AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 What goes up the spine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  10:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A Question for Yogani.

I have no semen. What is it that goes into and up my spine? :(

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  11:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Opal

A Question for Yogani.

I have no semen. What is it that goes into and up my spine? :(

Hi Blue Opal:

I took the liberty of moving your inquiry over here to the tantra forum.

If you are asking how it works for a woman (I'm assuming that, and apologies if this is incorrect), there is a function in the G-Spot (sometimes called the "female prostate") which produces a milky substance which enters the urthrea, and acts in the process of spiritual transformation in the same way semen does in a man. This is the same substance involved in "female ejaculation."

This spiritual process is discussed from the male point of view in the lesson on vajroli: http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html
...also there is some discussion on the process in the woman in this lesson on the evolution of spiritual biology: http://www.aypsite.com/T11.html
...and it is mentioned in this forum posting as well, and perhaps elsewhere in the forums: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....C_ID=388#310

Based on private input received from a number of women over the years, the assumption is that the process described in the lessons is what happens in both men and women, including confirmation of a visible milky substance found in the urine at times, due to the ramping up of the ongoing processing of sexual essences. As the process advances with the rise of ecstatic conductivity and radiance, the substance is fully absorbed upward. Higher processing related to this also occurs in the GI tract, which is discussed here: http://www.aypsite.com/51.html

So it isn't only about essences going up the spine, which they do. As a result of our practices, the neurobiology is evolving in many ways within us to support our spiritual transformation.

Further confirmations (or contradictions) on this process are welcome from those who aren't shy about it. All for the cause of advancing applied yoga science.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  2:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May I just add some physical notes...

The female prostata is actually not located only at the G-spot, but there may be more or less gland-tissue along the urinary tract. From the tissue there are small channels leading into the tract. However, stimulation of the g-spot is often the key to get ejaculation! Some women have a lot of gland-tissue, some less. The fluid that ejaculates is often not so "milky" if you expect milky to be a bit white in colour - rather many women believe they pee when they ejaculate, because the fluid is see through. However, it is just slightly thicker than urine, and definitely differs from urine since it has a sweet taste and no particular smell. The amount of fluid that can be produced differs A LOT between women. Some research suggest it is on average a tea spoon. That is to my knowledge a very modest amount. It may be considerably more! Some have none!

Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  2:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I do have a discharge that is related to the menstrual cycle, but it is transparent. I have never seen anything white and gooey in my wee.

I have noticed that the currents in the spine have no relation to my level of sexual arousal. The only times I can't feel the currents is when I am not well, for instance, I am not intensely aware of the currents when my nose is blocked.

I do not understand how sex is related to my spiritual life.

I am beginning to think the currents are there simply because I pay attention to what goes on in my body and have nothing to do with a mystical energy at the base of the spine.

What are your thoughts on this?

Why am I still able to feel the currents even though I haven't practiced any form of meditation for about two years now?

Why do I sometimes feel intense pain in the third chakra?

What is the blue light that I can see with my eyes closed?

What causes my body to shake uncontrollably when I concentrate too hard on the spine?

Can there be yoga without meditation?

Why do I hear the sound of bells ringing in the distance whenever I block my ears? Is it tinnitus?

What say you? You seem to have read a lot about this stuff. :)

Perhaps the currents in the spine are a symptom of an underlying neurological disorder. I thought the sensations would go away when I stopped meditating, but they're still there. Not that I mind being this way, the currents make me happy and at peace with my surroundings.

The Preview Reply button doesn't seem to work.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  4:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blue Opal:

Perceptible activity in the pelvic region is not a prerequisite for energy experiences anywhere else in the body. The neurobiology of it can be quite beneath the surface. Such is the case with inner visions and sounds like you describe. And even ecstatic experiences higher up in the body can be quite separate from sexual content. But all of these things find their root (literally) in the pranic storehouse located in the pelvic region. It isn't aways labeled "sexual." It does not have to be. However, the inner mechanics are the same. The spinal nerve (sushumna) goes from perinenum to head and all that happens in there is connected. Plus, every cell and nerve in our body is directly affected by what is happening in the spinal nerve.

As for yoga happening "without practices (meditation)," I'm not sure that yogic progress will. But experiences certainly can, since these are energy movements inside that can happen for a variety of reasons, and are not necessarily indicative of yogic progress occurring. For example, one can be psychic for all their life without progressing one iota in yoga. Yoga is about ongoing transformation (union), and does not happen without some sort of intention by the person involved. Residual symptoms (or gifts) can be the result of our past intentions and actions (maybe forgotten), leading sometimes to the cry, "Why me?!"

