New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  2:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where have you got this information about Yogiraj Gurunath Thokar? I cannot find any posts on the http://www.boards2go.com/boards/boa...?&user=Kriya about him (could not be looking properly.

He seems pretty genuine and I get a good feeling about him.
Also I can't find any other information online saying that he is ex SRF + a lot of unbiassed people back him up, also there are quite a few x SRF people following him + x Babajis Kriya Yoga to.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  04:55:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mikael

I think I may give him a try.

by the way Thokar, i read that book on kriya you suggested and it was quite interesting, i also emailed the author and asked him about Yogiraj and he said he is aware of him and his teachings and had nothing negative to say.

Hello mikael, I came across your query post about Gurunath, I am booked to go to a retreat in the UK in June, I was just wondering how your experience was?

I am having an inner and outer debate between AYP and Kriya due to the recommendations of this AYP program over Kriya (not yet an ex Gurunath student though) though this is the AYP website, and I guess even if I get more involved in AYP it would still be nice to get a taste of "Shaktipat- the transmission of Kundalini Energy-Shivapat- Sharing his Soul consciousness of thoughtless awareness and Pranapat- Breathing the peaceful breath through the disciples". and to meet Gurunath who I do feel drawn towards, the money is the only issue (+recently reading some put downs about Sri Gurunath), being a student £350 is quite a lot, but I guess money's nothing but energy and I looked forward to experiencing a lot at this retreat.

God bless
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today, I sent my guru daffodils.
She rejected them because she is not in that kind of mood.

wilted from the rain, I cut them and put them on the dinning table.
uplifting to see signs of spring and I could see that I wanted to share them with someone special ...just even in thought....not the actual flower but the spoken flower.

now,
I am back to the Guru, because everything seems to never work.

I make minimum wage which is $7.35 and I don't like the idea of paying for aggrevation. At one time, I think I felt more generous and wanted to give, even entertained the idea of donations...so it seems more optional. I avoid mainstream teachers. Phone calls, or conference calls or weekend retreats...

not that I ever left.

anyway...I don't know if spring flowers are in your area-but they sure are a comforting and wild burst of spring in the air.

by the way, what would I owe you thus far, financially?

sage

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing your daffodils with us... your flowers are greatly appreciated here Sage.

I see my daffodils popping their heads out in my garden... and my guru.. my inner guru is never not in the mood to accept their beauty.
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  9:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"and my guru.. my inner guru is never not in the mood to accept their beauty."

Shanti, indeed
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  01:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum namah sivaya

all the joys of the guru and the guru's grace.
interesting topic. gratitude to all who shared their inner garden flowers!

its hard to judge as we judge ourselves in the process. each guru serves a purpose. the external guru at the first stage- setting alight the inner lamp is important and truly needed.

nandhi agrees with yogani on the aspect of the guru being within but holds that an external guru is necessary for most seekers to at first alight the inner lamp. with maturity, the guru within ourselves awakens. this nurturing of the inner fire thrives on humility and ancient grace of the guru.

sri gurunath is a beautiful being serving his purpose with those who are destined to resonate with him. likewise, amma resonates with all who hug her. likewise, swami paramahamsa nityananda through his intellectual guidance. likewise each person who are lit with the inner guru alight another. each guru serves their unique purpose for our individual need.

sometimes, the fraud student gets the fraud guru to enlightens each other- but let us not be judge of the karmic dance:)

the initial faith and necessary surrender of the seeker to the process of initiation/saktipat/diksha is important. to be lit on a journey is worth much more than all money earned through a lifetime. to be set alight is a sacred act. it requires a big sacrifice as it means a death and rebirth in our own lives and the dakshina we pay as $108 or $10000008 or spending the whole night waiting for a hug- is still too cheap. the only thing expensive is time spent in ignorance and suffering. the word and concept of guru is meaningful of deep gratitude for those who are lit.

little thoughts offered.

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Mar 27 2010 04:56:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  4:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nandhi

aum namah sivaya

all the joys of the guru and the guru's grace.
interesting topic. gratitude to all who shared their inner garden flowers!

its hard to judge as we judge ourselves in the process. each guru serves a purpose. the external guru at the first stage- setting alight the inner lamp is important and truly needed.

nandhi agrees with yogani on the aspect of the guru being within but holds that an external guru is necessary for most seekers to at first alight the inner lamp. with maturity, the guru within ourselves awakens. this nurturing of the inner fire thrives on humility and ancient grace of the guru.

sri gurunath is a beautiful being serving his purpose with those who are destined to resonate with him. likewise, amma resonates with all who hug her. likewise, swami paramahamsa nityananda through his intellectual guidance. likewise each person who are lit with the inner guru alight another. each guru serves their unique purpose for our individual need.

sometimes, the fraud student gets the fraud guru to enlightens each other- but let us not be judge of the karmic dance:)

the initial faith and necessary surrender of the seeker to the process of initiation/saktipat/diksha is important. to be lit on a journey is worth much more than all money earned through a lifetime. to be set alight is a sacred act. it requires a big sacrifice as it means a death and rebirth in our own lives and the dakshina we pay as $108 or $10000008 or spending the whole night waiting for a hug- is still too cheap. the only thing expensive is time spent in ignorance and suffering. the word and concept of guru is meaningful of deep gratitude for those who are lit.

little thoughts offered.

aum

Amen / Aum
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

victory be to dharma whose form we assume as the guru within.

each breath to evolve as received grace with gratitude and higher purpose.

aum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000