New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis

What grace.....to read your post. Thank you so much.

quote:
It is my understanding then Katrine, that we are not alone. We can be in a community that understands aloneness.

Yes. In acceptance of aloneness, oneness is revealed. The aloneness merges with itself

After all - what I ressonate with in meeting "you" is the ressonance already present.

We are all full of it; and as such never alone.

Thank you again for your wonderful post.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  7:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks everyone for your sharing. i haven't had time to post recently but the little time i've had lately to be on this website, i've been following this thread. i have been very aware of this loneliness and craving to merge with God lately and i've noticed that only when i weep- really weep with body racking and all - do i feel any surrender and release, and it is the surrender that brings me back into that loving flow of peace. i notice when i feel like i'm in control of my life and i'm the pilot on this plane of life then that's when i'm most present to the loneliness. i think underneath the loneliness for me is fear- fear that God will not sustain me... and so i pray for God to relieve me of the fear and weep for God whenever blessed with those moments to do so (i never thought i'd be asking to weep, but i know you all understand). that's all i can do i suppose
thank you all so much for your postings! this community is made up of such truly wise and loving individuals. thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  12:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you CLK for your beautiful post

Your weeping reminds me of the story of Amma, which I am reading at the moment.
She talks also of her weeping to be one with Krishna and this continued for a long time untill she was eventually merged with him.

Thank you for your weeping, its not something that comes easy to me.
Surrender is alway the key, it seems. The fact that we truely are not in control of anything.

And thank you Katrine

Blessings and joy
Louis
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  02:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that weeping is not always a sign of "overload". It's release, it's tears of grace. Everytime a layer drops, there's weeping for me. Tears of joy, bliss, bhakti... all at once.

I read at amma's site something like "Five minutes of crying is the best meditation".
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  1:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've gotten so much from the series of posts here on the ache of loneliness. Have been feeling tremendous loneliness, the sensations of the loneliness being in my heart, upper chest, and throat. Did a little yoga which culminated in weeping in child's pose. When I can allow this surrender, it seems that I always feel softer. Ironically, I've been thinking alot about Amma lately as it seems my Kundalini process started last year around the time I saw her for the first time and two nights later had a dream with her in it. I know that with loneliness is longing, longing for deeper connection with Divine spirit. I'm grateful for this site and all these posts.
Blessings,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  3:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, amazing topic, amazing posts. You're all a buncha beautiful kickass lonely souls :) haha.

Lately I've been feeling like "layers of suffering" have just been pealing away. Mucho laughing, a bit of crying. You guys almost had me in tears just now haha, but only cuz I know all this suffering and loneliness we speak of, even if I was payed a million jabillion dollars, I wouldn't get rid of a drop of it, it's such a gift, like the fabric that holds us together, keeps us human, together... :)

Suffering, aloneness, all of it... every single time I've gone inside, I've learnt, it's never what you think it is. I'm gonna repeat that one, cuz I think it's the only thing I've learnt in this life time... it's never what you think it is haha.

I avoid it, it stays, I go into it, it deepens, but in a good way. I'm sticking with going into it, no matter what :). Man, life is so simple when you know this. Like experientially, "I'm not scared to face ANYTHING that's inside of me" kind of know this.

I reckon once you know the infinite within yourself (you can start now. it is infinite after all :) haha), other people become "strangers" to you, and it's a certain kind of loneliness, but one where you have much love and want only to realize your own and others potential. I think that's what loneliness is about to me. We are infinite beings after all. One can get lost in the infinite... but really, that's how its always been.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  4:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
wow, amazing topic, amazing posts. You're all a buncha beautiful kickass lonely souls :) haha.

AMEN brother! You took the words out of my mouth there Divineis. I also read this thread and it gave me such joy and a feeling of connecting...Thank you! You truly are beautiful people and I feel blessed by being part of this. Thank you.

I was atracted by the topic as I have been feeling exactly those feelings (syncronicity?). I am meditating for a bit more than 2 months now and this 'depth', the 'layers', the ultimate 'loneliness' that it's been so much talked about it's coming to the surface due to the 'digging'. It's always been there really...I am just feeling so much more and at the same time feel more in control of it.

Well, just wanted to share. But especially say thank you and bless you all.
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  4:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

... every single time I've gone inside, I've learnt, it's never what you think it is...

This is soooo true. I do this psychological/body oriented thing called Focusing with a partner every week. I took my loneliness into my body. Its like the wizard in the Wizard of Oz, "don't go there" but then when you get the booming voice out of the way, its different, beautiful, multifaceted. I went inside and the loneliness that I felt in my solar plexus/heart area opening up and it was blissful. So the separation (and ultimate connection) starts with me.

I'm reading Byron Katie's book right now and it seems to fit somehow.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I keep hearing about this Katie Byron book which i have at home and i just need to open it...
great thread, i love this thread... when i feel lonely which i've come to realize is a feeling that comes up and then eventually with time passes (when i do the necessary things: meditation, journal writing, weeping, talking out my feelings) but i've also come to relate to it like the weather. sometimes it'll just be so ugly outside- gloomy rainy, boring day and then the sun comes out. i've hear that metaphor before but it's so simple and also so real. nature cannot grow without the rain and it is so beautiful because of the rain. one simple thought always seems to help in those moments where i'm feeling lonely, aching for the divine which is "THIS TOO SHALL PASS". i don't know when but it always does. now with meditation i know i can be with the process now. great to hear from you all. be well!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000