktipat is 108 BS mantras and 5 malas of the RAM RAMAYA NAMAHA mantra.

Yes, according to my instructions, I could do the 10 day 108 BS mantras once a year. Also, it is allowed to do the BS for 10 days followed by the RAM RAMAYA NAMAHA mantra after the 10 days if one so chooses due to time limitations. After that, you are supposed to do three BS mantras and three RAM RAMAYA NAMAHA mantras before every daily meditation. However, in the "Light On Meditation" book by Dhyanyogi, he says that the 108 BS mantras can be done for 40 days in a row.

quote:

Be aware that the BS is a very powerful cleansing mantra and you will suffer cleansing symptoms which on AYP would be regarded as overdoing it.

Self pacing is a good thing and everyone should know their limitations. And if they choose to surpass their limitations, they may or might not suffer the consequences.

The 108 10 day BS mantra made me realize that I'm capable of a lot more and that perhaps I should push myself a little harder. So far I have not had any adverse reactions to the 108 10 day BS, but (as Yogani and other have pointed out) sometimes there is an after effect from certain practices which comes a few days later. All is well so far.

The only thing that is bothering me is that I kind of miss the effort, drive, discipline that I had during those 10 days, like I was going to do that no matter what.

And, I've started to think that mantra repetition is a hoax. I keep thinking that it is not the mantra that does anything, but the fact that producing any kind of continual vocal, subvocal, mental, emotional, mental or intuitive 'tone' causes the lower tan tien and the sacral chakra to kick in and start pouring out energy. And the intensity is relative to the components and effort that a person puts into the sustained thought or tone. And the more effort you put in, the more the breathing arrests itself.

Last night I tried this experiment. I sat in a meditative posture and practiced super-relaxing. Then, I started subvocalizing "oooo" as one long continual sound with no breaks in it. I just kept it going.

What happens is that the lower tan tien and the perineum automatically tighten and release energy (prana, chi or whatever). You can't stop it. Any thought or feeling activates it. If you can't feel this effect, you aren't relaxed enough. The more effort you put into the thought or feeling, the more energy is released. If you even force it and try as hard as you can, the breathing suspends but the energy still pours out (or into the body). This is what I've learned from the BS Mantra.

Next, I added as many mind voices to it as I could. Then I added love and emotion to it. Then, I added ultra quiet silence and deep intuition. By the end of 5 minutes I was cooking myself in heat and the light was descending closer and closer.

Perhaps I am a victim of Krishnamurti's idea that there is no culture in energy flows; it is just something man invented. Or, perhaps we change the energy flow and customize it by attributing meaning to the mantra? Or perhaps it has to do with just frequencies?

I also tried taking the "ooooo" to very low and very high frequencies, ultra high, sonic, beyond light, way up there. I think it cleanses the various subtle bodies and reveals where you need cleansing because certain frequencies are much louder and more resonant than others. As always, I did not overdo this (self pacing) but it is a very interesting phenomenon just the same.

What I think is this. The lower tan tien and testicles/perineum are an electric socket. You can plug in a toaster, a hair dryer, a shaver or anything you'd like in there. (the electrical applicances are the mantras). What results is a flow of energy that produces a specific effect. The more things you plug in, the more energy comes out. If you plug in one giant electrical cable and hook the other end up to Heaven, lookout!!!

Well, enough of that...

TI

Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  11:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

quote:
If God and Guru want siddhis to manifest through me, they will.

Hi Suryakant
Please do not take this comment the wrong way. I am not trying to offend you. I appreciate your correspondence and help and I admire your praise and devotion to God in the highest.

The little tiny thing I'm confused about is this: Are we not all part of God? Correct me if I am wrong but your statement makes it sound like God is separate from you.

RAM RAMAYA NAMAHA
TI

Hi TI

No offense taken, my friend - no offense taken at all.

The words "God" and "Guru", when used in the way that I used them in the posting to which you refer, act as a brilliantly shining spotlight within my consciousness, illuminating the places in my consciousness which still harbor attachment to the illusion of separateness.

Speaking only for myself, I find that skillfully chosen bits of dualism chip away quite effectively at the illusion of separateness.

The words "God" and "Guru", when used as I used them, act as a homeopathic treatment of the disease of dualism.

Namaste (an affirmation of non-dualism),
Suryakant
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000