Where am I at now?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  6:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Perhaps his heart chakra did not open completely? Perhaps his kundalini never rose to the higher chakras? Perhaps, as he says, we cannot understand his experience?

Sure, but anyway, I don't think he reached meaning CL, because I never saw any sign of it in his speeches.

quote:

Once a holy man came to see me. He was claiming that denial of sex is so essential for the spiritual future of man. I said, “ It's a crime against nature. Nature has not intended you to deny sex. ” Then he got up and left. How can that abnormal situation be made a model for all spiritual aspirants and why torture them? Why has denial of sex been made the foundation of spiritual enlightenment? As a reaction or a revolt against that, what you call the tantric system appeared in this country.

I think this is a wrong interpretation. I don't think tantric system is a revolt but a necessity. Tantras are not only about sex, sex is only the final part of it. But, as some people need to keep quiet to develop themselves, other ones notice that with different stimulations, the winds are easier to purify.

quote:

I don't know. He does seem to have experienced bliss and ecstasy

Of course. He had a rather deep example CL, but he didn't really want it. So it was painful.

quote:
He also says that the human body cannot tolerate continued stimulation (such as bliss and meditation) for long periods of time.

That's true for winds/drops blisses. But wrong for the highest kind of bliss, wich is totally outside of the channels. Tibetans speak of a state where bliss is permanent.

quote:

When you succeed in your imagination that you have controlled your thoughts and experienced some space between those thoughts, or some state of thoughtlessness, you feel that you are getting somewhere. That is a thought-induced state of thoughtlessness. The fact that you experience the space between two thoughts, the thoughtless state, means that the thought was very much there.

"the space between two thoughts" is just an example for beginners, to help them to identify natural state.

quote:

Do you happen to know what penetrating the other four doors do? Especially the Ajna or brow area?

No, I don't know.

regards
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  11:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kadak,
Thank you for responding. I appreciate your insight.

Last night, before bed, I did a meditation on the bright white light in the center of my head. Basically, I just focus my attention on it and try to make it the sole object of attention. No mantra or controlled breathing or anything else. Just watch the light.
What happens is that after a few minutes, a shower of tingles is released that flows downwards and envelopes my whole body. Thus, I become distracted and then I try again. After another minute or so, I hit just the right spot where the light doesn't fade and the shower of tingles is released again. I kept this up for 20 minutes, that is, focus, maintain, hit the light and tingles are released.

I assume that what I am doing is melting the white drops in my crown. (I don't know where exactly the white light is situated, whether it's the brow, higher on the brow or actually the crown).
This morning, as I sat for my morning coffee, I had a strange realization or feeling. In my mind's eye it felt like my body was this giant spacious thing. It felt really large and hollow and 'I' felt really small. It was like the inside of my body was a huge universe.

Now for the questions.

Am I penetrating the crown or am I melting drops? (or both or neither?)

Will doing the practice as I have described it cause white drops to be lost or increased?

Thanks.

TI

Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  05:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

was it cold or not ? White drop is never neutral but always cold, or at least fresh (like fresh water)(BTW, you said it was not mentionned in TCLOB, but it is mentioned in "Essence of Vajrayana").
I don't know if you will increase the white drop, but I don't think you could lose it with this kind of practice, because you're cleaning the channels of the head with it, and that's not bad. The only "mistake", if I may say, it that you don't drip it in the central channel, which would be much more useful.
Apparently, you increase the white drop only if you drip it in the central channel.

regards
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  3:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kadak

Hi

was it cold or not ? White drop is never neutral but always cold, or at least fresh (like fresh water)(BTW, you said it was not mentionned in TCLOB, but it is mentioned in "Essence of Vajrayana").

Hi Kadak
It was cold. As a matter of fact, the next day, after eating dinner, my body was cold for the first time in four months. My arms and hands were very cold. I enjoyed it! Today, after meditation, the heat is back so all is 'normal' again.. I will have to buy that book as well.

quote:

I don't know if you will increase the white drop, but I don't think you could lose it with this kind of practice, because you're cleaning the channels of the head with it, and that's not bad.

