Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Big shock/head spin while meditating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  2:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last night while meditating I went deep and then suddenly I had a big shock or something like a big spin in my head. I was brought back into mundane world!

After that I just could not concentrate more.

Is this normal, AM I in right direction.

Many thanks for guiding my inner guru.

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  2:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was most likely a trim from the cosmic barber, the perception of a blockage being cleansed.

Go to Top of Page

BluesFan

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit BluesFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had the same thing happen twice this week. It was right at that point where you're there with no mantra and no thoughts but still awake and then BOOM! However in my case it didn't really disrupt my continued concentration. It was almost like a wake up alarm, a flash, and then I'm back on the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  8:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Purification--removal of impurities from your mind/body, which are obstacles to experiencing higher consciousness--is often felt as some physical movement, emotional mood or sudden sensation. And since purification is often set off by experiencing the transcendent silence of deep meditation, it is likely that the depth of your meditation triggered the "shock", as you put it. This is a natural result of successful meditation.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  08:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experienced this same thing about a year or two ago now, and in my opinion this is the kundalini reaching and changing the brain. This is a first small taste of the awakened state. As time goes on, it'll evolve into a more calm state of awakeness. You'll be thrust into "the now", and experience a strange kind of brightness that you don't necessarily see but you experience. Your breathing will stop temporarily and you'll not think about anything for a little bit...you'll be absorbed in this brightness and "now-ness". As you practice going into that state more and more, the state will lengthen and become stronger. It'll gradually make its way into your daily life, as has been the case with me recently.

At least this is my experience.

The spinning feeling is purification. You might also experience fear and nausea, as I did. Also, you might lose a lot of sleep. This lasts a long time but it goes away after all. Cut back on your practices, or even stop if you feel the need. The purification won't stop, even if you stop practicing.

Oh, also...the "deep" meditative state and the "shock-bam-back-to-the-real-world" state come together after time. They become indistinguishable. I guess this is because your brain is used to being aware that when you go into the deep thoughtless state, you're still conscious.

Alright, once again, just my experience. I'm no expert. Peace.
Go to Top of Page

spinmeditation

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  07:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have feeling like spinning or rotation in meditation, It is a sign of meditation leading to an advanced kriya yoga path.

Spinning or rotation in meditation happens at very advanced stage of meditation. For better understanding on this Spinning or rotation in meditation, you can check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnVBkXj3QHM

You can check your stage of meditation by checking this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcX-CBrF9m4 so that you can understand yourself that its happening to you at the advanced stage.

Rotation or Spinning of the astral body within, happens after receiving abundant cosmic energy. Due to consciousness moving to a point it starts spinning. The astral movements within would be so uncontrollable that even body starts moving. The spinning of various body parts happen based on the body part or chakras at which the astral movements happen. When the meditation happens at the point of spinning, the breath turns inward and an unknown pranayama takes place within naturally. The more meditation happens like this through spinning, the more the soul gets purified and gets rid of its sanskaras and karma and move forward.

In this path, Nature would the teacher for such aspirants. In order to move forward in this path, one can chant the following 5 Elements mantras and Invoke the teacher.

From then on the teacher starts guiding from within and also starts meeting various other aspirants who have been in this path to get further guided. 5 Elements of the Nature are the primal forces that guide in this path. The mantras are

1. Om Pruthvi Deavaya Namaha
2. Om Jala Devaya Namaha
3. Om Agni Devaya Namaha
4. Om Vayu Devaya Namaha
5. Om Akasha Devaya Namaha
6. Om Prakruti Devaya Namaha
7. Om Guru Devaya Namaha

To know how to pronounce these mantras you can also check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAcIzssordU You can also check this Google Plus community to get connected to similar people.

Drinking, smoking, harming others, jealousy, anger, greed, lust are strictly not advisable in this path.

For any help or guidance in this path, you can contact us at prakritikriya@gmail.com / +91 - 934 75 78781 (or whatsapp us) , we will be glad to help you forward.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  11:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000