Keep in mind that devotion alone (including sincere inquiry) constitutes practice, leading to meditation and other yogic activity. To whatever extent you are emotionally involved with your spiritual development, there is practice occurring. It is called "bhakti." Any sort of longing to know, evolve, or become will result in "yoga."

Also, the focusing of attention within the body is an aspect of practice, and you are seeing cause and effect in that, yes? In AYP we are very specific with the placing of attention in practices, in spinal breathing pranayama in particular. The thing is to do it systematically in conjunction with the cultivation of inner silence via deep meditation. Otherwise things can get out of kilter energy-wise, especially if kundalini is active already, which yours seems to be.

The pain, blue light, inner sounds, ecstatic currents, movements, etc. are likely kundalini symptoms. Kundalini symptoms alone do not necessarily imply ongoing progress in yoga. For progress, we have to steadily move beyond all that through some sort of consistent and effective practice. Here are a few lessons that might help:
Kundalini symptoms & remedies: http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Blue light (and star): http://www.aypsite.com/92.html
Movements: http://www.aypsite.com/183.html
Deep meditation: http://www.aypsite.com/13.html
Spinal breathing pranayama: http://www.aypsite.com/41.html
Devotion/Bhakti: http://www.aypsite.com/67.html

There are more lessons on these things in the topic index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

Perhaps if you share some of your history, more light can be shed on what is going on. If you have done so already elsewhere here, just provide a link.

It would be good if you can get into a steady routine of practice of your choosing that will provide some safe regulation of your inner energies and also cultivate inner silence and the refinement of your experiences in a progressive way. Without some sort of systematic daily approach, you might be relating to the present energy patterns as they are for an unnecessarily long time.

By the way, it is not about what is in the books. It is about what is going on in us. You are the book.

Just some food for thought. All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2007 :  02:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

Thank you for your reply. I no longer feel comfortable talking about my quest for God, but I might do that some other time.

___/|\___

Blue Opal
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  1:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok, this is a very illuminating thread. It is simply not true in any sense whatsoever that breathing slowly creates an oxygen deprivation effect that magnetically vacuums up semen or the small amount of fluid that women sometimes get, up the spine etc

That does not exist.

Perhaps you are confused. Perhaps your experiences suggest to you that something is going on in the spine etc. But i can assure you it is not semen.

This theory of semen being kundalini is wholly misleading, dangerous and patently false.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  2:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

This theory of semen being kundalini is wholly misleading, dangerous and patently false.

I agree with you.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Sep 20 2009 2:57:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2009 :  3:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi:

You seem to be misunderstanding the expansion of sexual function in the process of human spiritual transformation, including the reasons for brahmacharya, tantric sexual methods, and the rise of natural vajroli.

Saying it isn't so doesn't make it not so.

Perhaps review this topic for further perspective: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6326

It is not as cut and dry as you imply. As sexual essences rise, they are sublimated in various ways and function on many levels in the neurobiology. This is not a matter that can be resolved through intellectual debate. It is a matter of direct experience. It is also a matter for scientific research.

As for restraint of breath (pranayama), up to and including suspension of breath (kumbhaka), the knowledge is ancient that it stimulates a body-wide pranic awakening rooted in the pelvic region -- kundalini/ecstatic conductivity. Many of the AYP techniques involve this principle, either deliberately or spontaneously. Someday science will resolve whether or not oxygen intake reduction stimulates the pranic awakening in the pelvic region, and how this relates to the rise of sexual essences via natural vajroli. Until then, anyone can find out for themselves through the use of yoga practices.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  02:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi
breathing slowly creates an oxygen deprivation effect that magnetically vacuums up semen up the spine

Now I clearly understand what was going on with me from last few months.

I have found the answer to my question posted here http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6345

After reading gumpi's comment and others, I also read http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html

I have not discharged semen from last several months... I have orgasms that surpass the level that happens when you ejaculate semen. So naturally you won't think of ejacuating semen. I personally feel now its a low level orgasm when you ejaculate.

I think its natural vajroli happening to me... meditating in Siddhasana, creatinf vaccum by blocking breath, and then doing Shirsasana in the ened so that Ojas is being sent upwards.

IT IS ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW!!!

I am glad I joined this forum.

Thanks Yogani and everyone!!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS: It should be clarified that the reduction of oxygen intake through pranayama does not directly produce a physical upward "vacuuming" of prana from the pelvic region. Rather, it is a biochemical drawing up, similar to how a food fast stimulates the drawing of nutrients from the fatty tissues of the body. In both cases, there is inner purification and opening, which is why both fasting and pranayama are regarded to be spiritual techniques.