The tingles go down and fill the entire body, so perhaps it is helping clear the etheric body too. Good to know.

quote:

The only "mistake", if I may say, it that you don't drip it in the central channel, which would be much more useful.
Apparently, you increase the white drop only if you drip it in the central channel.

I'm a little confused. The light in my head is not that hard to find, it seems to be in the center of my head, even if the inside of my head is a rather large space. But is that light not in the central channel already? I can find that light and melt something but you can direct it too after melting it? Does it explain this in TCLOB? It seemed that, from reading TCLOB, that vase breath takes the fire up the central channel and that fire melts the drops, which fall down the central channel. And, if you practice the 'locks' you can slow the drop down and extend the blissful feeling at the channel wheels..
So how does one direct the melting drop down the central channel as opposed to it filling the etheric body?

Thnks!

TI

Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

That's not clearly explained in TCLOB, but when the white drop drips like a shower, it is not in the central channel. When it drips in the CC, it drips only in the center and extends to the entire body from the centers of the wheels. But the main part stays at the center.
For the CC, it is a the center of the body, but as it is not physical, you can ignite the fire at the center of the body and drip the white drop at the same place, and still be outside the central channel. If you re-read TCLOB, he says that some people mess up and ignite the fire outside.
The central channel is the location of divine love. This can be felt at the back, in the spine, too, but as I said earlier, the spine just contains the physical trigger points of the CC, which is itself at the center.
Anyway, when you drip the white drop in the CC, you feel very great bliss (the 4 joys), and, when correctly done + vase breathing, you should see the 7 signs, and it should lead you to the clear light of meditation. But it is rather difficult to have it all OK at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  12:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Where am I at now?
Four days ago I changed my mantra to "OM HRIM KRIM HUM SHRIM".
During meditation I also make a serious attempt at sucking in from my brow (pretending to fall asleep), to the point where my eyes roll up automatically and most of my body feels like it becomes a cloud of energy. In this state, a connection between my brow and my lower tan tien and testicles becomes very apparent, like it is one field of connectedness or electrical energy. I also notice that the root lock kicks in automatically..

The effect has been that after 3/4 the way through a meditation, my consciousness starts to lose it. It wavers and I become disorientated. I loose track of where I am in the mantra repetition. I also notice that my body feels like a flame of sorts; it is moving or pulsing from side to side, especially around the head.

But the thing that is happening that concerns me the most is the visions. I've been seeing snakes for two days now. One was curled like the path around the chakras. Then it straightened out and then reverted back to the extended 'S' pattern. Another vision showed the body of a large dark green cobra. Today, on an in breath, two snakes rose up, entertwining as they ascended and ended with their heads looking at each other. Again, the pattern they produced resembled a circular spiraling pattern around the chakras, like ida and pingala circumnavigating the chakras upwards.

Today, during meditation, I found myself looking at a scene of a man water skiing on a wave board. He was wearing a black and yellow diving suit and the water was very blue. I tried to ignore the scene, but it was like looking at a real life scene. Then, he wiped out and fell into the water. However, instead of sinking, he jumped up out of the water and started running after the boat. It was so funny that I laughed. He was running on top of the water! Then, I got very annoyed that I was having trouble ignoring this episode and I had to direct considerable effort to return to my meditation. It took me about 5 seconds to pull my attention away from this scene. It just would not go away. I feel kind of abused and resentful. I wonder what is going on with that.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  12:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
These are my conclusions. I've just finished reading the "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" and to be quite honest, I have no better idea about my visions now, which have now turned into videos (motion pictures, maybe I should call them dreams?). The one point that resonates the most with me, that I found in the book, is this: As you relax the body and the breath becomes very shallow and light, the winds calm down. When the winds are calm, no thoughts are produced.

This is what happened to me today.

I was sitting on a chair in a waiting room and I focused on my third eye, relaxed my body and started to mentally chant "OM". As I looked up into the space in the third eye cavern, I saw a small universe. The universe was circling around. Gradually, it spun around faster and faster and it's bottom stretched out like a funnel. Then the end of the funnel changed direction and stretched out from the top. After that, the end of the funnel became a long tube which started stretching towards me. At the head of the tube was a colorful item. I kept watching. Holy Crow! It was Mickey Mouse flying around!
I'm thinking that this is the dream world coming to life.

