Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Saniel Bonder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  3:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Saniel Bonder is the founder of Waking Down in Mutuality, a loosely-nit community that spreads mostly throughout North America.

Saniel was a close devotee of Adi Da for about 22 years until he became dissilusioned and left in 1992 and shortly thereafter awakened.

I'm kind of a part of the community. I went to a satsang where Saniel had a talk and I was surprised how much I enjoyed. It's more of an intellectual teaching kind of like Ken Wilbur except much simpler and easier to understand.. What I fond most interesting is the circumstances upon which people awaken in Waking Down. It's in one way a different kind of interpretation of what's actually happening in the process of awakening.

Anyway, I'm still very unfamilar with it so I should probably stop where I'm at.

One thing i will say is that there is a lot of talk about being both the infintie limitless all-pervading consciousness as well as the finite flawed seperate self simultaneously. To me since I've very skeptical after witnessing how easy it is for people to fool themselves firsthand it makes me think that this leaves a lot of room for assuming one has awakened. But they are also very open to doubt apparently so I could be mistaken..

The main website is www.wakingdown.org for anyone interested. There's mentors and teachers that are within the community that are spread across the country (i became very interested when i found out that there's one only 20 minutes away from me) so that should serve as further motivation to check it out.

Seeya
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000