Paramahansa Yogananda asserted that pranayama "purifies the blood" by removing excess carbon. This would be the other side of the same dynamic -- reducing oxygen intake via pranayama would increase carbon dioxide concentration in the blood, and perhaps the subsequent (biochemical) drawing of prana from the pelvic region stabilizes this: Thus, "reducing carbon in the blood." Science will have to answer that one. I can't. Perhaps Yogananda felt it would be less controversial to describe the effects of pranayama as a purification of the blood, rather than a deprivation of oxygen leading to a pranic awakening. The truth is that these explanations are two sides of the same dynamic occurring during pranayama. Either way it is viewed, the beneficial effects of pranayama are well known. We don't have to know all the inner workings of the machine to put it to good use. The actual internal workings will finally be revealed by scientific research, not in intellectual debates that can go on forever. The important thing is that we are practicing daily and gaining the good results.

Natural vajroli is a physical ("vacuuming") process in part, but is a subsequent step after the biochemical drawing up has occurred as it relates to pranayama. Brahmacharya, tantric sex, and hatha yoga methods (mudras, bandhas, etc) also have roles in cultivating natural vajroli, which is more on the physical side of it. It has never been claimed in AYP that pranayama directly produces a physical vacuuming effect. Pranayama produces a biochemical effect as described above. This is true of positive pressure (internal) or neutral pressure (passive) kumbhaka (breath suspension) also.

Negative pressure (external) kumbhaka may be considered to produce a physical vacuuming effect, though such a physical effect may be regarded to be less significant than the biochemical (oxygen reduction) effect. It is another question for science. Extensive use of external (negative lung pressure) kumbhaka is not recommended in AYP, because over time it may have an adverse effect on the health of the lungs. We only use it for brief periods in uddiyana bandha and nauli. It may also occur spontaneously during deep meditation from time to time.

Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  10:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Natural vajroli is a physical ("vacuuming") process in part, but is a subsequent step after the biochemical drawing up has occurred as it relates to pranayama.

Dear Yogani Ji

When I am in Shirsasana... I can feel the prana/energy (or semen?) being sucked from my testicles and going downwards into the head (via bladder?). The testicles feel like a fruit getting its pulp sucked out (it wobbles physically). My breathing also stops before/during this (the belly is already inwards) and the vaccum feeling can also be felt because of this.

However it does not feel like I would die out of oxygen... I am neither out of breath when its over. I rather feel stronger.

Now that I am going through the AYP chapters one by one. I understand that Pranayama, Siddhasana, Kumbhaka, Moolbandha, Vajroli, Shambhavi and many many other asanas, bandhas, mudras happen automatically to me.

I remember the last few times (several months ago) when I had sex, I would go into Shambhavi automatically and it would extend the pleasure and prevent ejacluation.

As you have said in your Eight limbs of yoga book... I realise it was all in the nervous system. Earlier I thought I was possessed by some spirit who was doing all this to me. I still can't fully believe that its all in my nervous system and that I am not possesed. I went to a few Exorcists few years ago but they all said I was not possessed. But I did not believe them and still had a doubt.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manig

When I am in Shirsasana... I can feel the prana/energy (or semen?) being sucked from my testicles and going downwards into the head (via bladder?). The testicles feel like a fruit getting its pulp sucked out (it wobbles physically). My breathing also stops before/during this (the belly is already inwards) and the vaccum feeling can also be felt because of this.

However it does not feel like I would die out of oxygen... I am neither out of breath when its over. I rather feel stronger.

Now that I am going through the AYP chapters one by one. I understand that Pranayama, Siddhasana, Kumbhaka, Moolbandha, Vajroli, Shambhavi and many many other asanas, bandhas, mudras happen automatically to me.

I remember the last few times (several months ago) when I had sex, I would go into Shambhavi automatically and it would extend the pleasure and prevent ejacluation.

As you have said in your Eight limbs of yoga book... I realise it was all in the nervous system. Earlier I thought I was possessed by some spirit who was doing all this to me. I still can't fully believe that its all in my nervous system and that I am not possesed. I went to a few Exorcists few years ago but they all said I was not possessed. But I did not believe them and still had a doubt.

Hi Manig:

Yes, inversion postures have this physical effect in the pelvic region also. Asanas, mudras and bandhas help stimulate the awakening of whole body ecstatic conductivity in many interconnected ways.

The reason you do not feel oxygen-deprived during kumbhaka (breath suspension) is because the awakening inner prana is compensating. Be careful about overdoing this. It can lead to excessive purification and imbalance, with recovery time being necessary. In this way, going too fast can slow us down as we overdo, wait to recover, overdo, wait to recover, etc. Much faster (and comfortable) to keep a steady sustainable pace. Therefore, very important to keep a moderate well-rounded practice routine, balanced with good daily activity for integrating it all into everyday living. Much more fun that way too.

