New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  01:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Followers of the Way, the Dharma of the buddhas calls for no special undertakings. Just act ordinary, without trying to do anything particular. Move your bowels, piss, get dressed, eat your rice, and if you get tired, then lie down. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean."

~Lin-Chi (9th century China)

Edited by - Balance on Jul 05 2007 10:55:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

it is a bit of a mastery
to accept that the mystery
of what I am
is beyond thought

-leaf on water
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  3:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Earnestly avoid seeking without,
Lest it recede far from you.
Today I am walking alone,
Yet everywhere I meet him.
He is no other than myself,
But I am not now him.
It must be understood in this way
In order to merge with Suchness.

~Tung-Shan (China, 9th century)
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  3:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

people are beautiful
when they are forgiving
for they exhibit
the light
of acceptance
and freedom

~leaf on tree
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  2:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Now it was seen that all of life is a great play. There is only ever knowing, but this knowing is seemingly veiled by the mesmerisation with the ‘I’ thought and all the other thoughts that appear as ‘my’ story. Our true nature as Consciousness is awareness and the appearances. The ‘I’ is simply a part of the scenery, as are all the other various images, and when it is seen through – or seen for what it is – then seeking and tension fall naturally away.

^Nathan Gill
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  12:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

We pray for our life of tomorrow,
Ephemeral life though it be;
This is the habit of our mind
That passed away yesterday.

~Ikkyu
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  01:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The nun Chiyono studied for years, but was unable to find enlightenment. One night, she was carrying an old pail filled with water. As she was walking along, she was watching the full moon reflected in the pail of water. Suddenly, the bamboo strips that held the pail together broke, and the pail fell apart. The water rushed out; the moon's reflection disappeared -- and Chiyono became enlightened. She wrote these words in celebration of her Enlightenment:

This way and that way
I tried to keep the pail together,
Hoping the weak bamboo would never break.
Suddenly the bottom fell out....
No more water,
No more moon in the water,
Emptiness in my hand.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  02:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

sound in silence

motion in stillness

form in transparency
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  03:15:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The mind that does not understand is the Buddha. There is no other

~Ma Tsu
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I Am That
And That is All

and That is the Brilliance
which all this is -
life death love anguish
compassion understanding healing
light

the Brilliance within
where the Heart opens and there is
Nothing no self no one
only aching beauty
and overwhelming gratitude

Outpouring

~David Carse
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

In true love, there is no object of desire, affection and tenderness; for the object of desire, affection and tenderness, the beloved, has collapsed into the lover. The object has collapsed into the subject, and there is only love: only love, and nobody to be aware of it; nobody to know it and nobody to deny it. Only love, both radically alone, and intimately connected to all things…

~Jeff Foster
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  2:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The vastness annihilates me. It literally destroys me. Walking through these empty streets, the vastness is there, consuming everything, every thought, every sensation. And yet the vastness is not separate from everything that is arising: the glow of the streetlamps, the shadows of lovers walking arm-in-arm, the rumble of night buses, the sound of footsteps on the cold pavement. And once again the secret that is so utterly obvious reveals itself: I am nowhere to be found, and I am everywhere. I am nothing, and yet I am one with all things, because there are not really any separate "things" at all.

-Jeff Foster
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  3:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Whoever brought me here will have to take me home."

~Rumi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  6:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right on the spot! Just what I needed, Balance! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  3:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Only by SEEING that this KNOWING essence that I AM is actually beyond duality, that it IS the source of SEEING and that apparent appearance of duality, that it IS the actuality of THIS One, 'appearing' to be two - and so only from this pure and empty space of knowing is the mystery solved. - Yet the mystery has no validity except apparently in the dualistic mind.
Whatever 'profound insights' you may have had, the value or importance is only given to them within the dualistic realm of the mind and that is all psychological mind games - a mirror maze of fragmentation. - Images have no intrinsic functions - no knowing, seeing or being - they simply 'appear'.
'Who-ness' enters and 'I Know' splits the 'knowing' (one-ness) into twoness and an 'owner' of knowledge sets up a campsite in the mind."

-Gilbert Schultz
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  4:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Like a meteor, like darkness, as a flickering lamp, An illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, Like clouds, a flash of lightning, or a dream: So is all conditioned existence to be seen."

-Buddha
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There is no person that becomes enlightened. No-one awakens. Awakening is the absence of the illusion of individuality. Already there is only awakeness, oneness, timeless being, radical aliveness. When the dream seeker is no more it is seen (by no-one) that there is nothing to seek and no-one to become liberated.

-Tony Parsons
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which is...the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates. It is the wonderful mystery.

-Tony Parsons
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  2:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Notice that everything is constantly changing, and yet, it all happens right here and right now. Here is always here. It's always now. This "now" can't be grasped or pinned down, nor can it be avoided. It's always right here, seamless, undivided, inseparable.

~Joan Tollifson
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  2:53:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift
and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant
and has forgotten the gift.

-Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  02:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"The Kingdom is inside you and it is outside you

Split a piece of wood, and I am there

Lift up the stone and there you will find me"

^Jesus, from The Gospel of Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  2:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

In the midst of all this

The Beloved has never

Would never

Could never leave you

For you are that very One

~shining darkness
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  7:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Six Words of Advice from Tilopa

Let go of what has passed.
Let go of what may come.
Let go of what is happening now.
Don't try to figure anything out.
Don't try to make anything happen.
Relax, right now, and rest.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  12:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"If you help me worship My Ego

I'll help you worship yours."

~Phantom Puppet
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  2:57:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"Okay...But I want the bigger crown!"

~The "I" Thought
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000