AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Fine Book: Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  9:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm thrilled with Yogani's latest book.

The term "moderation" really fits what he teaches. With respect to diet, he meets mainstream Americans where they are at: On an obsessive quest to slim down, focused either on low fat or low carb. He moves from there in the direction of healthful eating, emphasizing self pacing and inner silence. The section on Amaroli is both sensitive to the stigma issue, and persuasive in argument. And it is nicely dovetailed into his discussion of fasting. One little note gave me an Ahaa, like, "I was just noticing that!" reaction: When soma energy is rising, it reduces to the volume of urine sometimes. When I was fasting and also doing a little amaroli recently, I noticed that although I was drinking lots of water, I was not urinating that much. Now I see that as related mysteriously to the process of soma energy rising. The one practice I have never tried, but am now planning to do, since reading the book, is the enima. All the teachings are linked to core practices. He also pays due respect to the spontaneous yoga which I like because I personally usually try intentional practices only after spontaneous yoga has pointed the way.

Many thanks to Yogani for another excellent contribution to his teaching series.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  08:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell,
It really is a very good book.
When you have some time, and if you would like to.. could you put your comments as a review to the Diet Shatkarma Amaroli book on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Shatkarm...66480&sr=1-8
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  11:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
could you put your comments as a review to the Diet Shatkarma Amaroli book on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Shatkarm...66480&sr=1-8

I tried it today, but since I already have an account with Amazon, and I've written previous reviews under my real name, I couldn't do a review without my real name showing. I would prefer to keep my urine drinking secret. So maybe I'll do a review when I'm on a public computer and use a pseudonym. Thanks for the suggestion... I do want to get the word out.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2007 :  9:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can't you just log in under a different name? There should be a link that says something like: "Hello (your name). If this is not you click here". then create a new log in name.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2007 :  4:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Can't you just log in under a different name? There should be a link that says something like: "Hello (your name). If this is not you click here". then create a new log in name.

I tried it. First, to create a new account, they required another email address, which I had. Then they required that I had bought a book from that account. I had not. Next time I buy a book from Amazon, I'll buy it with that account, then I'll do the anonymous review.

Edited by - bewell on Aug 13 2007 5:05:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  3:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

I tried it. First, to create a new account, they required another email address, which I had. Then they required that I had bought a book from that account. I had not. Next time I buy a book from Amazon, I'll buy it with that account, then I'll do the anonymous review.

Hi Bewell:

Thank you for your kind comments.

There is a way to set a separate (anonymous) name for doing Amazon reviews, but I can't seem to find it.

Another way is to change your account name in "my account" information. This does not affect sign-on (which is by email address), or anything else in the account.

Amazon reviews are very important for reaching beyond the AYP community, and the AYP books have been receiving fewer and fewer of them for the past several books. Here is how many we currently have on Amazon USA:

AYP Easy Lessons - 21
Secrets of Wilder - 12
Deep Meditation - 18
Spinal Breathing Pranayama - 11
Tantra - 9
Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas - 8
Samyama - 6
Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli - 0

The Amazon international sites have far fewer reviews -- none in many cases.

Some balance is much needed. It would be greatly appreciated if everyone who is on Amazon and enjoys the AYP books will chime in with reviews. Only a few words are necessary for a review. In many cases, it can be a matter of copying your comments from the forums or private emails to me to an Amazon review. Limited visibility compliments are very nice, but for best results it is the general public that really needs to see them.

Many thanks for helping out in this important area!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
...could you put your comments as a review to the Diet Shatkarma Amaroli book on Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Diet-Shatkarm...66480&sr=1-8

Done!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got your back, Yogani :-)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  6:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

I got your back, Yogani :-)

Thank you too, Anthony.

Glad to hear amaroli is helping with a long time health issue. Sometimes an answer is literally right in front of us.

And certainly within us...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000