Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Jed Mckenna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2007 :  3:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This guy has apparently wrote 3 books
1) Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damndest Thing
2) Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment
3) Spiritual Warfare

One of the things that Jed advocates is something that he calls Spiritual Autoclysis. This is when you basically just sit down witha pen a a notebook and write everything you think is true and simply just deconstruct everything that you think is true trying to come u with something that IS TRUE. Sounds like a form of self-inquiry to me. I remember when i first read about it months ago I had thoughts like "wiriting and languange is what got us into this mess and it is what will get us out of it"

A have a friend who just read Spiritual Warfare who got very agravated reading it. He read it the whole thing in one shot, finishing it at 4 in the morning. he said it really ****ed with him. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Probably both.

Anyway Jed Mckenna is probably a fake name because nobody even knows anything about him it seems. He's off the grid so to speak.
But his work seems very interesting and I would probably recomend it to someone starting out with spirituality. I think that in nthe west nowdays, with our instant gratification tendencies, we're going to see a lot of people starting "backwards" on the path. I sure did..
But i think i'm gonna spend some time on my but for a little while before i undergo this type of practice again..

Take it EEEEAAASSSSYYY

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  2:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
here is a quote from Jed Mckenna that i got from this web site

http://www.spiritualteachers.org/jed_mckenna.htm

"Here's a simple test. If it's soothing or comforting, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy; if it's about getting into pleasant emotional or mental states; if it's about peace, love, tranquility, silence or bliss; if it's about a brighter future or a better tomorrow; if it makes you feel good about yourself or boosts your self-esteem, tells you you're okay, tells you everything's just fine the way it is; if it offers to improve, benefit or elevate you, or if it suggests that someone else is better or above you; if it's about belief or faith or worship; if it raises or alters consciousness; if it combats stress or deepens relaxation, or if it's therapeutic or healing, or if it promises happiness or relief from unhappiness, if it's about any of these or similar things, then it's not about waking up. Then it's about living in the dreamstate, not smashing out of it.
On the other hand, if it feels like you're being skinned alive, if it feels like a prolonged evisceration, if you feel your identity unraveling, if it twists you up physically and drains your health and derails your life, if you feel love dying inside you, if it seems like death would be better, then it's probably the process of awakening. That, or a helluva case of gas"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000