Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 What is this and what should I do with it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  8:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
Last week I had a very deep meditation and in that my world suddenly changed. during pranayama and meditation (in sidhasana mode) I felt some blissful energy moving up in my body from the root towards my chest. During my Samyama session the energy got to my third eye and then I started feeling that I was an empty bubble... or as if all my body was made of the same material.

Anyway, ever since, I have a weird sensation in my first chakra that produces a feeling of lust and sweetness! After meditation it becomes more pleasurable (as in sexual pleasure) but then after a few hours it gradually loses it's pleasurable quality and turn into a feeling of pressure and/or heat.

I've noticed that any sexual fantasy will massively strengthen this sensation so I try to avoid that even though any sexual fantasy makes this sensation more pleasurable.

Could someone please tell me is this the Kundalini? and if it is, what should I do with it? should it go on like this? What's gonna happen next?

Many thanks,
Emil

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Upon seriously starting my chakra meditation a while back, I started having burning energy in my root chakra. It fully went away after a day or two. I wouldn't worry too much. You're most likely just clearing out some energy pathways. If you start having some kundalini overload symptoms, I'd suggest that you tone down your practice.

Many new sensations will come up during meditation. It's always best to just favor context over content, to just favor the practice and not get too caught up in the new sensations and what not. The only time to really worry is when they're starting to hinder with your daily life, in which case you've probably cultivated too much kundalini energy and are now dealing with it finding new pathways and what not.

Just watch as the feelings come and go. Come and go they will, don't get too attached, don't resist, just gently accept them.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious as to how much samyama you're doing though. I have a feeling it might be throwing your third eye out of whack. I have no experience with samyama myself, though I know it's a powerful practice, and that energy seated in the third eye can make for strong projections of your reality, thus the sexual imagery affecting you so strongly. I'd try cutting samyama out until you've gotten to know the "silent observer" rather well, until you feel comfortable in this aspect of your practice.
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  02:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis,
About 16 min Samyama. I Have been doing it regularly for about 3 months.
The condition that I described has been there for more than a week already. It seems to me like a permanent state or one that needs to transform into something else. I Just want to know what's going on.

Cheers,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  10:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Emil

Hi Divineis,
About 16 min Samyama. I Have been doing it regularly for about 3 months.
The condition that I described has been there for more than a week already. It seems to me like a permanent state or one that needs to transform into something else. I Just want to know what's going on.

Cheers,
Emil

Hi Emil,
It is purification going on. You will feel the energy for awhile, but it will normalize. Don't focus on it too much.. since focusing will only increase the energy. If you think it is interfering with your everyday life and/or making you uncomfortable, do self pace. Getting some exercise or walks, not sitting in siddhasana during practice, cutting down on energy increasing practices will help too.
Wish you all the best, and welcome to the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  2:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Shanti, it's purification, though like I said, energy seated in the third eye makes for strong projections of your reality. If the bottom chakras aren't very purified, and much energy is in the third eye, it basically purges out that lower energy (not lesser, just lower... it's the "lower is lesser" mindset that makes these imbalances), and your imbalances tend to blow up in your face.

It's sorta like... this subconscious stuff was always there, though now you have to deal with it, experience it consciously and bring it into the conscious aspect of yourself. You've probably gotten in touch with the "silent observer" in meditation, and so bring back that observer "pt of view" when this stuff comes up, just accept it, and allow it to pass, know it'll pass.

Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  12:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

I don't know what's that but I have often had similar conditions over the last few months so you're not alone. For me the latest addition is that besides what you have described I started getting cool currents in the head. I mean I feel something much like channels inside my head that have something cold going through. The rest of the experiences you describe are not subsiding so this is cooling off my head but not the rest of my body. It feels like streams of cold steam running underneath my scull. Write if you also experience this next, perhaps after a few months.
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  01:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,
I prefere not to cut down on Sidhasana at the moment if this is a sign of purification happening. I've been meditating for more than a decade but haven't done much on the ecstatic conductivity front. So Sidhasana is high priority for me.

Lili,
I haven't experienced the cool currents yet.. it must be cool :)
I'll let you know if it happens.

Cheers,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  6:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil

Welcome.

quote:
Hi All,
Last week I had a very deep meditation and in that my world suddenly changed. during pranayama and meditation (in sidhasana mode) I felt some blissful energy moving up in my body from the root towards my chest. During my Samyama session the energy got to my third eye and then I started feeling that I was an empty bubble... or as if all my body was made of the same material.

Anyway, ever since, I have a weird sensation in my first chakra that produces a feeling of lust and sweetness! After meditation it becomes more pleasurable (as in sexual pleasure) but then after a few hours it gradually loses it's pleasurable quality and turn into a feeling of pressure and/or heat.

I've noticed that any sexual fantasy will massively strengthen this sensation so I try to avoid that even though any sexual fantasy makes this sensation more pleasurable.