Yes, we are all possessed, by divine evolution longing to express naturally through us. For anyone engaged in effective practices it becomes obvious.

Yoga is derived from the natural evolutionary capabilities observed in the human nervous system. We add structure and self-pacing in an effort to make the journey to enlightenment practical for everyone.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  11:46:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have orgasms that surpass the level that happens when you ejaculate semen.

How did you get to this point?
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  12:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

quote:
I have orgasms that surpass the level that happens when you ejaculate semen.

How did you get to this point?

While having sex I can go into the Witness state. The body is working on its own and I just watch.

Then a moment comes the breath and body movement are in a beautiful rhythm. The head of the penis has different pleasure points that you can pinpoint then. Just breathing... slowly... slowly... eyes would turn up themselves (Automatic Shambhavi) raising the pleasure higher and higher...

Its like loving yourself. The pleasure is unending. Like you are having a freefall and there is no ground (or freerise... up up and up).

Once I reached this stage I forgot the pleasure that comes when you ejaculate. It does not make any sense to ejaculate now. What for?

I also used my hands sometimes as they taught me how to pinpoint the pleasure points. But the most important thing is going into meditation (becoming a witness). I call it Auto Pilot.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  12:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And this allows you to ORGASM without ejaculation?
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  2:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

And this allows you to ORGASM without ejaculation?

Well, to me orgasm means the moment of most intense pleasure in sexual intercourse (during ejaculation). As I can go beyond it without ejaculating, so its higher level orgasm to me. I don't know what else to call this experience.

And during this experience, the sensations go all over the body even making the body jolt sometimes... just like having a normal orgasm with a lengthy ejaculation.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  3:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
Hi Manig:

Yes, inversion postures have this physical effect in the pelvic region also. Asanas, mudras and bandhas help stimulate the awakening of whole body ecstatic conductivity in many interconnected ways.

The reason you do not feel oxygen-deprived during kumbhaka (breath suspension) is because the awakening inner prana is compensating. Be careful about overdoing this. It can lead to excessive purification and imbalance, with recovery time being necessary. In this way, going too fast can slow us down as we overdo, wait to recover, overdo, wait to recover, etc. Much faster (and comfortable) to keep a steady sustainable pace. Therefore, very important to keep a moderate well-rounded practice routine, balanced with good daily activity for integrating it all into everyday living. Much more fun that way too.

Yes, we are all possessed, by divine evolution longing to express naturally through us. For anyone engaged in effective practices it becomes obvious.

Yoga is derived from the natural evolutionary capabilities observed in the human nervous system. We add structure and self-pacing in an effort to make the journey to enlightenment practical for everyone.

The guru is in you.

Thank you Yogani Ji!

I always leave such delicate processes in the hands of the Guru within. I had a bad experience in the past and learnt a lesson from it. Things go smooth now.

And with your guidance... it will be even more smoother and enjoyable journey.

As long as God is hidden, people who uncover him will go on arising.
As long as truth is concealed, these tales of awakening won't be stopped
O people of the mind, you are free to construct your systems
but the very walls will dance, the mad ones won't be stopped.
As long as there is a veil on the face of the beloved, there will be talk of religion, songs of prayer will arise.
As long as religions persist and prosper, these tales of awakening won't be stopped.
Moths will go on becoming candles, burning themselves up laughing, smiling
in the cruel houses of superstition the moths won't be stopped.
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  3:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a direct correlations between withheld semen and the raising of prana out of the pelvis to the rest of the channels. Meditation and realization deepens when ejaculations don't happen. When ejaculations do happen, the prana gets stuck in the pelvis. This is due IMO to attachment and expectation (of sexual gratification). Kunda/bodhichitta are the same.

It is an irritating feeling to have raised the prana out of the pelvis, to the heart and crown, only to have it pulled back down into the pelvis after an ejaculation. The mind feels a little annoyed by this. Then, with brahmacharya, the prana slowly raises out of the pelvis.

My practices are different, but this phenomena is the same. I do practice Nauli every day and this helps with the feeling of tightness in the pelvic channels, raising and spreading prana.
Go to Top of Page

manig

India
88 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  01:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit manig's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Konchok Ösel Dorje

It is an irritating feeling to have raised the prana out of the pelvis, to the heart and crown, only to have it pulled back down into the pelvis after an ejaculation. The mind feels a little annoyed by this. Then, with brahmacharya, the prana slowly raises out of the pelvis.

Wow... I never knew the feeling of guilt after ejaculation was related to this phenomenon.

Its very important for every human to experience brahmacharaya and understand the real meaning why all the spirtualists/religions say not to waste semen and avoid casual sex. Most priests just preach its bad/low level by reading the books but themselves don't know the real meaning behind it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000