AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Non-duality - multiplicity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  06:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

Beautiful post.

quote:
katrine wrote:
Humourously.... i understand this. But instantly......physically and emotionally; the inner pull....the ever falling into......the drawing closer and closer to the loving anihilation........it is devestating.....gentle and devestating (paradoxically). I am not fully ready to receive the full impact of this tremendous love. I cannot hold the frequency full time.

Only last week I was thinking to myself that I feel like I am falling. Not falling over, or falling in love, but a kind of subtle sense of falling into another world. I have deliberately been avoiuding practices recently, and I think it is because of what you are describing here. Too much devastation/ immanence/ beauty to bear. I am also not ready, so I avoid it. It comes especially when the crown and the ajna are whirling. I know I will have to face it though... soon.

Interesting to see you use the word falling as well. It feels like I am falling backwards, but I know there is nothing to catch me. I know I am afraid. I must admit, I never thought I would need courage to meditate! Lets see if I am brave enough to cry.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  06:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suryakant

Great post.
quote:
I cried during shaktipat, and I cried during meditation for years afterwards. I still cry from time to time, whenever the whitewater rapids of bliss pouring into my crown hit another boulder of longing, swirl around it in spirals of love, and dissolve it away in sweet reality - those teardrops are the bow-spray of the kundalini kayak carrying us across the ocean of this world. Sisters and brothers, let's paddle together across the sea of samara, and celebrate our Oneness on the shores of SatChitAnanda!

Interesting to see you also relate the energy coming down into the crown with the crying and the expansion of love.

I'm up for a celebration!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  09:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Suryakant, Emc, Steve and Christi.

Christi wrote (on Suryakant):
quote:
Interesting to see you also relate the energy coming down into the crown with the crying and the expansion of love.

Yes......it happens like this:
Whenever i am awake, and also sometimes long intervals at night, there is a circle......I am a circle....In the beginning the flow surges upwards; streams out through the Ajna (parts of it goes to the back of the head and from there up....also up the forehead through the crown). It melts with...the gentleness....way above the head; and then everything eases in.... through the crown.....it finds a certain point...in the depth... just to the right of the sternum. This point is like a tiny, hidden, door that opens into something incredibly vast and loving.
The navel area is also streaming......

And so it goes.....all day, the flow is streaming. Whenever I do physical exercise, the body can take more of it...... I walk a lot. I walk to work every day (about a 45 min vigorous walk), I walk home too, and I do Pilates and back exercises in the morning and in the afternoon. Whenever there is time and opportunity...I walk.

Yes....it is not a falling in love.....it is a falling into.....

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  04:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

quote:
Yes......it happens like this:
Whenever i am awake, and also sometimes long intervals at night, there is a circle......I am a circle....In the beginning the flow surges upwards; streams out through the Ajna (parts of it goes to the back of the head and from there up....also up the forehead through the crown). It melts with...the gentleness....way above the head; and then everything eases in.... through the crown.....it finds a certain point...in the depth... just to the right of the sternum. This point is like a tiny, hidden, door that opens into something incredibly vast and loving.
The navel area is also streaming......

Beautiful description. I feel some of this too, only sometimes, and only in part, but it is this movement that causes the fear and stops me from doing my meditations. Or rather it is the feeling of dissolution that it seems to cause that causes the fear.

I wonder about the point you describe, to the right of the sternum. I feel a point below, that seems to be the lower point of the circling, but it is central in my body. In the texts there are various points described, muladhara, kanda chakra, swadisthana, which could form the lower point of an energy field in the body, but they are all described as being on the centre line. I have never heard of an off centre lower point.

quote:
And so it goes.....all day, the flow is streaming. Whenever I do physical exercise, the body can take more of it...... I walk a lot. I walk to work every day (about a 45 min vigorous walk), I walk home too, and I do Pilates and back exercises in the morning and in the afternoon. Whenever there is time and opportunity...I walk.

I have also started walking, as the best way to ground the energy. If I don't walk, I feel stagnant. It is more than just the physical exercise, there is something about the contact of the feet with the earth. I also have to walk a lot if I am to have any chance of digesting food!