For my afternoon meditation, I didn't go to my meditation room. Instead, I stayed at my desk and did this:
1) Relaxed my body until my testicles and lower tan tien were tingling. When I do this, I can feel energy channels right down to my feet and my perineum involuntarily contracts. I become a cloud of tingles. I also release my breathing so it becomes lower abdominal breathing, very shallow with little or no volitional control.
2) Focus on my brow, pretend to suck inwards like I'm going to fall asleep until I can feel the electrical connection between my testicles and by brow and I put my tongue on my epiglotis. At this point my whole forehead feels like a magnetic vacuum cleaner sucking inwards and my eyes roll upwards and inwards.
3) Start repeating the mantra (nowadays I use "OM HRIM KRIM HUM SHRIM"). (pronounced OM hreem kreem hoom shreem)

Well, what happened today is that I was overwhelmed with very clear dream-like visions. These dreams appear as reality in texture, color and are hard to distinguish from reality. I stayed not attached and watched them progress while repeating the mantra. Towards the end of my meditation, I pulled back my point of view and, instead of shifting from one 'dream' to another, I saw a whole scene that looked like a hundred round openings to dreams and I realized that there are hundreds of dream holes to fly into or focus one's attention on (that's the best way I can describe it). Each hole had it's own little motion picture scene moving along inside of it.

I think that what is happening is that I'm succesfully duplicating conscious sleep, by relaxing the entire body and doing the three steps I described earlier. During this meditation I was still aware of my body, my surroundings and the sounds of the work environment, yet I'm dreaming and meditating. I don't know how to shut off the dreams or get beyond them. Maybe I should see if I could meditate in one of the dreams??

Maybe by generating the mantra I'm stirring up dream winds? I'll have to try to let go of everything next time.. Has anyone else here gotten past the dream phase? If so, how did you do it?

TI

Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  07:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

To get past the dream phase or any phase, you have to dissolve the winds (concentrating on the heart drop would be the best way, I think). I did thousands of lucid dreams myself, but dream state is not very interesting.
(During the dream state, winds abide in the central channel but are not dissolved).
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  12:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kadak

Hi

To get past the dream phase or any phase, you have to dissolve the winds (concentrating on the heart drop would be the best way, I think). I did thousands of lucid dreams myself, but dream state is not very interesting.
(During the dream state, winds abide in the central channel but are not dissolved).

Hi Kadak
Great! Thanks for that. Yes, the dream state is not very interesting. It is like a science fiction library with thousands of books in it!
I have been neglecting my heart meditations because I was getting pulses from the root when I was doing them. I guess I'm a little chicken to force kundalini without insurance.. more on that later.

I was going to mention.. There are two other things which stick out in my mind that I read in "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya":
1) When some tibetan monks die, their bodies end up shrinking and looking like little lotus posture statues
2) Following some practices in that book cause the body to disappear. This one fascinates me because that is supposed to be what happens in Kunlun too.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  01:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Today I got Shaktipat in absentia from Shri Anandi Ma.

After the formalities, I spent 1 1/2 hours meditating.

Throughout the meditation I saw Shri Anandi Ma and at some points, I saw Dhyanyogi and a string of other gurus standing there (all the way back to this blue archer whom I think is supposed to be Ram). At another point Shri Anandi Ma shot some gold and blue electic currents out of her eyes into me.

As far as energy flow goes, I felt very little. And, after that I had to do 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras which took me 1 hr and 20 min. I haven't actually done a regular meditation today. I'm wondering what that is going to be like now..

So, I'm going to be celibate, vegetarian and perform 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras for the next 9 days, as directed. Wish me luck!

TI
Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  09:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have been neglecting my heart meditations because I was getting pulses from the root when I was doing them.

