AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Questions, questions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mattimo

25 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  3:48:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I have read in one of the lessons where a question was asked about whether meditation cures disease - or something to that effect; the answer was that it is more of a prevention. I personally would suppose that for certain conditions consistent meditation practice might invariably cure various ailments; however, the goal, I would imagine must not specifically be that, lest the whole aim of meditation be misconstrued. Specifically, I am referring to my eczema condition and also extreme bodily muscle tension that I have. My question is: would combining the beginning stages of AYP (mantra meditation and spinal breathing) with an active qi-gong exercise program be beneficial or problematic. That is, energetically, would qi-gong conflict with the core practices of AYP. My intentions, of course, with qi-gong, would be to aid my immediate physical health.

I sincerely appreciate any and all responses,

Thank you

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  11:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mattimo,

I can't comment on qi-gong as I have no experience with it, but can say that healing on many, many levels is closely tied to meditation and related practices. It is my experience that meditation is both prevention and in a way a cure for many of the ailments which can affect our lives.

In regards to muscular tension, a good program of asanas in addition to any sitting practices can have a great impact in helping us to find relaxation. It has been my experience that meditation and related practices lead to a letting go deep inside which slowly over times translates into more well being and overall physical and emotional relaxation. Our physical bodies respond to our emotional and mental states and will eventually reflect this changing dynamic from within.

I have had bouts of mild eczema over the years from time to time and have come to recognize that for me, it is closely tied to trying to move too quickly through life. I believe diet also plays a significant role, at least this has been my experience. I have noticed that the eczema comes far less frequently and with less intensity now than ever before.

I would recommend doing pranayama and meditation in line with what you were thinking and if qi-gong is grounding, which I believe it is, it could help as well. At the end of your meditation, if you spend a little time seeing yourself healed, with perfect skin, relaxed muscles etc., I would see this as going a long way to helping you be what you want to be.

Best of luck,

A
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  12:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Anthem a lot, but I would like to add that the body is complex and just because you're doing yoga doesn't mean your specific conditions will be healed.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  1:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mattimo, migraines are really diseases I suppose, but I truly feel that my meditation keeps the migraines at bay. And when I do get them now, which is more rare, meditation eases them if not eliminating them.

As a casual observer, I have noticed that when doing my practices consistently, I rarely get colds and viruses that others at the office are plagued with, even when I'm around the sick people.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  09:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000