Sounds like you have a pretty good routine going in terms of exercise. From the main lessons it sounds like crying is a symptom of purification, rather than an aspect of enlightenment. So presumably, some day it will end.

I was just wondering... when you meditate, are you aware of a golden ball of light above your head? And do you feel golden drops of light falling from this ball, a little like being showered by bliss?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  11:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine, Suryakant and EMC,

I was studying a modern commentry on an old yogic text yesterday, and came accross this paragraph which seems to relate to where you three are at at the moment in your sadhana. I thought I would post it up for you as it may be useful:

"When you experience the state of consciousness known as bhairava, the attributes of Shiva begin to show up and surround you from all sides, but you are not yet face to face with him. It is a moment of intense excitement, anticipation and longing. This agony of separation is similar to two lovers who are about to meet after a long separation, but it is of the nature of bliss, not sorrow; of knowledge, not ignorance.

Vijnana, by its name, implies that during this state of consciousness the aspirant experiences a free flow of specialized and pure knowledge within. However, despite access to the supreme knowledge, still the highest reality has not been experienced in its totality. In philosophical terms it is said that this is on account of avidya, or lack of knowledge. In technical terms this is because of the fact that at this point the consciousness is suspended in the twilight zone where dawn has set in but the night has not fully gone. From this point the consciousness is within the purview of darkness as well as light. On one side it views matter and on the other spirit. Suffice it to say that, as the consciousness is not fully rid of its material shell, it is still within the gravitational pull which surrounds the physical body. In order to get out of that circuit, it will have to take a quantum leap into the unknown to enter the range of influence created by the most subtle, pure and effulgent consciousness.

What this actually means is that in order to transcend matter you have to transcend gravity. It is gravity that holds matter together and pulls the awareness down to the material level. Try to imagine the scenario if one day while sitting in the practice of dharana [meditation], your mind were to attain such intense concentration that dhyana [absorption] occurred and then you entered samadhi. Transcending gravity momentarily, your consciousness would leave the body and become all pervasive, all knowing, all seeing and all-experiencing. At that moment your physical body might begin to rise into the air and float. Depending on your prowess, you may be fully alert or enter into a trance-like state. If the awareness is trained in dharana, it will remain alert and follow the correct path on its flight without being diverted or lost.

At the point when you emerge from the pull of gravity, finding the correct spandam or vibration is very important. Your consciousness has left its cage and is about to take flight. What path should it follow and who or what will guide it at that time? Will it turn back or will it go forward on the right path? Apart from dharana the only other factor that can guide the consciousness at this stage is the guru’s grace. That is why the spiritual master is known as the guru, for he dispels the darkness by steering the disciple’s consciousness onto the narrow path which leads to the light."

From a commentary on the Sri Vijnana Bhairava Tantra by Swami Satyasangananda Saraswati.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  2:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Katrine, Suryakant and EMC,

I was studying a modern commentry on an old yogic text yesterday, and came accross this paragraph which seems to relate to where you three are at at the moment in your sadhana. I thought I would post it up for you as it may be useful:

"When you experience the state of consciousness known as bhairava, the attributes of Shiva begin to show up and surround you from all sides, but you are not yet face to face with him. It is a moment of intense excitement, anticipation and longing. This agony of separation is similar to two lovers who are about to meet after a long separation, but it is of the nature of bliss, not sorrow; of knowledge, not ignorance.

Vijnana, by its name, implies that during this state of consciousness the aspirant experiences a free flow of specialized and pure knowledge within. However, despite access to the supreme knowledge, still the highest reality has not been experienced in its totality. In philosophical terms it is said that this is on account of avidya, or lack of knowledge. In technical terms this is because of the fact that at this point the consciousness is suspended in the twilight zone where dawn has set in but the night has not fully gone. From this point the consciousness is within the purview of darkness as well as light. On one side it views matter and on the other spirit. Suffice it to say that, as the consciousness is not fully rid of its material shell, it is still within the gravitational pull which surrounds the physical body. In order to get out of that circuit, it will have to take a quantum leap into the unknown to enter the range of influence created by the most subtle, pure and effulgent consciousness.

