AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 The Spiritual Benefits of Specific Supplements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billeejak

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit billeejak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As the techniques practiced here are neurobiologically based, does anyone have experience with the beneficial use of specific herbs, supplements, foods (not just generally "satvic" foods) etc. towards the direct enhancement (of significant note) and or improvement of "Deep Meditation" or "SBPranayama" type practices and related spirtual states of mind? I am NOT talking about illicit "drugs" here. I point to things like Holy Basil or Rhodiola Rosea and some of the claims surrounding those herbs.

I am curious about specific herb and food type "supplements" and their potential use for effectively providing the proper nutrients to benefit certain centers or glands (like the pineal gland) in an effort to improve spirtual practices as utilized in AYP. I suspect dopamine and DMT stimulation specifically may play a large role in such methods and "spirtual" experiences in general.

Any experiences and knowledge would be interesting to hear.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 11 2007 7:59:54 PM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  6:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...pplementList

this site has lists of supplements and herbs, as well as every single other biological functioning behind kundalini energy. I would caution you about becoming too dependent and expecting of supplements to replace real work and Bhakti, but I assume you probably know about this and are just looking to make sure your diet is one more conducive to conductivity.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  7:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

billeejak

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  08:20:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit billeejak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes...Thank you for this interesting site.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000