AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 erection and spinal breathing.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  03:00:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I once heard one should learn to stay "erect" or aroused all the time. I forget what yogi said it, from what ive experiance, the "outer" vibrations are much strong and easyer to produce in this state.
Ive also read that the outer vibrations are created by the out flow i believe it was.

It seems this may be a proficiant way to practise spinal breathing and get the benifits of pranayama.

BUT! i only mean aroused, not the creation of fluids or such.

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 02 2007 04:41:04 AM

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  1:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by avatar186

I once heard one should learn to stay "erect" or aroused all the time. I forget what yogi said it, from what ive experiance, the "outer" vibrations are much strong and easyer to produce in this state.
Ive also read that the outer vibrations are created by the out flow i believe it was.

It seems this may be a proficiant way to practise spinal breathing and get the benifits of pranayama.

BUT! i only mean aroused, not the creation of fluids or such.

Hi Avatar:

Forgive me, but that one caused a belly laugh here. Some gurus insist on killing erections permanently with extreme forms of siddhasana, tight strings and other weird devices, while other gurus want us to have an erection during practices.

Well, which is it?
How about letting it be?

The practices we have, including mudras and bandhas in moderation, in addition to our core practices of deep meditation and spinal breathing, are more than enough. Then there is siddhasana (not extreme), tantric cultivation during sexual relations, samyama, and all the rest. A lot of tools...

Erections (or not) are the tail on the dog of yoga, and we can let the tail do what it must. Sometimes the tail will wag the dog, but seasoned practitioners will know better. We just easily favor the practice over the experiences that are continually coming up.

The guru is in you.

PS: If there is a strong desire to experiment with spinal breathing and sexual arousal, consider this lesson, which comes at it from the opposite angle -- spinal breathing during tantric sexual relations: http://www.aypsite.org/T33.html
It also clarifies what has been touched on above about introducing tantric elements (siddhasana, mudras, bandhas, etc.) into sitting practices in a balanced way.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  1:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Down boy, mind.

Edited by - Kyman on Oct 02 2007 1:43:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  5:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It might be helpful to view an erection as a leaking downward of that which yoga is steadily cajoling upward.
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  05:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha thats exactly what it says, the outer vibrations, is the energy going out.

I like the middle ground, let the energy grow, cultivate upwards.
But i have another similar question, doing tantra.
These vibrations can be increases many many times, in whitch one should moderate, but on the out breath, if one lets sexual fluids manifest, all the outer vibration is drawn at once into the creation of fluid, then bring it up@!

hmm, i asked this becouse along time ago, i accedently preformed tantra a couple times, and experianced purification, or the vibrations so intensly after wards, that i set out to find the perfect technique for cultivating it. But i cultivated so much energy, in only a few sessions, my thoughts are what is it that regulates how much energy we cultivate?

My thinking is that its using sexual fluids as a matrix of sorts, a medium i think is the word, prana being the energy, and sexual energy is the subliminator. LOl, anyways just a thought.

Oh yes, and from what ive heard, if one wants to get rid of random erections, or at least too much energy down their, simply subliminating it works well. lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000