What this actually means is that in order to transcend matter you have to transcend gravity. It is gravity that holds matter together and pulls the awareness down to the material level. Try to imagine the scenario if one day while sitting in the practice of dharana [meditation], your mind were to attain such intense concentration that dhyana [absorption] occurred and then you entered samadhi. Transcending gravity momentarily, your consciousness would leave the body and become all pervasive, all knowing, all seeing and all-experiencing. At that moment your physical body might begin to rise into the air and float. Depending on your prowess, you may be fully alert or enter into a trance-like state. If the awareness is trained in dharana, it will remain alert and follow the correct path on its flight without being diverted or lost.

At the point when you emerge from the pull of gravity, finding the correct spandam or vibration is very important. Your consciousness has left its cage and is about to take flight. What path should it follow and who or what will guide it at that time? Will it turn back or will it go forward on the right path? Apart from dharana the only other factor that can guide the consciousness at this stage is the guru’s grace. That is why the spiritual master is known as the guru, for he dispels the darkness by steering the disciple’s consciousness onto the narrow path which leads to the light."

From a commentary on the Sri Vijnana Bhairava Tantra by Swami Satyasangananda Saraswati.

Christi

Thank you, Christi. That quote describes much of what I feel at this point in my sadhana.

My beloved Guruji has always been pouring his grace into me. When I received shaktipat initiation into his spiritual lineage seventeen years ago, my beloved Guruji's grace became obvious to my conscious awareness. At present, my beloved Guruji's grace is becoming more and more vividly visible and tangible in my conscious awareness.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  10:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
Or rather it is the feeling of dissolution that it seems to cause that causes the fear.

Yes.....I reckognize this. You need not worry at all about the fear, Christi.....the dissolution happens anyway . Your inner loving is meditating you here whether you are conscious of it or not. But it is very necessary to self pace. In this aspect - the fear is useful.....it will regulate the opening. It is however not necessary to make the fear into a story. What i feared.....is simply the idea of it. As it turns out....the idea of it is not it. Sitting here.....letting the stream of words come through unhindered.....being full of it and yet so empty....it is so....peaceful.

quote:
I was just wondering... when you meditate, are you aware of a golden ball of light above your head? And do you feel golden drops of light falling from this ball, a little like being showered by bliss?

No. I don't see this. If I see anything, it is a strikingly blue....something. Or I see the shiny, immensly clear point....I guess it is the star. The bliss.....is not falling from above....it is.... everywhere already.....

quote:

Oh, that's beautiful, Christi......thank you for that quote.

quote:
Apart from dharana the only other factor that can guide the consciousness at this stage is the guru’s grace

They are the same to me.....the meditation is the guru.
But I notice that if I call a guru....Jesus.....or Mother Meera.....it is the same as coming stronger into the shine. Just the mentioning ....the remembering of 'them'....makes it easier to come into the presence already present.

Thanks a lot, Christi.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  05:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

I just re-read your post from earlier:
quote:
It melts with...the gentleness....way above the head; and then everything eases in.... through the crown.....it finds a certain point...in the depth... just to the right of the sternum. This point is like a tiny, hidden, door that opens into something incredibly vast and loving.

I noticed that I had misunderstood "sternum" for "sacrum" (I am dyslexic). So please ignore my response about the lower centres and the central line stuff.
I have heard of the sacred heart being off centre, on the right but have never felt it.
It blew me away when I last visited Paris and went to see the Sacre Cour. Just the fact that there is a huge cathederal right in the middle of Paris named after the most secret place in the human subtle body (and in the universe ). I wonder how many people even know?

quote:
Yes.....I reckognize this. You need not worry at all about the fear, Christi.....the dissolution happens anyway . Your inner loving is meditating you here whether you are conscious of it or not.

I think I am over my fear now (for a while anyways)... thanks for your support.

quote:
It is however not necessary to make the fear into a story.

I won't make it into a story, I promise. Actually I am beginning to see that the fear is the story, and that the person I think I am is also the story. So the person, the story and the fear are all the same thing. They kind of fade out together...

quote:
It melts with...the gentleness....way above the head; and then everything eases in.... through the crown.....

I don't know if you are interested, but the place above the head that you refer to, according to legend, could be the paramatma (the supreme soul), the christ light. It is said to be the seat of the human soul that does not enter the physical body, but remains untouched by the drama of birth. According to the legend when your consciousness dwells in that place you will become one with Christ.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  3:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
I noticed that I had misunderstood "sternum" for "sacrum" (I am dyslexic). So please ignore my response about the lower centres and the central line stuff.