Could someone please tell me is this the Kundalini? and if it is, what should I do with it? should it go on like this? What's gonna happen next?

Many thanks,
Emil

That sounds like pretty classic kundalini stuff going on. Fantastic. It is a symptom of purification and a good sign that you are making progress. The bubble feeling and the feeling of your body becoming one substance are symptoms of entering samadhi.

When kundalini awakens it typically rises up to the level of one of the chakras (depending on previous purification) and then falls back down to its base at muladhara. It then starts its slow ascent back up the sushumna activating and opening each chakra as it goes. This is why you are getting such strong first and second chakra feelings happening. Yes it does transform in time into much more. You won’t spend the rest of your life having strange random highly intense sexual feelings! The progression goes something like, sexual energy... limited ecstasy... whole body ecstasy... ecstatic radiance... outpouring divine love. The whole process happens quite naturally and spontaneously as long as there is no suppression along the way, and everything is embraced as part of the journey.

I don’t see any reason why you need to cut back on samyama, or siddhasana, or any other practices as you are not complaining of any problematic symptoms. But as Shanti says, if you do, then self-pace accordingly.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  01:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
That was all very pleasing to hear. Do you think that particular meditation has been the point of awakening of kundalini?

Also can you please explain what "ecstatic radiance" is and how is it different from ecstasy? And please a little bit on "outpouring divine love".

Thanks,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  1:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not addressed to me, but I'll answer part of it.

Ecstatic radiance is a name for another level of energy/ecstasy moving outward and upward. It's ecstasy that radiates to your surroundings, affecting others. It's been discussed here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2096

Outpouring divine love is what naturally occurs with rising enlightenment, with the merging of ecstasy and inner silence, while you live from the silence, flowing with the process of life.

quote:

We have described the third stage of enlightenment
as "unity," where we see all as an expression of the One that we have
become. That One is pure bliss consciousness coexisting within all
the (ecstatic) processes of nature. When it gets to this stage, we
become a channel for an unending flow of divine love. We act for the
good of all, expecting nothing in return, because we perceive all as
an expression of our own self. In this stage, personal need is
expanded to encompass universal need. This is enlightenment, divine
love naturally manifesting through us, born of the union of pure
bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy inside us.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  5:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for interjecting Tadeas

Hi Emil,

I just wanted to add two things:

1. The process takes time. People are often a bit cagey about giving exact timings for these things as it obviously depends on the person, and the spiritual practices that you do. But I’ll be a bit braver than most, and give you an idea about what I think avarage timelines could be. I think you are looking at between 4 and 10 years with a good set of spiritual practices. That’s after kundalini awakening and up until ecstatic radiance.

2. Even after kundalini awakening, nothing happens very quickly (if at all) without regular spiritual practices. But after kundalini awakening you start working with the energy more, it becomes more like a dance.

Good luck

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  10:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Thanks for your act of bravery. As you said most people would hesitate to provide a figure and that's not very encouraging.
What I've learned from project management is that having any sort of estimate is better than having no estimate at all.
So I'm quite happy with 4-10 years.

I also read your discussion about controlling the radiance. It brought up another question in my mind. You mentioned somewhere that you could still get tempted by beautiful women at times. My question is, what sort of temptation would one feel in that state? Would it be like normal sexual desire? A more evolved form of sexual desire? Or like a light and blissful feeling of love?

Thanks,
Emil
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  01:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey emil, i dug your question on temptation, hope you don't mind me butting in.

Enlightenment (or overflowing radiance), to me it simply involves seeing through the habit of "seeking". Seeing through any beliefs that happyness is found outside of you. Plain and simple awareness of what's going on here and now.

So this applied to women... temptation is natural in my opinion. I'm sure many habits from whatever society we live in and the beliefs we hold, get in the way of seeing the natural beauty of coupling. Only humans could complicate something as beautiful as sex, relationships and love haha :).

To me, the temptation towards women, when at a certain level on the path towards enlightenment, simply turns into a pure sort of a curiosity. A no expectations, let life unfold as it will sort of curiosity. That whole "now moment" thing people tend to speak of haha.

I think it's hard to let go of ideas of what enlightenment means, though I'm sure it doesn't mean that you no longer have human emotions... you just see them for what they are, they happen but you don't identify yourself with them, you're seated in the all encompassing Self. It doesn't mean you don't act on them, but it's like a more centered more balanced sort of acting. In fact, let's call enlightenment acting haha. It's all but a divine play, with you as the starring role, except there is no you, there just is.

Like right now, are you the one reading\the one thinking about whats being said, or the one watching it all go down. The one seeking? Or the one watching the seeker? The one who thinks that girl is hot or... haha, i'm sure you get the point by now :). To me, meditation is just a way to exhaust the seeker in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000