AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 More Beginner Questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

growant

8 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  8:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit growant's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I preface my questions with a Namaste and deep bow for Yogani- I have been on the path for 17 years and have never encountered anything like your writings- their simplicity, hopefulness-inspiring, clarity, logic, intuitive correctness, kindness, compassion, non-judgementalness....They deeply resonate with me. I have only been practicing the meditation for a week but already feel the difference. On to my questions-

1 I was under the impression that the holdback method was bad for the prostate (at least until the spinal channel is opened) because, to use the analogy of a rubber band, as the prostate gland is filled with fluid without being allowed to snap back into release/expulsion (i.e., ejaculate) , it is like a rubber band that is stretched repetitively without being allowed to snap back- it ends up stretched out and loses its elasticity.

2 It seems to me that a sensitive lover could 'coax' their partner into tantric states by withdrawing for a time when sensing the others imminent orgasm. Your thoughts on this?

3 You wrote that ultimately vajroli happends automatically/naturally, although you did practice with a catheter. Have you personally known or observed vajroli to happen naturally/automatically in anyone you've known or is this speculation on your part?

4 How would you compare/contrast the efficay of spinal breathing practices to the running of the microcosmic orbit?

thank you kindly

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  11:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by growant

I preface my questions with a Namaste and deep bow for Yogani- I have been on the path for 17 years and have never encountered anything like your writings- their simplicity, hopefulness-inspiring, clarity, logic, intuitive correctness, kindness, compassion, non-judgementalness....They deeply resonate with me. I have only been practicing the meditation for a week but already feel the difference. On to my questions-

1 I was under the impression that the holdback method was bad for the prostate (at least until the spinal channel is opened) because, to use the analogy of a rubber band, as the prostate gland is filled with fluid without being allowed to snap back into release/expulsion (i.e., ejaculate) , it is like a rubber band that is stretched repetitively without being allowed to snap back- it ends up stretched out and loses its elasticity.

2 It seems to me that a sensitive lover could 'coax' their partner into tantric states by withdrawing for a time when sensing the others imminent orgasm. Your thoughts on this?

3 You wrote that ultimately vajroli happends automatically/naturally, although you did practice with a catheter. Have you personally known or observed vajroli to happen naturally/automatically in anyone you've known or is this speculation on your part?

4 How would you compare/contrast the efficay of spinal breathing practices to the running of the microcosmic orbit?

thank you kindly

Hi Growant:

Very happy to hear you are finding the AYP writings to be helpful.

Now that is a list of questions.

I'll offer some short answers, and maybe others will chime in with their own perspectives.

1. Holdback will not strain the prostate, as it is only delaying orgasm by discontinuing stimulation. Maybe you meant blocking of male ejaculation? Some feel this can be harmful. Everyone will go through a clunky stage in the beginning, where pressure is more. It becomes much less as progress in yoga continues. There has been no perceptible damage here in over 25 years of use. Quite to the contrary!

2. Yes, this is what is suggested in AYP tantra, both with our own orgasm and with our partner's. This is what holdback is. And it does lead to very high expressions of spiritual ecstasy within us, during and long after the act itself -- eventually permanent ecstatic conductivity and radiance. (This is part of the cultivation of natural vajroli in both sexes.)

3. Natural vajroli was occurring here long before experiments with a catheter were undertaken. It did not add anything, so was discontinued. So much for mechanical vajroli.

4. See here for a discussion on yogic spinal breathing versus taoist microcosmic orbit: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1474

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

growant

8 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  9:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit growant's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your response!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000