Will do
You know.....I don't think about these particulars much anyway.
I could never find the secret heart, Christi. Whenever i searched for it, it was gone. It took a long time for me to understand that when I was in......a glimpse of truth.....it was "destroyed" (covered over) by the immediate reaction from the mind. You know....trying to mentally "pin down" what was happening. To analyze it and ......store it....
The very movement of the mind (in the beginning i immediately started to write it down....very afraid that i would forget it) was what propelled me away from myself.......humourosly; the very instant i was actually consciously Home. Strange, isn't it........the paradox of it all.

The noticing of the hidden crack to the right of the sternum is not important at all. It just...I just noticed, that's all. It comes of its own accord....but in itself, it is not important. It is what is beyond it that is the real. And this is already real, isn't it?

Anyway.....I don't do that as often anymore (the analyzing...) When I am consciously the shine.......I am naturally stopped........
and nothing compares.....
Nothing compares to actually being here. And there are no words for this.....
The closest i get to describe it, is simply to be surrendered to it. To be alligned to it. It is the very fact of letting the words flow through....to reach out and touch itself through "another". It is not the words per se.....it is the touch. the touch is like two drops of water touching and willingly melting into each other. Talking like this, Christi, is like being One inside your heart. This is the closest I get to describe being the shine.

I visited the Sacre Coeur in Paris with my husband and children about four months after the cancer operation (almost 12 years ago now).
I still remember the whiteness of that.....holy structure. And the worn ....centrally indented hollow of each step of the winding stairs....up...up....up. Eons of feet...stepping.... reaching upwards....It was such a sweet place.......and very comforting for the broken heartedness...

quote:
I don't know if you are interested, but the place above the head that you refer to, according to legend, could be the paramatma (the supreme soul), the christ light. It is said to be the seat of the human soul that does not enter the physical body, but remains untouched by the drama of birth. According to the legend when your consciousness dwells in that place you will become one with Christ.

I see. I cannot find this place either....I just perceive that the melting with the gentleness somehow happens in that region....wherever it is.

What a beautiful legend!
I am so glad that although what is called the christ light is not touched by the drama of birth - we are certainly touched by it!

What a treasure we are, all of us

Thank you so much, Christi
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2008 :  5:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful post, Katrine:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  3:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"...to reach out and touch itself through "another". It is not the words per se.....it is the touch. the touch is like two drops of water touching and willingly melting into each other."

Wonderful, Katrine! Thank you for that post!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  12:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

quote:

Do you know a few weeks ago after I had read this post, I felt the energy flowing down through my crown and entering a place just to the right of the centre of my chest. I later googled it and came up with a description by another lady of the same occurence. It is interesting that you use the words "gentleness" and "eases". In the new testament I have only seen one description which seems to correspond with the descent of the kundalini, and it is when Jesus is being baptised by John. It says something like "and then the holy spirit descended on his head like a dove".

quote:
The noticing of the hidden crack to the right of the sternum is not important at all. It just...I just noticed, that's all. It comes of its own accord....but in itself, it is not important. It is what is beyond it that is the real. And this is already real, isn't it?

I understand what you mean. I too noticed it when I wasn't looking for it. And it really doesn't matter much. I can see that. But then, the things that really matter are hard to find words for, aren't they?

quote:
When I am consciously the shine.......I am naturally stopped........
and nothing compares.....
Nothing compares to actually being here. And there are no words for this.....
The closest i get to describe it, is simply to be surrendered to it. To be alligned to it.

Do you find it incredibly intense, to be in that awareness, in the shine? Like after some time you feel like you will explode or something?

quote:
The closest i get to describe it, is simply to be surrendered to it. To be alligned to it. It is the very fact of letting the words flow through....to reach out and touch itself through "another". It is not the words per se.....it is the touch. the touch is like two drops of water touching and willingly melting into each other. Talking like this, Christi, is like being One inside your heart. This is the closest I get to describe being the shine.