I felt you were doing well with the heart meditation, and, as it is definitely the key, maybe you should try to go further with it. One can see kundalini as something going up from root to crown, or as the clear light level you can reach through heart chakra. As you can see it, meditation should be rather easy.
The clear light is a very transformative energy. The deeper you can go in your heart, the more spiritual transformation you will experiment.

quote:
1) When some tibetan monks die, their bodies end up shrinking and looking like little lotus posture statues
2) Following some practices in that book cause the body to disappear. This one fascinates me because that is supposed to be what happens in Kunlun too.

This is rainbow body. The body reintegrates its original nature, which is light. In fact, some people have already achieved rainbow body while they seem normal to us, because they keep an appearance of physical body to help other people. One with rainbow body can create (several) physical appearances at will, at different locations at the same time, etc. And they don't die, of course, because the death of their physical body is only an appearance for us.

And good luck for the next 9 days !

Edited by - kadak on Jul 13 2008 09:29:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  11:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

Hi,
Today I got Shaktipat in absentia from Shri Anandi Ma.

After the formalities, I spent 1 1/2 hours meditating.

Throughout the meditation I saw Shri Anandi Ma and at some points, I saw Dhyanyogi and a string of other gurus standing there (all the way back to this blue archer whom I think is supposed to be Ram). At another point Shri Anandi Ma shot some gold and blue electic currents out of her eyes into me.

As far as energy flow goes, I felt very little. And, after that I had to do 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras which took me 1 hr and 20 min. I haven't actually done a regular meditation today. I'm wondering what that is going to be like now..

So, I'm going to be celibate, vegetarian and perform 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras for the next 9 days, as directed. Wish me luck!

TI

Jai Ram!

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  4:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kadak and Suryakant

Thanks!!!

I've finally gotten Dhyanyogi's Bhuta Shuddhi Mantra memorized so I don't have to read it out loud. That is quite a powerful mantra directed at the sushumna. I'm going to dry my air body of impurities, burn the impurities in my causal body and join my sushumna to Shiva Parama (highest God).. And when kundalini gets stronger, I now have a lineage of gurus to make sure it is safe. (insurance policy)

TI
Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm going to dry my air body of impurities,

Great ! Please don't forget to tell us when you walk on water !

Edited by - kadak on Jul 13 2008 6:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  9:58:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Where am I at now? I'll tell you.

First taste of kriyas.
I received Shaktipat in absentia from Shri Anandi Ma yesterday. As part of my followup, I have to do 108 Bhuta Shuddhi mantras every day for 10 days. So, this is day 2...
Celibacy: Yes
Vegetarianism: Yes

I sat down in my meditation place and started the Bhuta Shuddhi mantra. Tough going trying to remember all of that. I got a flashlight and when I forgot something, I'd turn the light on and look. After about 15 minutes I had it and was starting to relax into the meditation (sambhavi, tongue on palate, relax the body). I never got really relaxed or all things going at once. I mean, the Bhuta Shuddhi mantra is a killer.

I kept at it, determined that I was going to meditate like regular "I AM", "AYAM" or "OM HRIM KRIM HUM SHRIM" mantra meditation.

Gradually it got a bit easier but not much. I had to do 108 repetitions. After about 40 minutes, my lower back was getting sore so I went and got a chair, put in over my asam and sat on it. Then I continued the mantra.

After another 30 minutes I had it down pretty good, just to the point where I was starting to get comfortable with the mantra. It was still slow going. Too slow. At this rate it would take me hours to finish the 108 repetitions. I also remember that I was starting to get sexually turned on a little. Shortly after 'it' began!!

I was repeating the mantra and I could not remember anything of it. My mind went blank. I tried very hard to remember, to get back into it but I couldn't. I wasn't asleep. I tried again to engage my brain but it wouldn't work anymore. It shut down. I was in awe. I couldn't even think of what to do, where the flashlight was or the paper to read it from. So, I let go.

