AYPsite.org Forum
 Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Reply Topic - Energy-Based Healthcare Intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All members are encouraged to create new and original topics in the AYP forums. There is no limit on the number of topics that can be put here.

It has been decided to keep the forum introductory posts by Yogani locked and without replies so they can continue to serve as a simple entry point to the AYP forums for all who visit.

In order to accommodate those who would like to reply to Yogani's introductions, they have been copied in unlocked topics (like this one) that can be replied to and will "float" up and down the list with all the other topics.

Here is the introduction to this forum, and the replies to date:

yogani
USA
49 Posts
Posted - Jul 12 2005 : 1:35:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is neuro-energy?

Anyone who has been helped by an Ayurvedic diet, an Accupuncture treatment, a Reiki healing or a Chiropractor has some idea about what neuro-energy is. It has other names: prana, chi, life-force, neuro-biological energy, vital essence...

Whatever we call it, it is real. When it is blocked or out of balance, we become ill. When it is in balance, we are on top of the world. The body has an ability to balance its own inner energies, and we call that our natural ability to heal. While modern western medicine uses many amazing technologies, in the end, they too rely on the body's natural healing powers to accomplish their cures. Every system of medicine and healing does. The human body is its own doctor, pharmacy and hospital. All we have to do is give it the best opportunity to function -- to do its thing.

Alternative modalities of healthcare do just that. Their main focus is on promoting energy balance, preferably with lifestyle recommendations that can serve as a preventive measure, enabling our bodies to keep themselves healthy, rather than from the position of dealing with a body with inner energies being way out of balance.

Neuro-energy approaches to healthcare can also be helpful to those on the path of yoga. While yoga promotes balance in the nervous system, it also expands the role of the inner energies in support of the enlightenment process. Sometimes there can be some excess energy, or an imbalance. That is when we apply the principles of self-pacing in our practice, so as not to aggravate what is usually just a temporary bumpy place in the road on the way to enlightenment. If we come to yoga with deep-rooted imbalances, then it can take some extra measures to smooth things out. That is where the energy-based healthcare systems can provide some support.

Ayurveda is particularly strong in support of yoga, because it subscribes to the same core principles and practices, and offers sound means for promoting energy balance in the nervous system. Some Ayurvada resources can be found in the AYP links section at http://www.aypsite.org/ayurveda.html

This forum is for discussing the many alternative healthcare modalities, and how they can support our continuing spiritual progress.

The guru is in you.

Sparky

USA
1 Posts
Posted - Jul 16 2005 : 08:43:12 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Y. for putting this topic in. I practice Chi Kung primarily, and the similarities are far more numerous than the differences, in comparison to the AYP. I find that combining some of the AYP techniques with the Chi Kung exercises can amplify both. It's easy to overdo, and I've had to do some self-pacing slow-downs.
I also am a bodyworker practicing Craniosacral work, Reiki, massage, Zero Balancing and others in a blend - I find that the more of the self-work I do, the finer becomes my work with others.
I'm happy to discuss any or all of these topics with others!
Thanks again, Y. - for all you do. May your blessings be many.

May our hearts be warmed and our heads enlightened.

riptiz

United Kingdom
1 Posts
Posted - Jul 16 2005 : 10:36:50 AM

You are quite correct , our natural healing abilities are enhanced when we receive energy or energy manipulation( as in stimulation of nadis etc)and in fact there is no such thing as a healer as you actually heal yourself.There are numerous methods for working on our energy systems, to regain balance, clear blockages, repair the chakras.In fact the bija akshars are specifically for the chakras.In spite of all these different methods meditation is still the simplest and overall complete way of regaining and retaining good health.
L&L
dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 19 2005 11:44:16 AM

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  12:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently had cranial sacral work done. I've had some work done before, and it has the tendency to put me in a bit of an altered state, but this time it was profound. As she worked on my cranium, making ever-so-slight adjustments at the base, I felt energy being released from my pelvis and slowly, sensually working its way up my spine and into my brain. What an experience - I was blown away. I want to know more about it, if anyone (Riptiz?) can tell me, and I also want to recommend it to anyone who is experiencing blockages along the spine, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm fairly critical of a lot of the new age fluff that's out there, but this is powerful stuff.

Also - is anyone familiar with the concept of knots (sanskrit=granthis) along the spine? Specifically at the chakras. There are 3 principal knots that need to be untied on the path to enlightenment, and I find the concept to be much more user-friendly than that of "blockages". I use this metaphor a lot in my creative work, and am surprised that it isn't mentioned more often in this forum. Comments are appreciated!

meg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000