Yes, I have felt this too, like a complete "connectedness" with another. Like a communing is taking place and I know the other totally and they know me totally. And it can happen with a complete stranger in silence. Sometimes it feels very Holy and beautiful, and at other times it feel a contraction away from that, like an uneasiness or uncomfortableness and then it is gone. But the conectedness is coming more often, and staying for longer when it comes. Maybe one day it will stay and never leave.

Thanks for another beautiful post.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  4:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Christi: In the new testament I have only seen one description which seems to correspond with the descent of the kundalini, and it is when Jesus is being baptised by John. It says something like "and then the holy spirit descended on his head like a dove".

"This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

John 6:58

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up".

John 3:13-15

"...they spoke against God and against Moses, and said, "Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the desert? There is no bread! There is no water! And we detest this miserable food!" Then the Lord sent venomous snakes among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died. The people came to Moses and said, "We sinned when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord will take the snakes away from us." So Moses prayed for the people. The Lord said to Moses, "Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live."

Num 21: 4-8

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 21 2008 4:26:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

quote:
Do you find it incredibly intense, to be in that awareness, in the shine? Like after some time you feel like you will explode or something?

No. See......it is such a relief to rest in the shine. It is as if you are lightly.......very lightly touched on your eyelids; like a subtle, sweet breeze gently feathering your lids..... like a caress of someone you love beyond measure......someone that has lived for eons..... and has known of all your hardship. And in this silent touch you can finally lay yourself down.
In the beginning all I could do was cry.....the loving touch is so....tender. So gentle. Everything is allowed to surface. It is safe for it to surface. And what surfaced - for what seemed like a long time - was eons of identification with pain. The pain of believing that we are separate. It has been going on for such a long time......there was so much grief within me. But then; once it was cleaned out (all it took was not resisting the surfacing of it) - it was revealed that the me I thought was "mine"....was in fact not. It was just another object. And in this realization; the.....the boarders falls away. Nothing is locked in anymore. So the feeling of separateness simply.....dies.....when i don't believe in it....when finally seen as it is, it simply stops.

There is no pressure....since there are no walls.
And no intensity....since there is no direction. No arrow-pointedness....since I am that which i was aiming for. Nowhere to go. And yet....everythng is still happening.

The touch.....lets the eyelids rest. And in this peace.....the seeing happens.

quote:
Sometimes it feels very Holy and beautiful, and at other times it feel a contraction away from that, like an uneasiness or uncomfortableness and then it is gone. But the conectedness is coming more often, and staying for longer when it comes. Maybe one day it will stay and never leave.

Yes. Just like that. Just like that......be compassionate towards the "contraction away from". It is so understandable that we are.....hesitant. After all....it is a radical shift of perception; to go from being limited to this body to being everywhere always. It takes time and preparation to be able to directly know it.

And this is why we practise. Gently and consistantly.

Thank you so much, Christi

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  1:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for this wonderful post Katrine. Deep peace from reading.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  04:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is wonderful, Anthem
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  06:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Katrine,

Here is that quote from the lady I refered to earlier, in connection with the kundalini decending to the right side of the heart:

"The stages of Kundalini:

1. The beginning of burning sensations at the second center (not on the axis, but to the right).
2. The piercing of the heart center.
3. Reaching the top of the crown center. The mystical union/moksha/nirvana.
The electrical phenomena accompanying this event are of such a kind as to cause immediate heart failure to the faint at heart. At this stage, it appears that self, ego etc. never existed - they were a case of mistaken identity. OM (the "alpha" from the bible) is "experienced" (it is more than hearing) and one +knows+ how it will "end" (6.)
4. Kundalini descending from the crown to the heart center on the right (the "Heart"). The beginning of spontaneously going into nirvikalpa samadhi. The crown center becomes the "home base" of Kundalini.
5. One remains "anchored" in nirvikalpa samadhi but the consciousness of mind, body and senses is "added"; the state is called sahaja samadhi.
6. When the consciousness of mind, body and senses are completely
transformed into pure consciousness, the same electrical event occurs as in 3. and OM is "experienced" for the last time(the "omega" from the bible).