I mean, it is very hard for something to shut my brain off. When I was a kid, when I got my tonsils out, they gave me three needles to try to put me to sleep and still I wouldn't fall asleep. They ended up gassing me. I've never passed out from a drunk (long long time ago when I did drink as a teenager) and I fall asleep when I say it's ok to fall asleep. I've never been hypnotized and have a phobia about letting anyone or thing control my body. I won't channel or even entertain the idea of channeling. My body is mine.. :)

So here I was and my brain wasn't working anymore. My awareness was still functioning and I could see a clump of lights at the third eye. This clump, consisted of a blue square of light, some irregular shapes of white lights and a yellow triangle of light. I focused on them wondering if there was a scene in there but there wasn't. It was just lights in shapes, like someone had cut out shapes in carboard and then dropped them on the floor.

Next, my head started moving to the right side. As I looked around and started checking things out, I could see an outline of my body that was clear/transparent but it had a very bright white aura around the edges, extending outwards for about 1/2 inch. It was like there were layers of me, superimposed on themselves. One layer was a thick browny type of dense layer with dark clouds in it.

I was not moving my head. There was a 'force' moving it but I couldn't tell where the 'force' was coming from.

Then my head turned over and back and was leaning on the left side. It was weird because I was not asleep, I was aware of everything, yet it was like being in an open space with different layers of my body and the body part of it was being gently moved to different positions. I could feel very fine tingles going up and down my body, up to my toes. There were also different subtle energy flows moving around in the outer denser body.

Next, my body fell forward so that my head was now between my legs. My arms flopped down and startled me. They just dropped like dead weights. That was a bit disconcerting. I knew, though, that this is fine. It was sort of enjoyable. The tingles were nice and subtle. I thought that I had fallen apart. I thought to myself, these must be kriyas. Interesting.

Then I started to get paranoid about having too much pressure on my internal organs from being hunched over like that. So I decided to sit up. I tried to sit up and a 'force' pushed me back down. It felt like a gentle magnetic push on my lower back. I tried again to sit up, and again, this force pushed me back down. So I stayed down. Then I started getting a pain in my leg around the center of the left thigh.

So here I was hunched over on my chair, not asleep, not thinking of much and wondering if I was going to be able to sit up. So, I tried again and put some gusto in it. It worked. I guess I had to know if I could break out of 'kriyas' if I wanted to or had to. Yes I can.. Slowly I realized I should have stayed down there and let it keep going. Stubborn me, always in control.. Next time I'll try to remain seated on the floor instead of moving to a chair.

Now I understand what they mean by "peform the mantra 108 times unless you fall into meditation". Fall into meditation? Who falls into meditation? Meditation is something you perform quietly by yourself and go deeper and deeper. It doesn't come looking for you and certainly isn't a hole that you fall into. WRONG!!! You fall into meditation when your brain shuts off and it doesn't work anymore. Now I understand that.

Total time: 1 hr 40 minutes
Total mantra repititions performed before falling into meditation: ~50
After-effects: tingling through my whole body, goosebumps, a pleasant happy sort of feeling. A part of me cannot believe what just happened and is trying to convince me that I made the whole thing up, like a dream. Yes, I too can lose control over my body..

But, this is a wonderful day. I've "fallen into meditation" and experienced kriyas (and lived to tell about it)

TI

Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  12:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

I was repeating the mantra and I could not remember anything of it. My mind went blank. I tried very hard to remember, to get back into it but I couldn't. I wasn't asleep. I tried again to engage my brain but it wouldn't work anymore. It shut down. I was in awe. I couldn't even think of what to do, where the flashlight was or the paper to read it from. So, I let go.
While practicing meditation on this path, I've let go into meditation many times, when my simple mental japa and third-eye concentration would gently fall away as the kundalini shakti carried me into meditation.

quote:
My body is mine.. :)
Nope, your body is God's.

quote:
I was not moving my head. There was a 'force' moving it but I couldn't tell where the 'force' was coming from.
It was coming from God.

quote:
Then my head turned over and back and was leaning on the left side. It was weird because I was not asleep, I was aware of everything, yet it was like being in an open space with different layers of my body and the body part of it was being gently moved to different positions. I could feel very fine tingles going up and down my body, up to my toes. There were also different subtle energy flows moving around in the outer denser body.