In this state, one is pure consciousness, still linked to a body. This link isn't compelling because without the urge to breath one can leave the body at will without the least pain. At this stage, being pure consciousness, it appears that Kundalini never existed (apart from consciousness). "

Jan Barendrecht

quote:
Katrine wrote:
Yes. Just like that. Just like that......be compassionate towards the "contraction away from". It is so understandable that we are.....hesitant. After all....it is a radical shift of perception; to go from being limited to this body to being everywhere always. It takes time and preparation to be able to directly know it.

And this is why we practise. Gently and consistantly.

I will try and be compassionate towards my own contraction, and dispassionate towards my mind.

And passionate towards...?

I can relate to what you say about the gentle touch on the eyelids. You were probably speaking metaphorically rather than litteraly, but do correct me if I am wrong. I feel it sometimes as a cool breeze on the front of my head, somewhere between the ajna and the crown. When it comes, it brings a sense of peace and release and surrender. It is sweet and pure and seems to somehow disolve the pain of separation.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  06:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,

Thanks for the biblical references on kundalini. Show's how much attention I paid in bible class!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  1:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, Christi: Thanks for your previous post, too, since I needed that. It came at the right time.

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  05:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Christi

quote:
I will try and be compassionate towards my own contraction, and dispassionate towards my mind.

And passionate towards...?

If you allow what is already happening (in this case; the contraction) without judging it in any way....then the very seeing of it (the quiet watching) is itself compassion. The intention to “not judge” (or, rather.....if judging happens, allow this too but don’t go with it.....let it pass of its own accord.....don’t lose your attention in it).....stay still watching; then this is itself dispassion.

And.......the result of this “non-doing” is.......the unveiling of the shine. The less you “do” (mental activity); the greater is the perception of the shine.

As for the “passionate towards”.......
I guess it could be a matter of words......but resting in the shine is sort of beyond emotions; while as one can define “passionate” as:

”having or expressing strong emotions”

The shine is breathtakingly beautiful......it is loving in a way never explained before (it is always like that.....ever new.....ever undefinable). In the beginning it is only natural that one is overcome by strong emotions after such a perception. One passionately longs for it to “come back”. One passionately loves it. But........it is with the emotions as it is with the mental activity.....it veils the shine. Your attention “drowns” with the emotions.

Therefore......to be able to consciously rest in the shine.....what is needed is devotion. Devotion......is not passion. Devotion is a forever bowing of your head to that which is greater than you. It is the willingness to “lose the shine” at the very instant you are in it. The wanting of it......always clouds it. So.....paradoxically.....one.....develops so much trust......so much courage (through practise and deep understanding)......that one becomes able to sort of “give the shine back to the shine”. One becomes able to...not grasp it.

It is like being willing to let go of that which you love the most. That is why compassion is so crucial....

But once this understanding is integrated (as in: acting on what you know as true)......the shine still reveals itself! What one thought was the end of everything....becomes a complete opening....a complete marriage.

And one is instead in a state of quiet awe.....very open.....very, very wonderous.....totally awake in the mystery that is never to be explained.

Christi......thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  07:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, thank you for your expression and sharing, it touches the core of my heart and being ... so much love ...

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is wonderful, Steve
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  10:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted to also thank you for the beauty of your post, Katrine. So much Love. You truly are one of God's Emanations:

quote:
Sod Ha'Tzimtzum ("The Secret of 'Contraction'")
Three stages of the secret of "contraction": the "removal" of God's Infinite Light; the "impression" that God "withdrew" from creation; the "ray" of Divine light radiated into the primordial darkness.

http://www.inner.org/worlds/tzimtzum.htm

quote:
Tiphereth is associated with divine love, with healing, balance and harmony. In comparing with Eastern traditions, Tiphereth is usually associated with the central Anahata chakra in tantric tradition, which contains many of the same archetypal ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiphereth

quote:
The Anahata chakra is physically positioned at the heart region...

Anahata is associated with the ability to make decisions outside of the realm of karma. In Manipura and below, man is bound by the laws of karma, and the fate he has in store for him. In Anahata, one is making decisions, 'following your heart', based upon one's higher self, and not from the unfulfilled emotions and desires of lower nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anahata

Also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seder_hishtalshelus

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 27 2008 11:04:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  12:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
VIL......
I am smiling and singing at the same time.
Thank you for emanating that!

I will read and enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000