Next, my body fell forward so that my head was now between my legs. My arms flopped down and startled me. They just dropped like dead weights. That was a bit disconcerting. I knew, though, that this is fine. It was sort of enjoyable. The tingles were nice and subtle. I thought that I had fallen apart. I thought to myself, these must be kriyas. Interesting.
Similar to my own experience.

quote:
Now I understand what they mean by "peform the mantra 108 times unless you fall into meditation". Fall into meditation? Who falls into meditation? Meditation is something you perform quietly by yourself and go deeper and deeper. It doesn't come looking for you and certainly isn't a hole that you fall into. WRONG!!! You fall into meditation when your brain shuts off and it doesn't work anymore. Now I understand that.
Jai Ram!

quote:
Total time: 1 hr 40 minutes
Total mantra repititions performed before falling into meditation: ~50
After-effects: tingling through my whole body, goosebumps, a pleasant happy sort of feeling. A part of me cannot believe what just happened and is trying to convince me that I made the whole thing up, like a dream. Yes, I too can lose control over my body..

But, this is a wonderful day. I've "fallen into meditation" and experienced kriyas (and lived to tell about it)

TI

You have received a blessing that people once had to spend years seeking, hoping to find a yogi with both the power and the willingness to confer shaktipat initiation on them - an initiation you've received in the comfort of your own home. Jai Sita Ram!

Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  9:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL TI, you are the bomb! I love you, brother.

Every time I start to read this thread I get lost in meditative absorption. Thank you for lighting the path for all of us. Your posts are extraordinarily clear and lucid.

Namaste!

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  11:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brushjw

LOL TI, you are the bomb! I love you, brother.

Every time I start to read this thread I get lost in meditative absorption. Thank you for lighting the path for all of us. Your posts are extraordinarily clear and lucid.

Namaste!

Joe

Hi Joe
Thanks for saying that.

I'm also glad that you are getting some value from Samuel Sagan's writings.

OM HRIM KRIM HUM SHRIM SUSHUMNA-PATENA

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  12:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
This is day 2 after Shaktipat in Absentia and I went back to work as usual.

Around 10:00 am, I started getting pulled into the meditative state. The pull was not that strong, but it was noticeable. I did not pursue it. I did my regular practice for 1/2 hour at 11:00 am and felt a few energy flows but nothing notable occured.

After lunch, I was once again pulled into the meditative state, but this time is was quite strong. I just let it occur. I ended up with my head resting on my left shoulder/chest while sitting in my chair. It felt kind of like sleeping except that I was awake. I also noticed that every 6 or 7 minutes there was this white-light energy flow going through my body like a pulse. It was very relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable. I hope nobody saw me at my desk becaue they might have thought that I dozed off!

Well, the meditation tonight was a disaster. (I'm supposed to do 108 Buhta Shuddhi mantras every day for 10 days following shaktipat).

Gear: Tongue on palate, gentle sambhavi (no heroics or sucking in from the brow). Just trying to keep sambhavi is hard enough as the mantra is very long and complex.

After about 10 minutes of repeating the mantra, I started to get a steady stream of ecstatic conductivity coming up from my genital region. That was somewhat distracting. After about 40 minutes my whole tailbone section started to hurt pretty bad. I didn't want to get a chair again in case I fell off of it this time. So, I stuck it out for a while. After 1 1/2 hours I could not take the pain any longer and got up and took a break.

I had only done 52 mantra repetitions!!!

I had not gone into meditation, although a few times it sort of started but the ecstatic conductivity (which felt great) was very distracting. I've concluded that if you focus long enough on the brow (gentle focus) eventually ecstatic conductivity arises. It's just a matter of the amount of time spent doing it.. Eventually it will happen.

Anyway, I still had another 56 mantra repetitions to do. So, I got the chair, sat on it and went for another 1/2 hour. The ecstatic conductivity started up again and it's real hard to ignore. I did not hit the meditative state. I still have 30 mantras left to do later.

Total time: 2 hours
Vegetarianism today: Yes
Celibacy today: Yes
Meditation state: after lunch for 1/2 hour but not during the 108 mantras. (rats)
Noteable: Steady stream of ecstatic conductivity..

Better luck tomorrow.

OM Shanti

TI

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  12:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant
You have received a blessing that people once had to spend years seeking, hoping to find a yogi with both the power and the willingness to confer shaktipat initiation on them - an initiation you've received in the comfort of your own home. Jai Sita Ram!

Hi Suryakant
Thank you for your confirmation and comments.
I believe the next 8 days are going to be quite a challenge for me..

OM BHUTA-SHRINGATA SHIRAHA SUSHUMNA-PATENA ...

TI
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  10:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  12:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AYPforum

Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement

Hey, no problem! I'll just notify everyone that had links pointing to this thread that it was moved.

Sorry, I guess I've taken the fact that my thread was moved as some kind of value judgement on my choice of topics and personal practice.
Perhaps it was not intended as such but it does make me wonder about these other considerations:

Is there any guarantee that someone isn't going to come along and just delete this whole thread in the future?

If this thread was going to be deleted, would I be notified first so that I could save it?

Perhaps you could add a folder for "Personal Practice" or "Personal Diaries" on this forum with a guarantee that topics in it won't be moved and any deletions would require notifying the writer first?

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  12:16:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI:

The topic and post links do not change when a topic is moved, and all new posts are highlighted with pink folders and appear in the active topics list where everyone can see, so nothing is lost. It has just been moved to where it belongs.

Your exploration is very interesting and educational for many, but it has little to do with the AYP system of practices, and can be confusing to newcomers looking for support in the AYP practices. That is why we have the "other systems" forum category, for all these other explorations and practice discussions, which are very valuable, but should be clearly distinguished from the AYP system. The "other systems" category accomplishes that. Also, if you are giving advice on practices, it does not hurt to mention whether that advice is consistent with the AYP system or not, if it is not obvious already. It helps minimize the confusion factor for the many who are reading here.

No topic would ever be deleted unless it was grossly offensive to the readership, and then only after multiple efforts by the moderators to address the offenses with those committing them. Your topic does not resemble that kind of scenario at all. It's a great topic, and now it is in the right place. So carry on...

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  3:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi TI:

The topic and post links do not change when a topic is moved, and all new posts are highlighted with pink folders and appear in the active topics list where everyone can see, so nothing is lost. It has just been moved to where it belongs.

Hi Yogani
Thank you for the clarification.
Although internally nothing is lost during a 'move', any external links such favorites links added to browsers, links referring to topics from other forums (such as the Taobums) or correspondence via external emails will be no longer valid. (Thought I'd mention that..)

quote:

Your exploration is very interesting and educational for many, but it has little to do with the AYP system of practices, and can be confusing to newcomers looking for support in the AYP practices. That is why we have the "other systems" forum category, for all these other explorations and practice discussions, which are very valuable, but should be clearly distinguished from the AYP system. The "other systems" category accomplishes that. Also, if you are giving advice on practices, it does not hurt to mention whether that advice is consistent with the AYP system or not, if it is not obvious already. It helps minimize the confusion factor for the many who are reading here.

Will do.

quote:

No topic would ever be deleted unless it was grossly offensive to the readership, and then only after multiple efforts by the moderators to address the offenses with those committing them. Your topic does not resemble that kind of scenario at all. It's a great topic, and now it is in the right place. So carry on...

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Thanks again for the clarification and thank you for providing this forum. Although it is addictive, it is a great help to share concerns, practices, beliefs and stories with the other waves on the ocean.

OM SHANTI

TI
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  4:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI:

The topic and post ID numbers do not change when a topic is moved, and the URL has not changed. This topic is ID=3691, and it will always be that. The forum number is not part of the topic URL. The database knows which forum category to go to by internal means.

If you find any previous links that are not working anymore, let me know. I'd be curious to find out why, since none of the URL info has changed. We have been moving topics for years, and as far as I know we have not lost a link yet.

Your ruminations are an interesting study, if not a clear path that anyone could follow, and I hope you will continue recording your journey. It will be interesting to see where you end up.

Where are we at now?

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000